How long should Beaver stay!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
We all saw Beaver (Steve Menzies) put in a much improved effort in 2005.

The Beaver has been a club champion player for many years. Should he be given the opportunity to call the shots for when he stops playing for Manly. Or should the club simply let him go if it's clear his best days are behind him?

Should the Beaver get special treatment?

I think he will be allowed to make the call on his future beacuase of the loyalty he has shown in the past. He is in a different category to some of the other Manly greats such as Vautin who were forced out of the club purley because of his superior athleticism and because of the interchange system. For while he will imo continue to play full games in 2006 it would give us the option of bringing him off the bench as an impact player to run at tired defences in 2007 if he decides to continue.

Personally I love beaver...beaver should be able to stay as long as he is still useful. THe club can always do with a little Beaver IMO

2 more years tops - depending on how much he wants for his services.

You don't want to lose a Groom to give Beaver a swansong. However, as a 10+ year player some of Beaver's pay doesn't count under the cap.

Are testimonials counted under the cap these days?

not one beaver joke Matabele tsk tsk!

Steve seems to know when things arn't traveling well. He had the guts to remove himself from captaincy because of bad form so im 100% confident that he will know the right time to hang up the boots.

BEaver should be allowed to make his own decesion up to a point but should the club think he is past his use by date then they should let him know in private so he can stand down.

I think definitely next year probably 2 and he deserves to be told well before June 30 of his last year if he's not required so he has time to explore all his options.

Even though I would expect him to finish his career in the ESL.

I actually spoke to Steven's mum the other day and this is what she had to say:

When my Beaver first started I have say I was concerned, all of those big lads trying to give it to my Beaver, I tell you sometimes I just had to close my eyes and hope for the best.

But look at my Beaver now, I couldnt be prouder. Pride has flowed from my Beaver and at times my Beaver has even bled for the club.

I think the club owe it to my Beaver to go out on his terms, not be hung out to dry.

I actually spoke to Steven's mum the other day and this is what she had to say:

When my Beaver first started I have say I was concerned, all of those big lads trying to give it to my Beaver, I tell you sometimes I just had to close my eyes and hope for the best.

But look at my Beaver now, I couldnt be prouder. Pride has flowed from my Beaver and at times my Beaver has even bled for the club.

I think the club owe it to my Beaver to go out on his terms, not be hung out to dry.

Gold..how long would that last on MSE ? :)

If they are both in form then I hope Menzies and Kennedy don't leave at the same time, 2 pairs of very big shoes to fill.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4