How Stupid is This?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Political correctness gone mad!!!:

Bullock in trouble on swansong eve

Jason Avedissian

31Aug06

NARRABEEN captain Shane Bullock is devastated at the prospect of being suspended from Sunday's Manly Warringah A Grade grand final because of comments he made in this week's Manly Daily.

Bullock will face a committee tonight and could face a contrary conduct charge for saying the Sharks must ``bash'' Valley United if they want to win the grand final at Brookvale Oval.

Bulldogs lock Reni Maitua made similar comments before a National Rugby League match against the Dragons earlier this month but was not reprimanded.

However, the Manly Warringah Junior Rugby League were upset by Bullock's comments, made after Narrabeen defeated Narraweena on Sunday.

MWJRL president Peter O'Dwyer confirmed yesterday Bullock will face a committee tonight to explain himself.

But Bullock last night said the comments were taken out of context.

``I meant that we are going to have to go out there and play hard,'' he said. ``I didn't mean anything other than that.''

O'Dwyer said the MWJRL has a strict code of conduct to adhere to.

``I was disappointed with the comments,'' he said.

Bullock has been playing in the Manly junior league since 1982.

At 33, this will be his last season as he steers the Sharks towards their first top grade grand final appearance since 1989.

``It would be devastating if I missed the grand final,'' Bullock said.

Valley coach Brent Byrne said he did not think Bullock meant the Sharks were going to come out and deliberately break the rules.

``It would be ridiculous if he got charged and suspended,'' Byrne said.

Byrne said he thought Bullock's comments meant that Narrabeen would simply adopt a physical approach to the grand final.

Bullock told Tuesday's Daily that Narrabeen must ``play physical'' if they want to upset Valley United who are the overwhelming grand final favourites.

``We've just got to bash them,'' Bullock said after the game.

``If we play physical, like we proved in the second half (against Narraweena) then I think we can bash any team.

``That's what we've got to do to Valley, play smart and hit them hard.''

That is ridiculous. It is pretty much the way all codes are being reffed and looked after now in the beaches. I got penalised for swearing at a player who blatantly elbowed me in the back, the ref blew up a penalty and I had a go at the player, so the ref turned the penalty!!!!

Maybe they misheard and thought he said "pash the other team". I'm sure that would be regarded as an offensive statement by those rednecks on the Northern Beaches!!

*Gets gold star from Silvertails webmaster*

next thing they will start banning supporters for lude banners such as the we love C.Hicks Beaver banner

Maybe they misheard and thought he said \"pash the other team\". I'm sure that would be regarded as an offensive statement by those rednecks on the Northern Beaches!!

*Gets gold star from Silvertails webmaster*

good man!

Political correctness (PC) indeed CW !

See this is where it all starts. A few years ago PC was thought of by a pinko lesbian leftist grub and it has snowballed into encouraging interferring government beaurocratics to meddle in the affairs of the individual to the point where it's inevitable that the democratic principles of rights and common law on which the 1st world relies on to function will collapse.

Good thing we have football to think about instead huh.

Bashing someone is a cliche in Rugby League terms. It is not meant literally.

It's is an acceptable expression in sport and means to be very physical. When will the PC end????

bashing someone is a criminal offense, is it not?

Depends on the circumstances doesn't it?

I can ask some contacts if you like :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4