How far will Australia go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
How far do you guys think the Aussies will go in the World Cup?
As far as soccer goes I will freely admit I have NFI but after last nights effort I'm fairly confident we can make it past the round games.

We will either make the 2nd round or the quarters - no further, but it will be enough to build on for next time when we are part of the asian league - guess who their best team is?

Clue: they were beaten recently 3 - 1

im just sick of all the football (soccer) fans that have popped up all of a sudden. I know it is a great spectacle and we should all be behind it but i have people at work going on and on about it , and then he turns to me and says that he thinks Man United have a good chance in germany this year.AAAAHHHHHH . Another said to me that the Aus V Japan was one of the best games of football that has been played. AAAAHHHHHHHH.Watch Premier League if you want to see quality football.

in response to the actual question, i think we could make the next round. Thats about it. But the positive flow on effect should be good. The only problem is if your not good enough to be poached at age 12 like Kewell was then the quality of football in Aus has been pretty ordinary. Hopefully the A-League can turn it around a bit.

We will hopefully make the 2nd round.

I have nfi idea about soccer but I am one that is taking a interest and jumping on the australian bandwagon and talking about it at work etc. Nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned, why wouldnt you take a interest in the biggest team sporting event the world has to offer? its hard not to get caught up in the excitement.

Next round is very possible, but no further than that considering whoever goes through with Brazil will probably play the Czechs.

Croatia looked handy today. The real wild card is the amount of yellow cards each team is picking up – around 4 per game. Two yellow cards = a suspension in the bext game. This could really test a squad’s depth. We have some key players on yellows already!

As for quality football I am not sure the EPL, as exciting as it can be, is quality football – Spain would be edging it right

Given the weight of the band wagon they now have to pull I'd say they'll go no further than the round of 16.

At which point all the Attention deficit Gen Y mob will jump off and find something more entertaining to do than watch grown men rolling around on the grass and crying like babies.

Given the weight of the band wagon they now have to pull I'd say they'll go no further than the round of 16.

At which point all the Attention deficit Gen Y mob will jump off and find something more entertaining to do than watch grown men rolling around on the grass and crying like babies.
so they wont be watching you then.

We will hopefully make the 2nd round.

I have nfi idea about soccer but I am one that is taking a interest and jumping on the australian bandwagon and talking about it at work etc. Nothing wrong with it as far as I am concerned, why wouldnt you take a interest in the biggest team sporting event the world has to offer? its hard not to get caught up in the excitement.
i agree Garts. It is good for people to jump on board and take an interest. It is just some people who are talking about it and how good Aus are and Brazil are the team to beat are the same people i was arguing with only 6 months ago about the sport. They say it takes no talent and is just pancies falling around on the ground.Now they think they are experts.

Anyway, football is a funny sport. We go 85 minutes without a goal and then score 3 in 10 minutes. Anything is possible and its up to Aussie Guus to get his team right for the next game.
I think Guus should have levelled that Jap official . Priceless. Keep it up Guus.
:blaugh:

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4