How Many games will Schuster play in 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

How Many games will Schuster play in 2023

• Over 20 games

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • 15 - 20 games

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • 10 - 15 games

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Less than 10 games

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • More than Turbo

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
I tore a calf quite badly running along a sandy shoreline in WA a few years ago. There was a soft spot I sunk into, took ages to heal!
Sorry to hear that SER8, but that's just unlucky and would happen on an oval if you sink into it.
I also refer to the "soft sand" which includes sandhills and the higher dry sandy area.
If it was just a 1 off, could also be you didn't have the calf strength to be doing the sand which is harder on the legs than standard grass running.
All the junior sides down the Shire used to run the sand hills and zero got injured, only helped explosive speed and built up the calves better than any weight training could.

I tore a calf quite badly running along a sandy shoreline in WA a few years ago. There was a soft spot I sunk into, took ages to heal!
yeah i did my achilles in fiji on a holiday, couple of days later went out to an island where they dumped you and had to try walk on sand. ended up crawling to a deck chair for the day.
nice cocktails

at this stage it wasnt confirmed achilles although i suspected . facilities were scarce

still had a good holiday though. had to suck it big time on crutches, played a lot of pool games on 1 leg but if i moved the other one too fast the water resistance made my sphincter curl . its easy to aggravate still about 7 years on

a couple of locals heard about it and looked after me really well with natural therapies and kindness

also DCE to dolphins, i have a reputation and quota to keep up.

Poor kid. Where was the physio to answer some of the hard questions re his calf injury and how they are going to treat it / stop it in the future.

Schu said he tore a ligament in his calf. That is a worry.

Will he be ok to play by round 3?

Feels like we are suffering PTSD from Turbos injuries. Every team goes through them but they have cost us more than most teams in recent memory. The slightest niggle has us all thinking 'here we go again'.
Yeah I think we're just a bit spooked. A lot of other clubs have players getting injured in the trials, even out for the whole year. Storm's Kamikameca even hurt his foot in pre-game warm-up and will miss the first 6 weeks!

Feel for him. Worked so hard and to get injured on the eve of the season opener. And to top it off having to give a media intervew (am I the only one that watched that thinking he wanted to be anywhere else but there?).

Feel for him. Worked so hard and to get injured on the eve of the season opener. And to top it off having to give a media intervew (am I the only one that watched that thinking he wanted to be anywhere else but there?).
I think he needs some media training. Feels like the kid who spent all his school time playing footy and not much time in class. I feel like the club need to help him out with this a little.

Will need Schuster to play 20 plus games for us to have a good shot at the title .What bothered me when watching the trial was that I saw him limping after 25 minutes and still played till half time .I do not know who's call is it to pull players off but we need to act quickly when players are injured or their injuries will get worse .Great winning the 2 trial games and this Manly team will only get better through out 2023 .Let's go Manly .

Its early and he has plenty of time to get it right. No value in rushing him back, we have already seen what can happen when you rush players back when they are not 100% fit. The Schu will have a good year provided he stays focussed. I am super impressed by the players during interviews and it is cleat that the group are tight and backing each other. That is a very important part of the recipe of success.

I know we all hope his got fit but the other side of Josh has been his lack of durability last season it was ankle kept him out for long time. We looked so slick in trial but his lower leg injuries are a concern, even way back to his debut v tigers he did his ankle.

Will need Schuster to play 20 plus games for us to have a good shot at the title .What bothered me when watching the trial was that I saw him limping after 25 minutes and still played till half time .I do not know who's call is it to pull players off but we need to act quickly when players are injured or their injuries will get worse .Great winning the 2 trial games and this Manly team will only get better through out 2023 .Let's go Manly .
He a brilliant talent when fit, he pretty well had it on a string in first half of that trial.
I just do worry his lower leg injuries, I hope kid gets some luck as he could be a star of our game really do.

He a brilliant talent when fit, he pretty well had it on a string in first half of that trial.
I just do worry his lower leg injuries, I hope kid gets some luck as he could be a star of our game really do .
Agreed and fingers crossed Schuster can play 20 games this year .We have a team that is building nicely and we need him playing together with the rest of team to push for a top 4 spot .

In his interview he said it happend in the first few minutes but he wanted to stay on because he hadn't played in such a long time. He didn't think it was a problem at first.

I know we all hope his got fit but the other side of Josh has been his lack of durability last season it was ankle kept him out for long time. We looked so slick in trial but his lower leg injuries are a concern, even way back to his debut v tigers he did his ankle.
Unfortunately with Shu his leg injuries are not just one or two weekers, this is exactually what happened last year at the start of 22. Having lost a lot of excess weight will be help tho.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6