Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

Just heard on the radio Des has confirmed Hoopa will resume with the Eels. Good luck to Hoppa Jnr, although not to the Eels. Not a good investment from their point of view. 2 years is a very very long time in the NRL.

Yeah just heard over $800k a season. I can't blame the kid for chasing the $$$ (not going to bag him about it), you only have a short time in this sport so I cannot begrudge him in looking after his own interest. If any of us were in the same situation and lucky enough to play the greatest game in the world we would be doing the same thing rest assured.

I am gutted because of what I have seen of this the kid thus far he has immense talent. I would have preferred if he go to someone like Penrith or the Warriors but not the slime. In saying that the NEW CEO and the board have to make a priority of ensuring the long term future of Des and Crusher, all petty squabbles need to be set aside. These two guys + Tooves are the only three people I trust to manage our club and to ensure we keep a winning culture. ****e we might even do a swap with the slime, they get Hoppa Snr we get Peter Sharp.

I also am gutted because I can't help but feel that as a fan we were played, I would have preferred upfront honesty but I guess that is this era of post super league the sport is dictated by a muppet that runs a news empire and has his gutter journalist hack phones to grab a scope of a story.

I am also gutted for the fact that I don't believe this to be Wil's decision on his own. I ask what role did the Mormon church have in deciding what club he would be going to.

Well I'm gutted. He could have been a freak if he stayed with us. Two years out of the game doesn't worry me at all. Snake hasn't gone too badly after not playing for 2 years and Hoppa has no injuries to worry about.

The money being talked about is ridiculous and it sounds like the Eels are already spending salary cap money they don't have yet and are banking on the increase coming from the next TV rights.

I've got no doubts Will is doing it for the money but not for himself, for his family and its tough to criticise him for that. That being said, he wasn't going to be playing for peanuts here and he should have spoken with some club legends about how important it is to them to have played at Manly their entire careers, and just as important spoken to some of those who left and regret it.

I just hope it doesn't mean we lose the rest of the Hoppa clan. Jamil is also a huge talent.

Masked Eagle said:
Well I'm gutted. He could have been a freak if he stayed with us. Two years out of the game doesn't worry me at all. Snake hasn't gone too badly after not playing for 2 years and Hoppa has no injuries to worry about.

The money being talked about is ridiculous and it sounds like the Eels are already spending salary cap money they don't have yet and are banking on the increase coming from the next TV rights.

I've got no doubts Will is doing it for the money but not for himself, for his family and its tough to criticise him for that. That being said, he wasn't going to be playing for peanuts here and he should have spoken with some club legends about how important it is to them to have played at Manly their entire careers, and just as important spoken to some of those who left and regret it.

I just hope it doesn't mean we lose the rest of the Hoppa clan. Jamil is also a huge talent.

I hope that is the end of Hoppa family and Manly. Most ungrateful group of scabs I have seen. We gave them so much when no-one else wanted John and if you count the money we have already paid to Will to get him to this point 800k is peanuts. Him and his family can get stuffed and to let it out a day after our GF celbrations to piss on our parade piss off good riddance. Join Brett Kimmorley and Sonny Bill in the money grabbers hall of shame.

Here is what i hope.

Hoppa comes back, needs a season or so to get back to his best, takes parra along for the ride.

2016, returns to manly, assuming we have room, cause if des and cleal hang around, im sure they will find many young talents, and i wouldn't expect a young talent to step aside for a guy who left for 4 yrs.

What a sly liar. Makes me sick to my stomach to see him in Manly gear wearing a prem ring. To think we just won him a premiership I wish wolfman played and he was dropped for the GF.
SCABOATE

Its actually not about me being worried about losing him its the way all this has played out 2 days after our GF victory and bastards trying to ruin our great Victory.

You will be history Will. Now get out of our club and the papers. Im sick of the sight of you.

He obviously went to the Dogkinson school of 'tell everyone you're staying then leave'.

bones said:
He obviously went to the Dogkinson school of 'tell everyone you're staying then leave'.

Same class i think Bones.

conanu said:
Masked Eagle said:

I hope that is the end of Hoppa family and Manly. Most ungrateful group of scabs I have seen. We gave them so much when no-one else wanted John and if you count the money we have already paid to Will to get him to this point 800k is peanuts. Him and his family can get stuffed and to let it out a day after our GF celbrations to piss on our parade piss off good riddance. Join Brett Kimmorley and Sonny Bill in the money grabbers hall of shame.

Gee he is only a kid and has to look after his family. It is only a game ffs. I suspect he will end up back at Manly one day anyway.

at the grand final lap of honor, some kids who were about Wills age yelled out to him calling him Judas.

I told them to ease it and pull their heads in. they just laughed and called him that again.

Garts said:
conanu said:
Masked Eagle said:

Gee he is only a kid and has to look after his family. It is only a game ffs. I suspect he will end up back at Manly one day anyway.

Garts he might be only a kid but i look at it like this.

We have guided his career since he was a child and payed over the odds for him as a kid before he was a first grader to keep him. All these storys about poor old John Hopoate and his 30 kids and we helped them.
His father got a massive leg up off us when no-one else including Parra would pay him tuppence.

The first opportunity he gets in First Grade and he signs for another club and tells lies about wanting to stay.

2 DAYS AFTER OUR GRAND FINAL TO PISS ON OUR PARADE AND GIVE THE EELS AND THE OTHER HATERS SOMETHING TO GLOAT ABOUT.

Could he not have waited till he got back from being a door to door salesman for the Joseph Smith cult before he decided to tell anyone he was leaving by that time we would have forgotten about him.

This whole thing stinks of John Hoppa SNR and Tyran Smith and I for one want nothing more to do with the Hopoate family they keep letting us down big style and for me that is the end of it.

I dont go for the feeding the family garbage anymore it is purely greed that drives this mob full stop.

the fact that john has a job out of this means he was organizing but makes will seem like a liar and 2 faced
johns coaching role will be in name only, he has no training whatsoever apart from beating patrons up in niteclubs and fingering players
who is going to listen to him?> no one
poor will you should of listened to people who helped your career ie everyone at manly not people who have been nothing but a bad influence on you ie your dad

• 👍
Reactions: Rex

Danny Weidler misunderstood the information he was given.

1.7 million over the next 4 years for 2 Hopoates.

Also @amber, just ignore me then.

I am here giving information to those who DO want to know what I have to share. I am being polite.

Darwin Eel said:
Danny Weidler misunderstood the information he was given.

1.7 million over the next 4 years for 2 Hopoates.

Also @amber, just ignore me then.

I am here giving information to those who DO want to know what I have to share. I am being polite.

Mate considering John isnt a coaches arsehole and the other Hoppa is about 9 years old you are paying 1.7 million for Will and thats it. Stop kidding yourself you might fool Schubert but not us. And by the way no-one wants to know your polite information anyway.

IF this is all true then you cant blame him for taking the money. What must be said is that it is very disappointing that he had to lie about coming back to play with his brothers at Manly. Is lying ok in the Mormon religion I would have thought not. Oh well considering the paternal example, another Hopoate fiasco is hardly unexpected.
Good luck Hoppa Jnr but I am afraid you have consigned your career to the toilet with that failure of a club. Parra the destroyer of footballers.

He is but a player, a good one but a player. Get over it, we will see others.

We have to keep our halves and the rest will work out.

Stop getting upset about whats happening in 2014. We have two premierships to win between now and then.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8