Hoppa - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Hoppa to Parra!!!

conanu said:
Hoppa is a great player but highly over-rated at this stage of his career much like DCE i hope DCE kicks on in his second season but there is a good chance he will struggle.

What rubbish.
DCE is the next Joey Johns. He can do everything, and will be playing for Queensland and Australia next season.
The downside for us is that he'll now be one of the first picked in representative teams that we'll be without his services for several matches.
Also, he'll have clubs like Parra and Dogs offering bucket loads of cash to break his contract.

Darwin Eel said:
OK I have come back to post something I just read on Jarryd Haynes twitter that you guys might find interesting.

jarrydhayne_1 jarryd hayne
Let's hope the media Havnt jumped the gun with @whopoate.
2 hours ago

Could this mean it's not official yet?

Just thought I would share it with you guys.

It is amazing how the emotion of premiership celebrations often tend to sway someones opinion/decision.

Nothing in any of these articles is official, no comment from either club, his manager or will himself.

It may be true, but lets wait till someone announces it before all going off.

MadMarcus said:
conanu said:
MadMarcus said:
conanu said:
I think this is Telegraphs way of pissing on our Parade putting this on back page and Brett Stewart on the front about the Gallop crap.

This.

Did I spell something wrong?

I don't think so - I just mean I agree with you 100% mate!!

Thanks Champ

The Who said:
conanu said:
Hoppa is a great player but highly over-rated at this stage of his career much like DCE i hope DCE kicks on in his second season but there is a good chance he will struggle.

What rubbish.
DCE is the next Joey Johns. He can do everything, and will be playing for Queensland and Australia next season.
The downside for us is that he'll now be one of the first picked in representative teams that we'll be without his services for several matches.
Also, he'll have clubs like Parra and Dogs offering bucket loads of cash to break his contract.

I know DCE is brilliant so dont worry "The Who" I am trying the reverse "Mokka" talking him down so he kills it.
I am not as confident about Will Hoppa though having dodgy hammy's in your rookie year cant be good and besides. If you asked anyone to choose between "Hoppa" or "Des" everyone would say keep Dessy.

I think DCE will avoid the dreaded second year the syndrome. The reason being is he isn't a one trick pony. So many players who burst onto the scene suffer in the second year because opposition teams sort them out because they are usually only really good at one thing (yet to figure out what that one thing was with Daniel Mortimer). DCE has shown he can play the game multiple ways and won't be so easily shut down. I've got no worries with him dealing with the added pressure next year.

As for Hoppa, if he is coached right he'll be a freak no matter what club he's at. Problem for him though is that the Eels trackrecord at development isn't much.

Another thing with Hoppa, if he does go and his old man is also working for the Eels. Does that then put them in the box seat at getting the other 28 kids in his clan?

Moondog said:
OneEyedEagle said:
EagleRock40 said:
OneEyedEagle said:
It will be interesting to see what Des and Crusher have in the making... I'm gutted like everyone else but have enough trust in Des and Crusher to unearth some new exciting talent to replace Hoppa at a fraction of the slimes $500k offer.

Just hope Hoppa won't be led astray by Hayne coming out of night clubs late at night and being shot at. Hoppa Snr could work as security.

Pretty sure Crusher signed a young kid 16 or 17 from North Qld earlier this year.

I don't know if it it’s the same thing ER40 but I do remember (not the year it was announced) about Manly signing a young 16 or 17 year aboriginal player. He won't be coming to Manly till after the Olympics.
His names Joshua Robinson still 15 or 16 I think, he's from Toowoomba and is reputed to be a flyer, plays fullback.

Toowoomba speed machine Joshua Robinson won an extraordinary five gold medals in the national junior championships at Homebush last week in the 100m, 200m, 400m, 4x100m and 4x400m.
His time of 49.41sec in the 400m is "absolutely outstanding" according to colleague and athletics guru Mike Hurst.

"To win five gold medals at this level is just freakish," Hurst said.

Manly's recruitment boss Noel "Crusher" Cleal signed the Aboriginal flyer after watching him run at Homebush. It followed a recommendation from the Sea Eagles' Queensland-based talent scout Graham Champnee.

The Broncos, Titans and Cowboys were desperately trying to sign the brilliant young fullback, who has a striking resemblance to a young Greg Inglis.
Robinson plays rugby league for his school, club at representative level and was also selected in the Queensland under-14 merit team.

"You've got to grab a kid like this at 15 or other clubs will beat you to it," Cleal told The Sunday Telegraph.

"We're not going to rush him or put any pressure on him to make a choice between his sports. He'll come down to train with our NRL squad in June to get a feel of the club.

"We understand his immediate goal is to go to the world junior championships in London next year and we're happy to support him."

Robinson said he chose Manly ahead of their NRL rivals because the club was so relaxed about him continuing his dream of running at an Olympic Games.

"I want to qualify for the world youths next year and at the moment it looks like I'll get there with the times I'm doing," he said.

"I play club and rep league in Toowoomba at the moment, but I'm thinking about having a year off next year to concentrate on running.

"At the moment, athletics is number one.

"I'd love to make the Olympics and then see what happens. I could play in the NRL after that.

"I signed with Manly because they were happy for me to do athletics over league at this stage of my life.

"Melinda Gainsford-Taylor being on the Manly board helped, too. She'll be an inspiration to me."

Robinson signed a three-year deal with the Sea Eagles and is considering moving to Sydney to go to school on the northern beaches next year.

He is also a beautifully polite youngster, who insisted on thanking those who have helped him in sport.

"Before you go, do you mind mentioning a few people in the story," he asked. "My parents, Graham Champnee [the talent scout] for helping with my signing and my coach, Neil McCoy. And Crusher for going over to Homebush to watch and support me. I'd like to thank them all."

wow, what a polite and intelligent individual. I'll be supporting him at the Olympics. Go for gold Robinson!!!

Ceagle said:
Foran didn't suffer from 2nd year syndrome, why will DCE?

Yes he did, his play in 2010 was below the level that we saw in 09. I wouldn't be shocked if DCE has a slight drop off next year, it's to be expected.

Foz was a gun in 2010, his second half season performances were a little down after he was injured though.

He only made a couple of cameo performance in 09 but he was a much better player in 10 then 09.

I could be wrong but i think this is the 1st sign that Dessie wont be with us after 2012..
I`m sure if des was staying at manly ,Hoppa would have been back with us..
I hope i`m wrong i could be wrong , I fukn wish i`m wrong..
But that how im reading into it..

jjai said:
I could be wrong but i think this is the 1st sign that Dessie wont be with us after 2012..

Your going nuts. Parra offered him $500,000 a year. Just think about that.

jjai said:

I think you're wrong

Volley said:
jjai said:

I think you're wrong

I think jjai's been hitting the GI cordial too hard.

Do they still sell that stuff? I drank so much of it on my 4th birthday party way back in 1965, I swear I was cheesing down green nard!

Thought I'd share that with everyone.

Good luck will and thanks buddy make sure you set yourself up for life. You will always be remembered as a manly premiership player.

Parra are a joke nothing against will he's been outstanding this year but what a irresponsible signing to offer someone a contract over 1 millions dollars after the go 2 years without a game. They are joke. I sincerely hope will does make it back to this years form but will laugh at those turds if he doesn't.

MadMarcus said:
conanu said:
MadMarcus said:
conanu said:
I think this is Telegraphs way of pissing on our Parade putting this on back page and Brett Stewart on the front about the Gallop crap.
This.

Did I spell something wrong?

I don't think so - I just mean I agree with you 100% mate!!
I read somewhere that apparently Hayne said on twitter,gee, I hope Parra haven't jumped the gun again,anyway,it,ll be awkward for him at the awards night Friday night,unless he does a no show,thought he would have waited till after this to announce it. At the end of the day,his word means nothing,thats something he is going to have to live with.

I'm not gonna miss him. We got through half of this year without him and we would have had to get through the next 2 years without him anyway. He is not worth the money the other clubs want to pay and I think his career has already peaked now as i don't see him improving at Parra after a long sabbatical or whatever. So Will enjoy your mission because you just got bought by the career cemetery that is Parramatta. I Hope at the end of your career you look back and think it was worth it. Remember your Dad chased the Money at West Tigers all those years ago and ended up the greatest worldwide embarrassment Rugby League has ever produced with "Finger-gate". After that he realised that money wasn't everything and we allowed him back when no-one else wanted him and we gave him a life again and to a lesser extent we helped you also as your Dad would not have been able to support you and your family. I hope this isnt true Will because if it is you will not get any thanks from me as I believe as a club we have given you and your family more than enough when all these other clubs didnt care. What we did for your family and your Dad was not an act of loyalty but an act of charity because his career like Todd Carney's currently was finished, difference is Carney could win a premiership for a club whereas your Dad at the time wouldnt have even though he was a strong and powerful player. I hope you consider this when you sign or signed this contract.

Thanks for that moondog, that’s the kid I was thinking of.

If crusher is right I won't lose any sleep about Hoppa going to the slime.

Just saw the Hoppa Snr on 10 news and I can't believe the fake act in denying he didn't know about the move, what a peanut brain.

Wil, For such a religious person I thought the first thing you are taught is not to lie, the biggest sham of all time played out on the Sea Eagle loyalist fans. I wonder how much of a say did the Mormon church have in his decision when you have to fork out 35% of your salary to be a member of their cult.

We are a premier winning championship side, players come and go, we will still go back to back next year and win another 3 or more titles within the next 8 years providing Des and Crusher remain.

Good luck Hoppa thanks for your hand in our premiership, Will love to see how Parra go with their new halfback next year and you there in 2014. 2 Years is a long time and i hope we find a suitable replacement to cover the massive loss.

I hold no bad feelings, players only get so long to earn good money as a player so if a good offer comes along how can anyone blame them for taking it? You may get the odd club loyalist these days but i would say 99% of players don't really care about loyalty and i don't blame them.

If someone head hunted me to do the same job i do now at 500k i would not even think twice LOL

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8