How many eagles out on Rep duty?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So Choc will get a start and there are rumours that DCE might be on the bench for Australia but who else will be involved in the Test Match next week - K Foran? Kearney doesn't seem to be a Matai fan and neither of these blokes are certainties to be fit for the game.

Buhrer might get a utility spot for City - can't think of anyone else involved in that game.

As far as SOO TRex won't be risked by Stuart for Game One.

DCE might be on the QLD bench.

Gift still has a lot of fit backrowers ahead of him.

Snake hasn't had enough punch on kick returns for the style Coach Stuart seems to like (although Brett would never be out of place, I think Ricky might put Gidley at fullback so that he can use Carney on the bench)

Our props should focus on keeping their spot in first grade.

Lyon would be a walk up if available.

I can really see only Choc playing the first game and maybe Gift or TRex some of the later games.

Ballin and DCE might play if there are injuries...

So we will be rested and hopefully fit leading into the part of the season where many of the other strong clubs start to falter. If one or two of our stars are unable to play for club because of Rep commitments then - taking a positive out of the last seven games -the fringe players called upon will be two or three games better experienced and prepared for the job.

GO MANLY we will be there -

I have to be an optimist, there is no point in living if you aren't.

I like the way you think TEE. We'll be right.
Bones needs to start a new thread...
Dear........
doomsdayers... Welcome back..

Ricky Stuart has said T-Rex will have his own fitness test. I guess that means he's a cert if he passes it, but I'm guessing its not going to be easy.

Behind Gallen, Choc is the next forward picked. He's the only other Blues forward in 5 years who has consistenly made an impact at that level and I think he's been in terrific form so far this year (i'm pretending last night didn't exist).

Gift might also get a spot, as long as he comes back next game and hits the ground running.

Some talk that Hinchcliffe from the Storm is in the running for the utility spot on the bench. If thats the type of player they are looking for I would pick Buhrer, but I know that won't happen. Hopefully he gets picked for City and performs that role and shows the selectors he's up for it so it will stand him in good stead for later on.

DCE on the bench doesn't make sense to me, for Australia or QLD, but then again neither did having Cronk on the bench so it wouldn't surprise me if he got selected.

Masked Eagle said:
Ricky Stuart has said T-Rex will have his own fitness test. I guess that means he's a cert if he passes it, but I'm guessing its not going to be easy.

Behind Gallen, Choc is the next forward picked. He's the only other Blues forward in 5 years who has consistenly made an impact at that level and I think he's been in terrific form so far this year (i'm pretending last night didn't exist).

Gift might also get a spot, as long as he comes back next game and hits the ground running.

Some talk that Hinchcliffe from the Storm is in the running for the utility spot on the bench. If thats the type of player they are looking for I would pick Buhrer, but I know that won't happen. Hopefully he gets picked for City and performs that role and shows the selectors he's up for it so it will stand him in good stead for later on.

DCE on the bench doesn't make sense to me, for Australia or QLD, but then again neither did having Cronk on the bench so it wouldn't surprise me if he got selected.

Yeah I wouldn't have DCE in either of those teams - that would be three genuine halfbacks in the one team.

Buhrer's time will come - we miss him playing out of dummy half when he has to make up for the backrowers out with injury and suspension.

Ricky will definitely have Gidley in the team with Wallace and now Campese injured and Pierce putting in a stinker last night who knows how the Blues team will shape up.

Niether gift nor choc are certianties for SOO.Gift because of injury(if fit a cert) and choc because of his new tight playing style and competition.Tariq Sims and TREX are certs if fit as are Lewis and Gallen.Throw Bird and Scott in as well,who Ricky loves, and its anyones guess.

Qld will pick Gillette for sure.He covers all positions and they always prefer size hence Bowens very few games.Cronk was the exception because of his combination with Smith and Slater,same reason he is on Aus bench.DCE doesnt have that combination in his favour.I remember Gene Miles telling me Bowen will never start for Qld while Hunt was around because they always placed toughness and durability over flair in origin and he is still a selector.

I am more of a chance at fullback for NSW than snake simply because you cant risk a fullback who may get injured at any minute and his form is not good enough anyway.Hinchcliffe is way ahead of Buhrer and will get picked for Aus this week.Jamie will get his chance in years to come.

Foran couldnt possibly play for NZ could he after his injury problems,could he,especially with Johnson now on the scene.They dont seem to like Matai and he is probably hurt anyway.

City country we probably have choc and maybe Buhrer playing.Wolf is only a rough chance.King and Kite wont play for NSW again so they wont pick them.

Overall I reckon we will get off lightly over the origin period in terms of player losses.

I don't know who may or may not get picked I just know I'm going to be real pissed off if I see T Rex, Gift, Foz, Snake playing in rep games while we have been missing them from so many premiership games especially if they get injured again.

Wolfman and possibly Buhrer for City Country

Watmough for the Aussies

Foran and Matai possibly for the kiwis depending on fitness

SOO still a few weeks away so who knows

mickqld said:
I don't know who may or may not get picked I just know I'm going to be real pissed off if I see T Rex, Gift, Foz, Snake playing in rep games while we have been missing them from so many premiership games especially if they get injured again.

Yep. Can the club rule out players because of injury concerns, or is it up to the players? I imagine K Foran would want to play for the Kiwis.

The Who said:
mickqld said:

Yep. Can the club rule out players because of injury concerns, or is it up to the players? I imagine K Foran would want to play for the Kiwis.

And I would want him to play as well. I can't believe people get so worried about players getting injured in rep duty. The reward far out weights the risk IMO. I doubt Foran would be the player he is today without playing for NZ, playing with and against the best fast tracks a players development and is a massive shot of confidence for them. How many times do Origin players still end up being the best on the field only a few days after playing Origin and everyone else is fresh? Rep football helps make players better.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6