Hooker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly's last 2 premiership sides featured a number 9 who was a tremendous player but definitely no Dynamic X-Factor out of dummy half. Fyi as starting hooker Croker scores tries at twice the rate Ballin did. Not that being a dynamic X-factor is that relevant in my opinion. Definitely it helps to have some in your team but they don't always have to be the 9.
Ballin had a very important skill that Croker does not - good service from dummy half, our forwards looked miles better when running onto the ball from Ballin, compared to Monaghan before him, because his service from dummy half was quick and spot on.

Ballin is the best hooker we have had in our squad in the past 20 years. The only others who have come close are Fainu and Parcell - in terms of their ability to lift the whole forward pack by using the ball well.

Croker is a fantastic defender, which he and Ballin have in common, but he's not in the same league as Ballin at all when it comes to what you need from your hooker with the ball in hand.

Ballin had a very important skill that Croker does not - good service from dummy half, our forwards looked miles better when running onto the ball from Ballin, compared to Monaghan before him, because his service from dummy half was quick and spot on.

Ballin is the best hooker we have had in our squad in the past 20 years. The only others who have come close are Fainu and Parcell - in terms of their ability to lift the whole forward pack by using the ball well.

Croker is a fantastic defender, which he and Ballin have in common, but he's not in the same league as Ballin at all when it comes to what you need from your hooker with the ball in hand.
Surely Api was better than Ballin?

If our side was anywhere as fit as Ballin was in his playing days, we would be …….better for it, it was his number one attribute for mine and I agree his service was with the ball was good.

Unfortunately the Donkeys are the current beneficiaries, while on the Donkeys and the subject of 9’s, Billy Walters is vastly underrated by many, his personal development as a 9 and in particular his fitness, have gone next level, Ballin perhaps!

Reading that Enis will be good for our 9’s, guess we’ll have to wait and see, however his personal attributes were vastly different to Ballin‘s, I’d be happy if we could bring Matty home, in the meantime hopefully Enis will provide some positive improvements to our 9’s.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8