How Bob Fulton put the Manly Sea Eagles back together again

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm talking about good younger players wanting to play for him. I just think he's got a somewhat abrasive style and that doesn't mesh with young talent, which is why Barrett was brought in. Head coaching today is more about player management and if your top talent doesn't like you you're done, or a dead man walking like Taylor.

Please don't try to tell me that team was putting in for him. They had a chance to with the season on the line and rolled over.

That's not sticking the knife in, it's just a fact. I'm glad the club has moved on, Tooves looks to be getting there too. More important for him is I hope he finds peace and some chill outside of football because I don't think he was enjoying himself or that it was even good for his physical or mental health. Obviously the situation contributed to that but if that's the case and you can't control it, you need to get out for your own wellbeing.

There was a fair bit of white anting going on in the background causing rifts, many of those players Tooves moved on and was trying to build before being cut down once again by management. Once the team line up settled with only 5 or so injuries they put in to win 8 games in the seconds half of the year, the 3rd best of any team. They put in for a coach they knew would not be there and would not effect their position the following year.

Ok I'll say it seeing as I'm already copping it on another thread.

Tooves couldn't keep the good players he had. How many of the resigned ones did Bozo punt and replace?

You saw everything about what the players thought of putting in for Tooves in that second Parra game at Brookie.

Tooves is a club legend but he had to go for the rebuild to happen.

Deadset, you seem like someone who has a very personal gripe with Tooves.

Most supporters of Tooves have accepted change and are keen to see what the team can do this year you but you seem happy to take opportunities to dig the boot into a little legend who has only done great things for us.

He was admired last year for always sticking up for his players publicly during a really **** year and I'm sure it was only a small group of veterans that had an issue with him.

How much harder would it have been for Bozo to recruit the way he has if Zorba got to keep the likes of Gift and Watmough?

Really gotta feel for Tooves when Zorba and Penn had the power to put unjust destabilising thoughts into the heads of our players. Especially the young impressionable ones.

Tooves ended up in an unenviable position that naturally occurs when something great comes to an end and now we are heading into a new era. Tooves was always a winner with the exception of the Northern Eagles stint and he could have been good enough for the rebuild but a different direction has been chosen. There's no need to dig the boot into a victim that has done amazing things for us.

Last edited:
  • 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Deadset, you seem like someone who has a very personal gripe with Tooves.

Most supporters of Tooves have accepted change and are keen to see what the team can do this year you but you seem happy to take opportunities to dig the boot into a little legend who has only done great things for us.

He was admired last year for always sticking up for his players publicly during a really **** year and I'm sure it was only a small group of veterans that had an issue with him.

How much harder would it have been for Bozo to recruit the way he has if Zorba got to keep the likes of Gift and Watmough? And that carnt, along with Penn, also had the power to put unjust destabilising thoughts into the heads of our players. Especially the young impressionable ones.

Tooves ended up in an unenviable position that naturally occurs when something great comes to an end and now we are heading into a new era. There's no need to dig the boot into a victim that has done amazing things for us.
Penn may be a ****, but he owns the club so he can ultimately do as he pleases. I hardly think by what he paid for for this season, he had no intention to destabilise anything.

I also have nothing against Tooves other than I think his footballing mentality is outdated. People will talk about his results and the GF and whatever but that was the players who at the time, still had the ability. I PERSONALLY think he doesn't have the ability to manage a reduced interchange or say go with two speedy hookers to exploit tiring teams because he's said things like "I don't believe in two hookers". He has done great things for the club but I also think they are in a better position without him coaching. All IMO.

Now if you disagree, fine, you and everyone else here is entitled to their opinions. This isn't a place to perpetually blow smoke up each others arses. We can have differing opinions. It's fine.

Penn may be a ****, but he owns the club so he can ultimately do as he pleases. I hardly think by what he paid for for this season, he had no intention to destabilise anything.

I also have nothing against Tooves other than I think his footballing mentality is outdated. People will talk about his results and the GF and whatever but that was the players who at the time, still had the ability. I PERSONALLY think he doesn't have the ability to manage a reduced interchange or say go with two speedy hookers to exploit tiring teams because he's said things like "I don't believe in two hookers". He has done great things for the club but I also think they are in a better position without him coaching. All IMO.

Now if you disagree, fine, you and everyone else here is entitled to their opinions. This isn't a place to perpetually blow smoke up each others arses. We can have differing opinions. It's fine.

You're entitled to your opinion but when you heap **** on a club legend that was a winner as a player, a winner as a coach and has the club's best interests at heart then you can expect a backlash.

The players that had the ability would have missed the finals in 10 if the Storm didn't get busted. We didn't have a significant injury toll that year with the exception of Snake. There has been many a time when a star studded team has flopped after a good period. Tooves had a big job to do to keep our stars going from 2012 onwards and he did a damn good job. Ultimately, only a horrendous injury toll to an average line up brought him undone. The guy is resilient as **** and knows how to win.

You're entitled to your opinion but when you heap **** on a club legend that was a winner as a player, a winner as a coach and has the club's best interests at heart then you can expect a backlash.

The players that had the ability would have missed the finals in 10 if the Storm didn't get busted. We didn't have a significant injury toll that year with the exception of Snake. There has been many a time when a star studded team has flopped after a good period. Tooves had a big job to do to keep our stars going from 2012 onwards and he did a damn good job. Ultimately, only a horrendous injury toll to an average line up brought him undone. The guy is resilient as **** and knows how to win.
So in other words you can have an opinion except when it goes against popular opinion. I wouldn't go as far as to say you can't hold an opinion that goes against "the club" because that was 99% of people here last year (seeing as Penn owns the club).

Anyway there is a game to get to that I am quite looking forward to because it's 2016 and we have a new era to welcome.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4