Hookers - Where does Monnas fit in?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Brisbane - Michael Ennis
Melbourne - Cameron Smith
Parramatta - Mark Riddell
Canberra - Lincoln Withers
Newcastle - Danny Buderus
Panthers - Luke Priddis
Tigers - Robbie Farrah
Dragons - Simon Woolford
Nth QLD - Aaron Payne
Titans - Nathan Friend
Manly - Michael Monaghan
Souths - Stewart Webb
Roosters - Craig Wing
Sharks - Kevin Kingston
Bulldogs - Corey Hughes
Warriors - Nathan Fien

I reckon it would be a tough one to judge. Which of the above would Monaghan get a gig in front of:-

Kevin Kingston
Stewart Webb
Lincoln Withers

for mine.

That said, I rate the guy as a Hooker. He's a solid player. Like Williamson (I'm not being sarcastic here). But not game breaking.

I guess the question I'm asking you, is that would Des Hasler have the balls to have Ballin / Burns rotation, with a $240kp.a. player in Premier League?

In truth, I'd like Ballin / Dunley with Burns staying at 5/8....

Having a Hooker who is maybe 13th best in my opinion on the cash he's on, isn't the best thing for Manly as a whole. Those funds could have maybe swayed Creagh, Simpson & co. to our shores, and we'd still be solid with Ballin / Dunley / Burns able to play Hooker.

Thoughts?

While no huge Monaghan fan I would have him ahead of Kevin Kingston Stewart Webb Simon Woolford Corey Hughes (hands down) and Michael Ennis.
I don't mind Lincoln Withers he did a pretty decent job in Canberra last year.

That said, I rate the guy as a Hooker. He's a solid player. Like Williamson (I'm not being sarcastic here). But not game breaking.

I guess the question I'm asking you, is that would Des Hasler have the balls to have Ballin / Burns rotation, with a $240kp.a. player in Premier League?

Having a Hooker who is maybe 13th best in my opinion on the cash he's on, isn't the best thing for Manly as a whole. Those funds could have maybe swayed Creagh, Simpson & co. to our shores, and we'd still be solid with Ballin / Dunley / Burns able to play Hooker.

Thoughts?

He is on too much but we cant dwell on that, the deal has been done. No point even discussing what might have been!!!!

No way would I have Dunley ahead of Monas, all he offers is a couple of nippy scoots gaining 10 mtres with 20 cross field runs, 2 brain explosions and 5 penalties per game thrown in as extras.

Even if we didnt have Monas I dont think I would want Dunley in the team, hopefully Ballin could play 80 or interchange him with Burns.

[quote author=Ryan]

Thoughts?

He is on too much but we cant dwell on that, the deal has been done. No point even discussing what might have been!!!!

No way would I have Dunley ahead of Monas, all he offers is a couple of nippy scoots gaining 10 mtres with 20 cross field runs, 2 brain explosions and 5 penalties per game thrown in as extras.

Even if we didnt have Monas I dont think I would want Dunley in the team, hopefully Ballin could play 80 or interchange him with Burns.

[/quote]

Mate - everyone says that, but I think Dunley offers a hell of a lot of spark in attack. He adds the explosion factor that I don't think Monnas has.

Don't get me wrong though - and I repeat - Monnas is a decent solid Hooker, and like Gould said though, is he the hooker to have to take us to a Premiership. You think back to Brisbane versus Melbourne and you have Cameron Smith vs. Shaun Berrigan, to explosive Hookers that control their teams games.

Mate - everyone says that, but I think Dunley offers a hell of a lot of spark in attack. He adds the explosion factor that I don't think Monnas has.

Dunley does offer spark in attack and does add an explosion factor. Problem is that they can be brain explosions.

I view Dunley best assett as his assertiveness in games which can motivate others around him. Sadly, its not only his enthusiasm that rubs off on others. His brain explosions do also and i saw a number of times last year during a match when his brain explosions caused heads to drop.

All the pluses and minuses add up to Dunley making way for other younger talent to come on to the bench.

Dunley does do some good things on the field for us however when he comes on our structure and defence suffers. His 2 to 3 good dummy half runs are not worth it imo.

Hopefully Dunley gets to know Tooves better this season, his brain explosions wont be as costly in PL.

you could tell when dunners came on last year, our defence and attack went to ****. like it or not monas was better at getting orford the ball and shat all over dunners in defence. His long range kicking is also an asset which, if matas forecast is correct, will play a huge role in the wet games perdicted.

as for you list monas would be smack bang in the middle, definatly not in the top tier and definatly not the worst running around.

i hope he gets a go and shows his value when he does. I have seen a fair bit of him in PL and he definatly looks the goods.

Is Jamie a nickname for Ballin or are you referring to someone else?

sorry fluffy
i meant matty.

just got a little bit excited about another new first grader by the name of Jamie.

By all reports Ballin is going great and with Monaghan and Dunley we are pretty well served in the 9 jumper.Having said that Ballin is the future for us so we need him to fire.he is a true hooker,not a utility player and that sort of organisational player who feeds the playmakers is what we deperately need.

Having said that Ballin is the future for us so we need him to fire.he is a true hooker,not a utility player and that sort of organisational player who feeds the playmakers is what we deperately need.

This much was flaming obvious in the trials last year so I'm buggered as to why he has languishing in Premier League behind the failed half back from Canberra and the angry expectorator.

Don't tell me it was good for his development to be third behind those clowns. It may have cost us a Premiership.

Do you guys know if Ballin is an 80 minute Hooker, or does he get a spell occassionally?

Ballin did get a spell in P/L but he was rated by the club as the fittest plater in the NRL squad so 80 minutes shouldn't be an issue

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4