Horhay is the best player in the NRL at....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
...giving our forwards a breather by doing the tough hit ups early each set.

He does so much work in this area that it is enough to keep him in the team for as long as he likes. The fact that he knows where the try line is and can really hurt in tackles is just a bonus!

...giving our forwards a breather by doing the tough hit ups early each set.

He does so much work in this area that it is enough to keep him in the team for as long as he likes. The fact that he knows where the try line is and can really hurt in tackles is just a bonus!
Yep he got his head in the wrong spot but that hit that dislodged the ball from Hurell was pretty crucial.

Milking penalties from dropped balls when he takes the first hit up of a set.
Hurrell a close 2nd

Speaking of play the balls - anyone notice about half the Tits players doing the roll through without it even touching their foot? No whistle natch...

Speaking of play the balls - anyone notice about half the Tits players doing the roll through without it even touching their foot? No whistle natch...

Most of our fowards do it to tbh.

I remember the big crackdown on this issue about 6 years ago, and Choc Whatmough was the first to be penalised for it, suprise, suprise.

yea manly was abolutely woeful at that last night

i think i saw about 3 correct play the balls from both sides combined

on another note i wish barrett would tell the marker to stand their ground - too often they start backpedalling as the tackled player stands up, allowing them an extra couple of steps prior to playing the ball, and a resultant bit of extra go forward. no doubt that also impacts the 10m, but that's hard to tell from the tv coverage

....playing the ball.

Am I the only one who's noticed how he makes sure he plays it perfectly every time ?

It's like he's doing an NRL instructional video.:nod:

This has been discussed before, consensus was that he is playing the ball incorrectly, he places the ball on the ground and then gets to his feet, which in theory constitutes a knock on, it should be the other way around, he's supposed to get to his feet and then place the ball on the ground and play it back with his foot, good luck with that one though.

yea manly was abolutely woeful at that last night

i think i saw about 3 correct play the balls from both sides combined

on another note i wish barrett would tell the marker to stand their ground - too often they start backpedalling as the tackled player stands up, allowing them an extra couple of steps prior to playing the ball, and a resultant bit of extra go forward. no doubt that also impacts the 10m, but that's hard to tell from the tv coverage

Please no. We then get penalised for crowding, it's just another excuse for the refs to stitch us up. Happened heaps the last few years and looks like a coached tactic to take those BS penalties out of the refs hands.

You will also find the ref sets the 10* before the player walks forward and cannot retreat last second so there is less advantage.

*10 = 12m back for manly, 8m back for the titans

Please no. We then get penalised for crowding, it's just another excuse for the refs to stitch us up. Happened heaps the last few years and looks like a coached tactic to take those BS penalties out of the refs hands.

You will also find the ref sets the 10* before the player walks forward and cannot retreat last second so there is less advantage.

*10 = 12m back for manly, 8m back for the titans
fair points
nrl ruck rules are just mess

He is lucky he is not playing back in the days when the likes of George Piggins could rake the play the ball

I hope to God we keep Taufua...when he went down injured last night, I realised just how much I value him as a Sea Eagle. I was stressed to the eye balls that he may have done some serious damage to his neck. He is one of the toughest players in the NRL, week in week out.

A true Sea Eagle in the vein of Matai and co.

Also ways Refs can have a one sided influence on a game.

Ping one side for certain aspects and let the other side go.
Remember when they got a hard on for players "not playing the ball on the mark"......... for one frikken game!! They made us go back and play it on the mark about half a dozen times in one game, yet when serial offenders like Inglis did it, they just ignored the fact and played on.. douche bags..

I hope to God we keep Taufua...when he went down injured last night, I realised just how much I value him as a Sea Eagle. I was stressed to the eye balls that he may have done some serious damage to his neck. He is one of the toughest players in the NRL, week in week out.

A true Sea Eagle in the vein of Matai and co.
He has issues with the high ball, but he is such a hard runner of the ball, hits like a truck in defence and can barge over for a try better than anyone.

He has stepped up from last year and is in excellent form. Very important piece to our premiership puzzle.

He has issues with the high ball, but he is such a hard runner of the ball, hits like a truck in defence and can barge over for a try better than anyone.

He has stepped up from last year and is in excellent form. Very important piece to our premiership puzzle.
Jorge seems to have gotten on top of his high ball issues (more or less). I still cringe a little when one gets hoisted his way but he's improved out of sight from the past few years. In fact between Jorge and Uate, our wingers have been going great guns of late. Uate has seen a massive resurgence in form since coming here and Jorge has been pretty good as well. So whilst our defense out wide has improved almost immeasurably since '15/16, our attack out wide has also improved a heap as well.

Which is a good thing, as we are conceding less points out wide and scoring more..

* hopefully this post is not a kiss of death type, which begins a huge loss of form for our wingers!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8