Hoppa senior in trouble?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
One thing I've been wondering is why on earth would anyone let Hoppa work as a bouncer, especially in the Cross - I mean, he'd have a target on him a mile wide. Drunken idiots would come running for miles just to get a shot at Hoppa. He'd be a magnet for trouble, basically, so why put him and your other employees in that position?

Hoppa should not have been working as a door man without a current and valid security license entitling him to work in that role (which from the media's account, he does not have).
The security company that has the contract for the venue will have plenty to answer for.

Is Dave Milward still involved with providing security for the Sea Eagles?

Interesting that Milward also happens to be Hoppa's boxing trainer in addition to holding the security contract where this sad and most unfortunate incident occurred.

From what i have heard it may turn out that the guy fell backwards and hit his head on the kerb which caused the injury. 

For a bloke who is supposably extremely religious Hoppa seems to get himself in a lot of trouble - obviously doesn't listen to the Sunday sermons very closely

Former Rugby League player John Hopoate has pleaded not guilty to common assault over his alleged role in a brawl which resulted in the death of a man in inner Sydney.

The security guard clashed with members of the media when he appeared at the Downing Centre Local Court this morning.

More @ http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/11/3110344.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

Can anyone tell me what the names of the other half dozen security guards who were involved in this incident....... hmm no thought not.  Leave Hoppa alone, the media are doing a good enough job of crucifying him for something he didn't do, people here do not need to do it also.

I have to say as a long time Manly fan the Hopoate years for me are the worse side of sporting clubs, as we are seeing now with not only him but the other sporting grub Fevola, clubs use these players and protect when if they had there behaviour pulled up years ago ( for there own benefit) then they would be leading more successful lives. I have to say were was Bob Fulton when this train wreck of a human was carrying on like a goose on the field, Fulton did not care he was only interested in winning. The worse part of the footage I saw tonight was William was behind him and looking all smug going into court, time for the club to pull Will into line and state to him he has to stay clear of court and get his head around football. I think it is great he is supporting his father but he can support him without turning up in court. It is 2011 have we got anyone with any balls in this club, pull this lad into line before we have the same problems with him that we let fester with his father, or is winning the only thing we care about?

Chris Jones link said:
I have to say as a long time Manly fan the Hopoate years for me are the worse side of sporting clubs, as we are seeing now with not only him but the other sporting grub Fevola, clubs use these players and protect when if they had there behaviour pulled up years ago ( for there own benefit) then they would be leading more successful lives. I have to say were was Bob Fulton when this train wreck of a human was carrying on like a goose on the field, Fulton did not care he was only interested in winning. The worse part of the footage I saw tonight was William was behind him and looking all smug going into court, time for the club to pull Will into line and state to him he has to stay clear of court and get his head around football. I think it is great he is supporting his father but he can support him without turning up in court. It is 2011 have we got anyone with any balls in this club, pull this lad into line before we have the same problems with him that we let fester with his father, or is winning the only thing we care about?

Is this a troll? Will has nothing to do with this and i support him to support his father,John has went as far as threaten him with a massive ass kicking if he follows his dads footsteps

You are about as dumb as the idea that Glenn Stewart shouldnt have been there for his brother Brett on his charges,its not going to happen

What a troll because I don't agree with you? Pull your head in this is a forum and I have an opinion. If you get your head out of your ass maybe you would understand the point I was making, then again turning on a computer is probaly a strain for you

I'd like to slap the chan 9 news reporter that did the story on him tonight. Stupid bitch shoving the mic in his face and walking next to him pissing him off then having the nerve to say for the world to hear "why did you shove me" when he pushed her arm away.

An then accusing will of trying to trip her over when she walked across in front of him cutting him off.

The media are scum.
So sick of all these half assed media hacks trying to make a name for themselves.

Chris Jones, mate as a fellow manly supporter i know every one on this site has a right to post his opinion , but to condemn and rubbish Hoppa with out giving him the opportunity to prove his innocence in court is gutter tacticts, As far as having a go at the greatest eagle of all Bob Fulton and blaming him for Hoppas actions , Bozo also nurtured a player called steven menzies and menzies turned out to be the games no1 role model.
Go the Sea Eagles!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Jones link said:

Whether his father has done wrong or right ( innocent until proven guilty- heard of it?), his son has a right to show up in court and support him - footballer or not.

Pablo link said:
I'd like to slap the chan 9 news reporter that did the story on him tonight. Stupid bitch shoving the mic in his face and walking next to him pissing him off then having the nerve to say for the world to hear \"why did you shove me\" when he pushed her arm away.

An then accusing will of trying to trip her over when she walked across in front of him cutting him off.

The media are scum.
So sick of all these half assed media hacks trying to make a name for themselves.

Id like to see her in the obituaries

MissKate link said:
Can anyone tell me what the names of the other half dozen security guards who were involved in this incident....... hmm no thought not.  Leave Hoppa alone, the media are doing a good enough job of crucifying him for something he didn't do, people here do not need to do it also.
Kate, pretty simple answer to your question re naming the other people involved. You see, John was allegedly the only one not licensed to work as a security guard, which is why the charges of assault occasioning actual bodily harm have been pressed. This is in addition to his affray charge.
Even more concerning, as I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, there is the connection of the Sea Eagles utilising the services of the same security company that allegedly employed Hoppa without a valid security license. The owner of the security firm has been reported be John's boxing trainer. So you can see a little web forming.
In any case, it's the job of the security firm to ensure full licensing compliance. They are no doubt in serious poop too.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6