How long is Foran signed for?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Sean

Can anyone tell me how long we signed Foran for. I get nervous when it looks like the roosters have a position to fill and it looks like five-eighth spot may be available soon. You would imagine Pearce would be keen to link up with him.

Till the end of 2012. By then we should have a few people leaving that may free up some cap.

Matabele said:
I don;t believe his signing for 2011 has been announced yet.

No he is defiantly signed mate, see the link below.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/keiran-foran-stays-at-brookvale-nest/story-e6frg7mf-1225831551281

Matabele said:
So according to that he is off contract at the end of this season.

No till the end of 2012, how do you figure the end of 2011???

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rugby-league/nrl/teams/manly-sea-eagles/

This site is great for checking who is signed up ect.

Article is dated 18 February 2010:

Only now, having made the decision to spurn an offer from the Sydney Roosters to remain at the Sea Eagles for at least another two seasons, can Foran reveal how trying it was.

As long as O'Sullivan is recruitment manager for the chooks I don't see Foran having anything to do with them.

And besides why would anyone want to play for a team whose coach has a reputation like Smith's? 2nd is the best that Smith will ever acheive

Matabele said:
Article is dated 18 February 2010:

Only now, having made the decision to spurn an offer from the Sydney Roosters to remain at the Sea Eagles for at least another two seasons, can Foran reveal how trying it was.

Two seasons = 2011 and 2012

I think it was a smart move signing Liam he might only end up being a fringe first grader at best but it keeps the brothers dream alive of playing together in the NRL.

Thanks guys. I found the same article but I thought it was strange it was not talked about in any other publications. Just wanted to see if anyone read it elsewhere.

He only signed for 2 years in case the Bears were readmitted as he is a Norths Junior. Lets hope this doesn't happen.

I understand what Matas and Fro are saying, but he was already contracted for 2010, it was an additional 2 seasons from there

tookey said:
As long as O'Sullivan is recruitment manager for the chooks I don't see Foran having anything to do with them.

And besides why would anyone want to play for a team whose coach has a reputation like Smith's? 2nd is the best that Smith will ever acheive

O'Sullivan helps us but what his friendship with Mitchell Pearce can't be ignored either. That and of course dollars. Although I must admit I'm reasonably confident that Foran is with us for the long term. I wish I had the same level of confidence with us retaining Hoppa.

Money speaks all languages and O'Sullivan or his brother isnt going to persuade him to sign a contract worth $100 k or less a year. Foran’s current market value imo would now be $400k. Who knows how much it will be next year when he comes off contract. Even the Broncos are cashed up to make him a big offer.

The Headache for Manly’s recruitment team will be having enough salary cap left to resign the players coming off contract in 2012 including Foran.

Manly will have a number of other notables coming off contract, Glen & Brett Stewart, Watmough, King, Cherry-Evans, Rodney and so on.

Even if some players have to take cuts it will be difficult and so one of the considerations the Recruitment team will be left with is how do they free up room within their cap.

Do they let Kite go and place trust that the likes of Mauro, Robinson, Cunningham and Lussick stepping up to fill the void. Also do they let David Williams and Tony Williams go for Robertson, Oldfield and Whare.

If they decide to go that way that will pay to resign Hopoate and Buhrer and leave something in reserve for the upgrade that Foran is going to be worth. It is a gamble but it has to be considered.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Money speaks all languages and O'Sullivan or his brother isnt going to persuade him to sign a contract worth $100 k or less a year. Foran’s current market value imo would now be $400k. Who knows how much it will be next year when he comes off contract. Even the Broncos are cashed up to make him a big offer.

The Headache for Manly’s recruitment team will be having enough salary cap left to resign the players coming off contract in 2012 including Foran.

Manly will have a number of other notables coming off contract, Glen & Brett Stewart, Watmough, King, Cherry-Evans, Rodney and so on.

Even if some players have to take cuts it will be difficult and so one of the considerations the Recruitment team will be left with is how do they free up room within their cap.

Do they let Kite go and place trust that the likes of Mauro, Robinson, Cunningham and Lussick stepping up to fill the void. Also do they let David Williams and Tony Williams go for Robertson, Oldfield and Whare.

If they decide to go that way that will pay to resign Hopoate and Buhrer and leave something in reserve for the upgrade that Foran is going to be worth. It is a gamble but it has to be considered.

This is what I was thinking and I think it is a gamble we must take. Des and Crusher are pretty good at developing players so surely they can get their hands on another couple of cheap props to get the job done. We might even be able to get Kite on a drastically reduced contract.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8