How do Silvertails feel coming into 2023

How do Silvertails fans feel about Manly in 2023

• Total voters
I’m excited and looking forward to 2023.

BUT

We are a front row short of doing anything spectacular.

The kids coming through in the backs are going to be special , so I don’t see this as being our issue.

HOWEVER

Anyone thinking a Front Row of,

Aloai / Croker / Pillowseka

With a backup of , Keppie / Roach / Sipley

Is going to frighten the **** out of any of the top 8 is delusional.

My hope is we will do better than 2023 , win more games , finish a bit higher AND then start to look appealing for some better recruitment at the end of next year.
Ok, so I'm ready for the ridicule and maybe I had 1 too many margaritas with my Mexican tonight here in sunny San Diego but I'm predicting an injury free run for Boyle for 23 and he becomes our forward hard man we're looking for. Ummmmm, he's not injured yet, right??

Ok, so I'm ready for the ridicule and maybe I had 1 too many margaritas with my Mexican tonight here in sunny San Diego but I'm predicting an injury free run for Boyle for 23 and he becomes our forward hard man we're looking for. Ummmmm, he's not injured yet, right??

Dunno if your Mexican friend is injured. Maybe ask him?

But seriously folks

Isn't Boyle injured?

Morgan Boyle (foot)

Morgan is in the early stages of an extensive recovery period following end of season surgery on a fractured foot.

I'm not happy with the way Des was treated last year but I do agree with some that his coaching style had become a bit antiquated. I would have liked to see Des remain and still bring in someone like Flanagan as an assistant for a fresh point of view.

That said it is what it is so approaching the Seibold era with an open mind. Lots of people want to point out his failure at the Broncos but ignore his success at Souths. I'm not sure which way it will go but a repeat of what happened at the Broncos would be the end of his NRL coaching career I would have thought. If the board feel he is the man for the job that's fine, but I like that they've brought Flanagan in as an insurance policy if he isn't. One of the very few smart decisions by the club recently.

Unfortunately, I success rides very much on the availability and effectiveness of Turbo. we're just a different team with him firing. Then again so are NSW. He's that influential. Last year I thought other teams had nullified him to a degree. It will be interesting to see how a new coaching staff utilize him and build plays for and around him.

I think a pass mark this year would be playing finals. It'll likely take a while for the new coaching system to take effect and I believe 2024 will be the season to really judge Seibold. That said if we're playing dismally and sitting at the bottom of the table half way through next year, move him on.

My biggest issue or shroud that covers our club is that players last year said they would change their stance on rainbow jumper, few weeks ago it was never going to happen again but in last few days the new CEO said they would participate but leave it to the NRL to manage.

So, what is it, when is it, and at what point do we go on another losing streak. So are they playing or standing down, if they stand down will the rift within the team resurface.

The above determines our season. If the team isn't on the same page, then we will get same old as what has been served up last year. If they play that game, we will be in the top 8. If they play as a team during the season and we can keep our better player healthy then top 4.

If nothing else, it will be entertaining.

I'm not happy with the way Des was treated last year but I do agree with some that his coaching style had become a bit antiquated. I would have liked to see Des remain and still bring in someone like Flanagan as an assistant for a fresh point of view.

That said it is what it is so approaching the Seibold era with an open mind. Lots of people want to point out his failure at the Broncos but ignore his success at Souths. I'm not sure which way it will go but a repeat of what happened at the Broncos would be the end of his NRL coaching career I would have thought. If the board feel he is the man for the job that's fine, but I like that they've brought Flanagan in as an insurance policy if he isn't. One of the very few smart decisions by the club recently.

Unfortunately, I success rides very much on the availability and effectiveness of Turbo. we're just a different team with him firing. Then again so are NSW. He's that influential. Last year I thought other teams had nullified him to a degree. It will be interesting to see how a new coaching staff utilize him and build plays for and around him.

I think a pass mark this year would be playing finals. It'll likely take a while for the new coaching system to take effect and I believe 2024 will be the season to really judge Seibold. That said if we're playing dismally and sitting at the bottom of the table half way through next year, move him on.
I think the problem with Des was, the assistants were just there to do the warm ups !!

Had Flanagan joined Des wouldn’t have listened.

Seibold isn’t guaranteed to succeed , if he doesn’t would appoint Flanagan.

Des was past it !!

I respect his time with us to 2011, his return was about $$$$ and his style of coaching in now “ in the past”.

Last edited:
I’m excited but not delusional in my expectations. As @Woodsie has eluded to I’m hoping/expecting a much fitter and much more committed forward pack. And a much fitter and better looking coached team overall. Hoping anyway.

But as @Mark from Brisbane has mentioned I’m in his camp of we need astute signings for 24’. Looking forward to seeing J Schuster after a good pre season, and really hoping Gordon Chan Kum Tong takes the big step up! Let’s go, and just quietly how sh!t is off-season?

Giving Des a top shelf assistant like Flanigan would of been a waste of money and time. Des has to run the show, I can't remember Monas having anything much to do, just a bloke who sat next to Des and just agreed a lot. I remember when Paul Green RIP, was talked about being coaching director, in reality it was to keep an eye on what Des was doing. Later it was leaked that Des was dead against it, so in the end this never eventuated.

Saw the boys this morning getting flogged on the sand at Long Reef. I nearly threw up just watching. They will be fit at seasons start if they keep this up.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2