How do we improve our pack and bench?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
How can a player get fit playing just one quarter of a match each week?
Do these reserves get a quarter of the salary?

They just get paid in quarter pounders

The Who said:

They just get paid in quarter pounders

With Choc out this week and possibly Kingy -
8.Rose
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Buhrer
12.Harrison
13.Gifty
14.Lussick
15.Galuvao
16.Mauro
17.L-Foz

8.Rose
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Buhrer
12.Harrison
13.Gifty
14.Lussick
15.Galuvao
16.Mauro
17.L-Foz

The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Im sick of this stuff about "Rose must be dropped because he is unfit and fat" etc.

He played 22mins on Saturday, the majorty of them when we didn't have the ball, 16 tackles made shows that, it was the same amount as Lussick who had nearly double that time and more than Joe as well

Any time his form dips a touch, it is all we hear. Funnily enough when he comes back into form playing well the weight is never mentioned ....

1 mere metre
That was a crucial metre in that match.

The Eagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Im sick of this stuff about "Rose must be dropped because he is unfit and fat" etc.

He played 22mins on Saturday, the majorty of them when we didn't have the ball, 16 tackles made shows that, it was the same amount as Lussick who had nearly double that time and more than Joe as well

Any time his form dips a touch, it is all we hear. Funnily enough when he comes back into form playing well the weight is never mentioned ....

1 mere metre
That was a crucial metre in that match.

EagleRock40 said:
8.Rose
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Buhrer
12.Harrison
13.Gifty
14.Lussick
15.Galuvao
16.Mauro
17.L-Foz

No T Rex??
Not at best atm but need him against the Cows tough pack.

EagleRock40 said:
8.Rose
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Buhrer
12.Harrison
13.Gifty
14.Lussick
15.Galuvao
16.Mauro
17.L-Foz

No T Rex??

Strange times ahead. Just talking about t-Rex on the bench means something bad. Only a few weeks ago he was secret weapon against Queensland.

It must be a mental thing for him, and for many other players too.

They never replaced the motivational guy did they? - the one that followed des.

Strange times ahead. Just talking about t-Rex on the bench means something bad. Only a few weeks ago he was secret weapon against Queensland.

It must be a mental thing for him, and for many other players too.

They never replaced the motivational guy did they? - the one that followed des.

No, however Des didn't want one to begin with either, when Steve Gearin recommended Manly have a psych on the coaching staff. That was 2004.

Give Toovey time, he'll get there. Maybe not this year though.

No, however Des didn't want one to begin with either, when Steve Gearin recommended Manly have a psych on the coaching staff. That was 2004.

Give Toovey time, he'll get there. Maybe not this year though.

MK Eagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
8.Rose
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Buhrer
12.Harrison
13.Gifty
14.Lussick
15.Galuvao
16.Mauro
17.L-Foz

No T Rex??

For mine he is either -
a) Still injured - if this is the case then give him a few weeks off to get 100%
b) He's already thinking of 2013 - piss him off now. We need 17 players committed to the cause for 80 minutes every week from now until the end of the season.
In saying this, Tooves won't leave him out so replace Mauro with him on the bench.

MK Eagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
8.Rose
9.Ballin
10.Kite
11.Buhrer
12.Harrison
13.Gifty
14.Lussick
15.Galuvao
16.Mauro
17.L-Foz

No T Rex??

For mine he is either -
a) Still injured - if this is the case then give him a few weeks off to get 100%
b) He's already thinking of 2013 - piss him off now. We need 17 players committed to the cause for 80 minutes every week from now until the end of the season.
In saying this, Tooves won't leave him out so replace Mauro with him on the bench.

Chip and Chase said:
The Who said:

What do you think he does for the other 6.5 days of the week ?? If you can't get fit being flogged by Donny Singe then there's something going on.

Then how come players always say they need 'match fitness'? There is a big difference between playing and training.

Chip and Chase said:
The Who said:

What do you think he does for the other 6.5 days of the week ?? If you can't get fit being flogged by Donny Singe then there's something going on.

Then how come players always say they need 'match fitness'? There is a big difference between playing and training.

Kiwi Eagle said:

KE he is only a fraction of the player he used to be. I can tell you I was his biggest fan. FFS my forum username used to be Gorgeous George! His cult status is definitely on the wane.

I don't care what his weight is. Most of his game is based on the fact that he is a heavy dude. What attracted me to him was just that, he was a big fella that would scatter the opposition like 9-pins. He also had a twinkle-toes step that I loved seeing. All I want to see is the effort and the kind of form that made him the popular figure he became.

IMO this season and last he has let us down with his effort. I'd love nothing more than a return to the form we saw the first couple of seasons we had him.

Is anyone aware of why Toovey didn't play him in firsts for the first several rounds of this season. My daughter asked him what the go was at a concert she went to earlier in the year and he said he was injured. He was fit enough to play NSW cup at the time so I'm wondering what the real reason was.

Kiwi Eagle said:

KE he is only a fraction of the player he used to be. I can tell you I was his biggest fan. FFS my forum username used to be Gorgeous George! His cult status is definitely on the wane.

I don't care what his weight is. Most of his game is based on the fact that he is a heavy dude. What attracted me to him was just that, he was a big fella that would scatter the opposition like 9-pins. He also had a twinkle-toes step that I loved seeing. All I want to see is the effort and the kind of form that made him the popular figure he became.

IMO this season and last he has let us down with his effort. I'd love nothing more than a return to the form we saw the first couple of seasons we had him.

Is anyone aware of why Toovey didn't play him in firsts for the first several rounds of this season. My daughter asked him what the go was at a concert she went to earlier in the year and he said he was injured. He was fit enough to play NSW cup at the time so I'm wondering what the real reason was.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6