Hoppa for nsw jumper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

c eagle

Reserve Grader
How many of you believe hoppa is ready for state of origin footy, i for one do not think hes up to it just yet and could be damaging to his confidence if things didn't work out, in saying this he is for sure some thing to watch for the future, i just think his talk and positional play need more time in an 1st grade environment before putting him on the big stage.

Not yet for me, only a handful of NRL games, you dont want him crucified under the pressure of Origin

If he was a Queenslander then sure. No way anyone would trust a kid's confidence to the clowns masquerading as the NSW selectors though.

He'd just be made the scapegoat for anything that went wrong & then unjustly dumped from the side. Maybe in a season or two he'll be ready for SoO, hard to predict how these things pan out.

Yeah, I wouldn't. Not because he couldn't handle it, but because when we lose he will get some of the blame and never play again. Better to wait and play 20 SOO games then jump early and play 1.

I agree with everyone's belief's that he is no doubt ready and capable. If he were a cane toad he would get a start this year.
However, I am apprehensive of seeing him become the new rookie to debut, just to become this years scapegoat player. We saw guys like Farah, Wallace, Mullen, Idris, Campese, Mcmanus, Gordon etc play a great game of footy the week before team selections only to become the 'reason' we lost.. None of those guys have had a fair go since for various reasons, time will tell with Gordon and Idris, but lets hope young Hoppa doesn't finish his career with the same amount of origin appearances as Steve 'genuine scapegoat and speedbump' Turner..

I would happily watch him play if he was already signed to the club on a new long term deal. Would hate to see him head into an Origin game and just add a few zeroes onto his price.

I dont fear failure by him - he is a special talent and I think he would hold his own. To me, the faster he gets exposure to the highest level of the game the faster his progression to the next level will begin. Having said that I dont think they will pick him without major injuries cause selectors are conservative. But I am certainly not wishing that they dont.

The kids a star.. let him play. He wont learn much watching on tele.

Not ready for Origin and unfair on him to cop any blame which the NSW idiots have always been quick to do. He will get his chance one day and maybe as early as next year.

Not ready for it, you only have to see what happened to the Wolfman a couple of seasons ago, failed badly and hasn't had a good game since

Peter C said:
Not ready for it, you only have to see what happened to the Wolfman a couple of seasons ago, failed badly and hasn't had a good game since

Gee thats a bit harsh, he was down on form for a while after SoO but he has impressed when on the pitch since.

Still, I can see it being disaster if Hoppa gets picked. Would do his confidence no good to get scapegoat'd by Daley & co.

Wolfpack said:
Peter C said:

Gee thats a bit harsh, he was down on form for a while after SoO but he has impressed when on the pitch since.

Still, I can see it being disaster if Hoppa gets picked. Would do his confidence no good to get scapegoat'd by Daley & co.

Too young - would get smashed. Best 18 year old in the game but don't throw him to the lions. He will play SOO. He will be a DM winner - but not this year.

Forget age. Hoppa, like Inglis and Falou, is much more likely to be the smasher than the smashee.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6