How Ordinary is Chris Bailey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He is a solid backrower but is as much a 5/8 as I am.

We can all see where the photos went

Baileys worst game of the season when we really needed it to be his best.

Glenn S was crap in  the lock role as well, nothing like last week where they shared the 5/8 job in attack.

I used to think Bailey was the new Willow but he was as safe as houses. Bailey is full of mistakes, intercept passes, offers nothing in attack and isn't  a great defender. I can't believe he makes the team. He's not ordinary though, he's extra ordinary.

i think we should have looked at bringing farrar into 5/8 and william hopoate up. It would be worth a shot at least

Dan link said:
i think we should have looked at bringing farrar into 5/8 and william hopoate up. It would be worth a shot at least

I think we should have looked at bringing Lyon into 5/8, Farrar in the centres and Hoppa at fullback Dan. That way you arent playing anyone out of position as they have all played in those spots previously.

And before anyone has a crack about Hoppa being too young and able to handle it can someone answer this question honestly.

What exactly does Farrar offer from fullback that he couldnt from the centres?

His absolute refusal to contest bombs has opposition teams putting up high kicks from halfway. We have been very lucky with bounces etc so far but that will run out and it will start to cost us games.

I dont think we would have lost anything by giving young Hoppa a crack last night. I dare say he will be called upon over the next few weeks anyway and last night was probably a prime opportunity to blood him.

i have to agree. We should have brought Hoppa up last night.

Farrer has played some 5/8 before and I really want to see how he would go there just out of interest. I dont think we would have lost too much by doing so last night.

If Foran is our for the next game I say we give Hoppa a go just to see how things pan out

Either Hoppa or Whare would have been better options last night whihc would have allowed Jamie to move to 5/8 - after all he is the best 5/8 in NSW at the moment............

Hindsight has 20/20 vision

So what we should have done is break up the Lyon TRex combo that scored 3 tries against the Dragons or move a bloke from fullback where he has been going well to 5/8 that he last played when? Then we could blood a youngster against last years grand finalists who have been on a roll of late.

And all this to drop a bloke who did an ok job of filling in for our regular 5/8 when he went off injured last week and who helped us get a good win over the competition front runners.

So fair enough Bailey made a few mistakes but when was the last time he played 5/8.

You also need to remember a fair portion of our squad was playing their 3rd game in 9 days and on a very heavy field, while most of the Eels players had had 17 days off.

Its not hindsight. I was saying we were screwed with Bailey at 5/8th before the game to my brother (via txt messages) and that Lyon should be there. That's called foresight.

On what basis would you say we were screwed when he had filled in at 5/8 the week prior where we scored 14 unanswered points against the Dragons?

I am not saying he played well at 5/8 but I also dont think he was the only reason we lost.

Farrar is crucial to all our plays from fullback at the moment, I highly doubt Hoppa could pull those off so he could be left there

I may be wrong here, but when Matai went off, I think Rodney went into 5/8 and Bailey into the centres. Bailey went ok there and Rodney wasn't the worst in the 10mins he had

Hoppa, I still haven't seen enough from him personally to suggest he is ready for 1st grade. he will be a great player in time, but the step up is massive. I saw Tony Williams and Ben Barba dominate the 20s to a far, far bigger extent than Hoppa has and they both have struggled to get used to the step up

We have a history of pretty pedestrian back up options at 5/8. Sam Harris, Willo, Monas, Beaver, and now Bailey to name a few. It's not a position that we have carried a lot of depth in.

guy at my school, a souths fan reckons Farrar is the worst fullback he has seen, he cannot believe Farrar lets bombs bounce and reckons he hasn't got a clue!! Also reckons Farrar gets out of position quite bit, robson try was one! no one home, but fullback isnt farrars spot

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6