Hopoate Just Keeps Giving

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Former Manly Sea Eagles star John Hopoate faces court on multiple driving charges
Jim O’Rourke, Manly Daily
November 28, 2018 3:19pm
Former Manly NRL star John Hopoate was arrested for driving on a suspended licence on Tuesday — a day before he was due to front court on two previous charges of driving while suspended.

Hopoate, 45, of Dee Why, was in Manly Local Court on Wednesday to answer charges that earlier this year he drove a truck and a four-wheel-drive vehicle after his licence had been taken away from him.

115d83bb85ffa07ce79ce8040409221f

John Hopoate, during the Manly vs Newcastle match at the Legends of League Tournament at Central Coast Stadium earlier this month. Picture: Tim Hunter.
But the court was told that Highway Patrol officers allegedly caught Hopoate behind the wheel of the same truck about 1pm on Tuesday.

Documents tendered to court state that he was seen driving a Daihatsu truck on Patanga Rd, Frenchs Forest.

On September 6, at about 1.15pm, Hopoate was charged after he was allegedly seen by police driving the same Daihatsu along Frenchs Forest Rd East at Frenchs Forest.

Then on November 1, at 2.30pm the ex-footballer was charged with driving while his licence was suspended after he was allegedly seen behind the wheel of a Holden Rodeo 4WD on Ellis Rd at Beacon Hill.

Hopoate has yet to enter a plea to any of the three charges.

The matter was adjourned for plea or mention to Manly Local Court on December 12.

This is a serious offence and, with his appalling record, he should be sent to jail.
I'm not talking about sticking his finger where it doesn't belong; that's a sideshow.
He has multiple assaults against him. There should be no leniency this time.

This is a serious offence and, with his appalling record, he should be sent to jail.
I'm not talking about sticking his finger where it doesn't belong; that's a sideshow.
He has multiple assaults against him. There should be no leniency this time.
He's shown contempt for the law regarding driving, I'm guessing 3-6 months jail and 3-5 years loss of licence .

Yeah, he is going to end up in prison the rate he is going.

Continuously driving while suspended is actually a prison worthy offence.

Just makes me respect Will and Albert more each time that they have turned out such nice kids with John as their dad.

Yeah, he is going to end up in prison the rate he is going.

Continuously driving while suspended is actually a prison worthy offence.

Just makes me respect Will and Albert more each time that they have turned out such nice kids with John as their dad.
Sometimes negative examples produce positive outcomes. They have seen these things first hand and the damage they can do and think that's not what I should be doing. In my experience kids that had sheltered lives and good upbringings tend to stupid things without thinking about the consequences. Until they learn themselves

Won't somebody think of the children?

But seriously the guy needs to learn a lesson.

What was it he said after that latest incident that got him banned for 10 years from rugby league?

"So I'm an idiot - it's the story of my life".

Maybe he needs to realise that he needs to start taking responsibility for his actions instead of just laughing it off.

What was it he said after that latest incident that got him banned for 10 years from rugby league?

"So I'm an idiot - it's the story of my life".

Maybe he needs to realise that he needs to start taking responsibility for his actions instead of just laughing it off.

Add to that, others need to stop rewarding the guy for consistent appaling behaviour. He should have never played in those legends matches, I personally think it tarnished the Manly name with this idiot appearing to represent the club. Cut him loose.

Up to his old tricks again i see according to that picture earlier this month.

At least he uses a glove these days though. Never know what you might catch up there huh? LoLz

John Hopoate has always been a stain on the Manly brand. He is a thug, a bully and ultimately just an idiot. If this offends anyone....I really don't care.

At some point Hopoate, and others, just need to stop making excuses for him and realize that he is a just a tosser. He tries to intimidate people at every opportunity, and has constantly flaunted the rules.

The fact he tried to make out with his finger up the bum episode in the Legends match was to 'raise the profile of prostate issues' shows what a deluded tool he is.

Manly need to wipe their hands of this idiot.

Everyone makes mistakes.

But there is a difference between the odd error in judgement and consistent disrespect for others and the law.

He obviously has no thought for the effect this has on his children.

The guy needs to do time. No more chances.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8