Hoppa Snr (part 268)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
LOL!

Hopoate charged with striking offence, Code of Conduct breaches.

John Hopoate has been hit with a four-match ban and is expected to miss more time, after being charged with three other offences relating to incidents during a match in the Manly District Junior Rugby League competition.

Hopoate – who was playing for the Narraweena Hawks against the Forestville Ferrets – was heard abusing and threatening opposition players on the field.

The former NRL veteran repeatedly swore at players and told them he would “bash them”, before being sent off by the referee.

Hopoate was handed the four-match ban for punching an opponent.

He then stopped momentarily beside the Ferrets bench for another word, before being moved on.

The three other offences have breached the NSWRL’s Code of Conduct, and will be discussed by the NSWRL Conduct Review Panel on Wednesday night, to see determine the correct punishment, if any, for Hopoate.

“I am confident our Conduct Review Panel will deal with the matter appropriately,” NSWRL Chief Executive David Trodden told nswrl.com.au.

“NSWRL will make further comment after the judiciary process has been completed.”

https://www.zerotackle.com/hopoate-charged-with-striking-offence-code-of-conduct-breaches-35029/

Hoppa was one of my favorite players back in the day. He seems like a loose cannon still. But il always have a soft spot for him
Me too. When everyone from our octogenarians down to Harry Smith is prattling on about 'Manly culture' I always think of Hoppa.

Can we dress him up as Suli? When the opposition inevitably come up with a game plan to run at him they’ll get the shock of their lives!
I reckon he’s dead set got something wrong with him upstairs. He can’t be the full quid that bloke. Talk about childish.Fancy sticking your finger up someone’s arse on the field. If I delivered him at birth I would of dead set slapped his mother.

Me too. When everyone from our octogenarians down to Harry Smith is prattling on about 'Manly culture' I always think of Hoppa.
I loved watching him play when he was first graded. His mum would yell out from the stands whenever he touched the ball. He was the best jersey tackler in the comp. the way he would just throw the other winger out was awesome.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6