How did Wombat miss out?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Look I am usually not one to be critical of an immortal but how was changa langland chosen as fullback of the 1970s over our very own legend Graham Eadie.

Changa's best footy was clearly in the 1960s and his only real achievement that he is remembered for in the 1970s was his white boots in the 1975 grand final and probably playing the worst game of footy of any player of any era in a grand final.

Graham Eadie was the dominant fullback of the era setting point scoring records and playing in 4 premiership winning teams.

It is a joke that he should be overlooked for Changa in this prestigous event. Changa should only be awarded a prize for the only person to go broke runnings a girlie bar in the Phillipines.

Also how did Terry Fahey get the wing spot ahead of Ken Irvine?? Why did Igor miss out as well, he was clearly the most feared player of the time.

It seems unbelievable that Langlands was chosen ahead of Eadie. Eadie dominated the entire 1970's as one of the great fullbacks of all time. Langlands' glory days where the 1960's, I am fairly certain he was in the 1963 Kangaroos that toured Great Britain and won the ashes.

I guess they made allowances for the fact that he is one of the games immortals. As for Terry Fahey, that it is a joke, I know he did play some games for Australia, but not bloody many. I wouldn't have picked Irvine because he too spent his glory days in 60's, that s not to say that I don't think he was not better than Terry Fahey, but poor decision overall.

I also don't think Ron Coote should have been selected in the 2nd row, he was a lock. They weren't picking a SOO team where they just pick the best 13 players. Sureley the criteria shoudl have been to pick the best players in their position.

apparently terry fahey played an origin match 4 hrs after his child was electricuted and died.

not sure what i make of that but trivia all the same.

That is thouroughly disgusting in my opinion.

ALTHOUGH, it would have been a good release. If it were me, I don't care WHAT size I am, I'd kill someone.

electrocuted i meant.

well i thought that at first , however unless u know the full story its hard to judge.

maybe his wife or partner told him to go and play and so on,so i will not judge him on this point.

From memory that accident did get quite a bit of publicity, but Fahey certainly wasn't completely flayed for the decision he made.

BTW the difficulty with naming these sort of sides is that players careers hardly ever fit in a neat decade.

You could argue that Bowie played most of his footy in the 80's or that Artie played his best footy in the 60s.

Max fits in there nicely beating out Edge & Peponis presumably. The Crow & Sludge pick themselves.

I know he's a Manly player but Mal Reilly as lock??? Ray Price would probably have been my pick, but again he straddles the 70s & 80s.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4