How do I get to Brookvale on Public transport?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bonjour!! *Sorry If I've put this in the wrong section!!

I am coming over from England, obviously to watch some Manly games- (alone) :( and need help with Public transport to Brookie.

Don't get me wrong, it's not my 1st time, just never traveled on Public transport to Manly, or alone.

I will be traveling from Central Sydney as I'm staying at the Park Hyatt hotel.

How do I go about it, do I catch the ferrie over to Manly wharf, or is there a bus I can catch in Central Syd, or from another nearby Station.

Thanks in advance :)

ManlyBull link said:
Bonjour!! *Sorry If I've put this in the wrong section!!

I am coming over from England, obviously to watch some Manly games- (alone) :( and need help with Public transport to Brookie.

Don't get me wrong, it's not my 1st time, just never traveled on Public transport to Manly, or alone.

I will be traveling from Central Sydney as I'm staying at the Park Hyatt hotel.

How do I go about it, do I catch the ferrie over to Manly wharf, or is there a bus I can catch in Central Syd, or from another nearby Station.

Thanks in advance :)
you can get a ferry then a bus, or I think also get a bus all the way from Wynyard.
Try this link...
http://www.131500.info/realtime/default.asp

Or maybe someone will you offer you a lift! Anyhow you might go alone but you won't be alone when you get there!

Manly Bull...
Me and my mates get to all of the games home and away so if you like drop me an email at [email protected] with the dates you will be here and some contact details and I'm happy to help as best I can?
Dependant on when you will be here we have a few road trips planned to Cronulla, Win Stadium etc so if this coincides with you being here then I can help re how to get to some of those?
Everyone is pretty approachable so happy to introduce you to some of the regular posters on this and the MWSE site?
Cheers
Vidmar

Manly Bull.  I live in Newtown and am going to the game on Sunday.  I drive past the Park Hyatt on the way to the Bridge.  You can get a lift with me if you like.  I generally get to Brookie at about 2pm, leaving the city at about 12.45pm.  If you wish to get a bus then an L90 to Palm Beach leaves out the back of the old Menzies Hotel.  But click on Sydney buses and follow the prompts. 

All good  advice given. Park Hyatt is very close to Circular Quay and the Manly Ferry trip is great. At Manly Wharf there are many buses that travel straight up Pittwater Rd to Warringah Mall, Dee Why, Narraweena, Palm Beach etc. Easy to do, though not as direct but you see a great part of Sydney as you travel on the Ferry.

The url below is a trip planner that should help. (Type in Circular Quay and Brookvale Oval - landmark as start and end point.) It will send you by bus from Wynyard - close to Park Hyatt.

http://www.131500.info/realtime/default.asp

(Sorry - someone else has given you this info already!!!)

Thanks to all, you're stars!!  :D
And to though's who PM'd me.

I'm over for rounds 21, 22 and 23

21 is Tigers at SFS, 22 Souths at Brookie and 23 Roosters at SFS
back end of July/August.

Bring it on.

wynyard bus stop is just off george street sydney (easy to find) just take an L90 Bus and hop off at warringah mall and brooky oval is a 10 minute walk ,up the road,thats how i would do it if i was going to take public transport,but as stated before call 131500 or go to 131500.com for public transport info.

chrisos link said:
wynyard bus stop is just off george street sydney (easy to find) just take an L90 Bus and hop off at warringah mall and brooky oval is a 10 minute walk ,up the road,thats how i would do it if i was going to take public transport,but as stated before call 131500 or go to 131500.com for public transport info.

Having not lived in the area since August 1980, is the L90 bus route the same as the old 190 bus route to Palm Beach? If so, then you can get off outside Brookvale Oval.

Jethro it is, but it stops at less stops.

They introduced E and L buses a few years ago (Express and Limited stops)

Getting just 1 bus is the easiest, but I think catching a ferry is a better option, it's more pleasant than being stuck on a bus the whole way.

Otherwise I would take up some of the offers to pick you up, though if DSM picks you up just try not to praise Orford and especially do not say you think he has the best long kicking game, you may not make it to Brookie at all

ManlyBull, you have to take the ferry over - the trip is one of the greatest in the world and shouldn't be missed. Plus you are bound to bump into more supporters that way. Get an early one and walk down the Corso in Manly to the Ocean and back to the harbour for a bus. If you can get a local contact when getting to Manly a quick drive up to North Head (round trip 30 mins including stopping) has some of the best harbour views you will see. Have a great trip over.

ManlyBacker link said:
ManlyBull, you have to take the ferry over - the trip is one of the greatest in the world and shouldn't be missed. Plus you are bound to bump into more supporters that way. Get an early one and walk down the Corso in Manly to the Ocean and back to the harbour for a bus. If you can get a local contact when getting to Manly a quick drive up to North Head (round trip 30 mins including stopping) has some of the best harbour views you will see. Have a great trip over.

You sound like a volunteer

Yea, when I was lookin at pubtrans from the city to brookie I was gonna go the ferry for the enjoyment of that ride.
Then have a beer at a pub at manly, then catch whatever bus goes to near the ground/leagues club.

Itchin' to get back to Brookie sometime, haven't been to any games this year yet!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7