How do we beat Storm? 'Give it to Turbo' answers not accepted :)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don’t give it to Turbo. That’ll fool ’em.
On second thoughts…

Sign everyone to two contracts,
Develop a myriad of illegal tackles design to hurt players,
complain and whine like hell when we get caught,
have our fans join other forums to wax lyrically about how we're the real benchmark.

and kick long with Saab chasing.

I'm more concerned that scum's game plan may be to wipe out turbo (illegally)
I’m having flashbacks to 2007, I think snake still hears bells but surely the refs wouldn’t allow that again, BS. That’s probably the refs game plan, turn a blind eye while they go after Tom.

Be more enthusiastic. That simple.

I reckon Des (and the players) have had an eye on this game for a few weeks.

I expect us to be like a bull at a gate!

Cmon Manly!
You better be right, some of the boys have played like their injured over the past 2 or 3 weeks but this week all but about 5 or so players looked like they don’t give one and if they play like that again we’ll get smashed. I hope Des can get the boys fired up. But in saying that if the ref lets the tackled storm players crawl along the ground, past the markers to put them offside, like normal, it may not matter what we do. Refs will play a big part I’m afraid!

Get on top of Bromwich, Welsh and Finucane in the first twenty.

Start with Tent and Aloiai in the middle, Marty and Keppie both have good energy and can inject themselves into the game.

Win the middle, minimise the errors and the team can shift the ball at will to the edges.
And just hope Tom brings his cape.

Keep the ref out of the game
Des, or someone has to speak to the refs boss about Melbournes habit of their tackled players crawling along the ground past the markers to put them offside, they move off the mark nearly every tackle and the ref will give them a dozen or more re-start sets. Can NOT let that happen! We always end up with about 40% possession or less against Melbourne.

Alot less errors our go forward needs to be alot better to start with. Not be passive in defence
Harper has really annoyed me the last 2 weeks... Constantly hogging the ball and causing our sweeping plays to breakbdown.. he did it worse last week, I counted about 5 times when we swept right, tom got the overlap, passed to Harper, he has Saab unmarked and just needs to let the ball go, and instead cuts back inside himself and shuts the whole movement down...
Saab scores in the corner last night if Harper just catches and passes but no, cuts in himself and gets stopped easily..
I'm a big fan of his, he plays his guts out and defence is usually on, but he does have that hog the ball aspect to his game that can really stifle our attack..

Parker didn't do anything wrong tonight, but he just has zero impact.. every time he hits the line he just drops... Can't remember the last time be penetrated and gave opponents somthing to worry about .. compare that to suli the other week... Made a linebreak nearly every time he hit the line... Parker is solid and trys hard but again, he's just an average first grade centre... In my opinion, we have a better chance against the top teams if we had centres with a little more X factor to them...
Personally I'd keep Harper on, but prolly play suli over Parker this week ..
Harper this past month has really dropped his load, don’t know if he’s injured but he doesn’t attack with any thought or purpose lately, he just runs himself into touch sometimes instead of putting Saab down the touch line. I would definitely use suli, if he doesn’t start then bring him off the bench if either centre doesn’t have a dig or even as a interchange for Schuster if he plays as poorly as he has lately. Big Oka has to put his head down too, ****, they all do and not let the ref take us out of the game with bull**** re-starts!! But apart from all that, Go the Eagles. Oh, and give the ball to that big kid, the one with the cape!

The last few weeks we have been playing a lot of unstructured footy. Turbo has been used on inside balls rather than second man plays and the likes of Schuster and Foran and haumole to some degree haven’t been used in the same plays they were up to about 6 weeks ago. In my opinion does has put the structure he wants to use in the finals away for past few months and will unearth it this Friday. At the same time Foran and turbo have a nice variation worked out with Tom back on the inside effectively meaning he can now spring up Anywhere.
Also wouldn’t be surprised if Tom runs a lot of decoys like tony Williams did for snake in the 2011 series.

The last few weeks we have been playing a lot of unstructured footy. Turbo has been used on inside balls rather than second man plays and the likes of Schuster and Foran and haumole to some degree haven’t been used in the same plays they were up to about 6 weeks ago. In my opinion does has put the structure he wants to use in the finals away for past few months and will unearth it this Friday. At the same time Foran and turbo have a nice variation worked out with Tom back on the inside effectively meaning he can now spring up Anywhere.
Also wouldn’t be surprised if Tom runs a lot of decoys like tony Williams did for snake in the 2011 series.
Agreed. I reckon this is spot on.

I'm not, Munster himself on nein said he wouldn't. But I don't trust the shifty little $hit.
The knee looked ordinary on the news, he could play but risks opening it back up, it’s already been reopened and cleaned out due to an infection, it won’t be healed by Friday imo, it’s across the knee cap, if he plays his almost certain to tear open or at least be very uncomfortably slowed down by it.
Probably be a good thing for us if he does play, hard to think he’ll get through the game or be at his best.

I’m having flashbacks to 2007, I think snake still hears bells but surely the refs wouldn’t allow that again, BS. That’s probably the refs game plan, turn a blind eye while they go after Tom.
Games changed since then Ti, to many cameras and a lot more scrutiny. After the Manu incident with Mitchell, the next big illegal hit will be met with a longer stint on the side lines. Tommy is the peoples champion now, lots of opposition supporters love the way he carves up defences. For Melb to try anything dirty on Tom, will be a PR disaster for them.

They’ll spend the week planning on how to shut down Tommy , and throw everything at nullifying him.

Des needs a different plan , he’ll know.

I don’t expect Tom to be a huge factor on Friday.

Defensively, the biggest danger for us will be through the middle. As for the attack, I just hope we start strong, keep them under pressure and make them uncomfortable. Last time we played, when we took the lead in the second half it lasted for all of 30 seconds - a dropped ball from the kickoff hit-up saw them level up straight away. Back to back tries - scoring in clumps - will be the key.

Some interesting stats , our errors it seems are the difference ( and lost us the last game ).

Attachments

• 3FF4C70D-CD9A-461C-91DA-EA9AB2705E30.jpeg
    3FF4C70D-CD9A-461C-91DA-EA9AB2705E30.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 8
Defensively, the biggest danger for us will be through the middle. As for the attack, I just hope we start strong, keep them under pressure and make them uncomfortable. Last time we played, when we took the lead in the second half it lasted for all of 30 seconds - a dropped ball from the kickoff hit-up saw them level up straight away. Back to back tries - scoring in clumps - will be the key.
We gave them ample ball through our many errors that night, Melb feed of this, we keep this to a bare minimum and apply the blowtorch with sustained pressure in attack and defence, it's ours for the taking.

A very interesting discussion on League Tonight with Michael Ennis and James Graham on how Des ambushed Melbourne in a semi final in Melbourne.

Des has 17 versus 15 wins over Bellamy.

Expect the unexpected this weekend.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10