How do I get Baptised?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
This is a serious question guys. I have never been baptised, I wanted to become my nephews godparent but couldnt as my sister and her husband are catholic. They have just had another boy and have asked if I would consider it.

Where do I start. Is there an easybaptise franchise?? Jim's baptisms?

I need help.

I suggest you tell the catholic priest that what he is suggesting is **** ing heresy and if he wants to discuss it with anyone you can give him my number.

The question is, isn't the role of god parent one of nurture in spiritual things? Do you feel you could contribute to the child's life in a meaningful way in the sphere?

Or is it more of a figurehead position? If the latter, why don't you come up with an alternate title. In Australia something like "first mate", "first cobber", "mentor" etc would be far more culturally appropriate - seriously.

Lol I have never been baptised either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godparent

Doug I suggest you read the above. Also I think Andrew is right though "First Cobber" sounds pretty friggin stupid as well as firstmate, does that make the child the captain...haarrr haaarrr me matey.

Yeah, the first two are jokes. But a mentor is probably an appropriate title.

Clon: Have a look at the job description for "god parent" and then ask the following questions:

1. Is this something the parents REALLY want for the child?
2. Are you qualified to fill the job description?

If the answer to either then you would be better off coming up with a title that has meaning rather than some horse **** ceremonial nonsense that has been foisted upon us by a church that has corrupted much of what is good and beautiful about the world and its Creator, supposedly in his name, but in reality to achieve it's own putrid and selfish ends.

You don't get a cracker after your first swim. You've got to wait a while for one of those.

I suggest that you will garner much more respect from the child if you are the unbaptised heathen uncle, rather than the bible bashing baptised godfather.

Well I guess I see me role as a godparent as being responsible for, or at least having the opportunity to care for my nephew should anything happen to his parents.

At the end of the day though it would probably be a title rather than anything else.

What you're describing is more "guardian" and the sort of thing to put in a will. "Godparent" means SFA in a legal sense.

I reckon if you're looking for a title you could come up with something much better and appropriate and meaningful than jumping through a few dumb hoops and making a contribution to the coffers of an irrelevant catholic diaspora.

What you're describing is more \"guardian\" and the sort of thing to put in a will. \"Godparent\" means SFA in a legal sense.

I reckon if you're looking for a title you could come up with something much better and appropriate and meaningful than jumping through a few dumb hoops and making a contribution to the coffers of an irrelevant catholic diaspora.

Not much of a religeous man Matabele. lol

Yeah i have spoken to a few people about it and its rally not my go.

I dont think I am prepared to commit to something I dont believe in when the outcome (actually being a godparent) is of little or no true meaning.

If its any help I am a godparent to a child of Catholic parents, and I'm Jewish!! What the minister doesn't know can't hurt him as far as I'm concerned. So I wouldn't go converting....its just a figurehead thing anyhow.

Same **** different smell anyways....

[quote author=Matabele]
What you're describing is more \"guardian\" and the sort of thing to put in a will. \"Godparent\" means SFA in a legal sense.

Not much of a religeous man Matabele. lol

[/quote]
I'm a follower of Christ so yeah, not religious at all. Christ had the **** s with the organised religion of his day too.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4