Hooker is still our biggest issue

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If he was available, I'm sure we could sign Harry Grant.

However, he reportedly costs $1 million per season, while Croker is on around a third of that. We'd then need to figure out which (and how many) players we'd have to let go and replace with budget replacements in order to sign a $1m hooker while staying under the salary cap.

The question is then, is the team that we'd end up with be better than the team we have now (with a $350k hooker surrounded by better players)? I suggest that we'd be worse off.

Also, Croker was not the reason we lost on Sunday.

Has @BOZO finally worked out that every side needs to work to a salary cap?

Miracles do happen.....they just take time....a lot of time.
The salary cap is as affective as the smart player choices that the clubs player recruiters make .
Wise Man are Miracle Men feathered friend

Last edited:
Bozo are you okay? I have been agreeing with you most of the day which makes me feel very unsettled
I am ok my feathered friend
I have agreed with your good self on many topics on here and it a pleasure to agree with you once again

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Think the penny has dropped that Manly can't afford Harry Grant !!
The storm did not pay big money for Grant
Young unheard of Harry Grant did not cost the Storm a cent
He was a smart recruitment choice feathered friend
Who is our smart recruitment Harry Grant in our 30 man squad ?

Last edited:
We must strive for continuous improvement in every area
Every training session
Every game plan
Every effort on the field
Every recruitment choice
This is what the Panthers do and this is why they are striving for 4 crowns in a row
1711406215183.png

Let us stop wasting time looking for Useless Excuses
And start looking for smart improvement
Winners do not make Excuses
Only Losers do
Lets get away from the loser trend

Seven Time Mr Olympia Winner Arnold Schwarzenegger
1711406697174.png

The storm did not pay big money for Grant
Young unheard of Harry Grant did not cost the Storm a cent
He was a smart recruitment choice feathered friend
Who is our smart recruitment Harry Grant in our 30 man squad ?
Koula and Haumole were smart recruitment decisions. Both could be superstars.

Do you want me to keep going? DCE, Turbo, Jurbo

Koula and Haumole were smart recruitment decisions. Both could be superstars.

Do you want me to keep going? DCE, Turbo, Jurbo
Koula , Huamole DCE , Turbo and Jurbo are all Smart recruitment Superstars and we have kept them all . We did a Great Job there .
If The Smart Roosters can fit them all and afford Smith then we should be smart enough to fit in a Grant as well

Anything the Benchmark Roosters can do we can do better
If we do not try and better the Benchmark we miss the mark of Progress
Anything is possible and you dont have to be a Rooster to achieve that
You just have to be Innovative
1711410023609.png

It’s really funny that we continually knock the Frog on here ( and yes I did , 3 years ago too but not these days ) but I bet if you asked the other 16 members of each weeks team if they’d prefer someone else I can almost guarantee what the answer would be.

We had a few lazy forwards on Sunday , Croker wasn’t one of them.

What a thread to unignore @BOZO in. The volume of bozo spam appears to have hit new levels of repetitive inanity. Please give it a rest @BOZO Back on ignore again.
It is a shame, as some of your posts are uniquely insightful.

Koula , Huamole DCE , Turbo and Jurbo are all Smart recruitment Superstars and we have kept them all . We did a Great Job there .
If The Smart Roosters can fit them all and afford Smith then we should be smart enough to fit in a Grant as well

Anything the Benchmark Roosters can do we can do better
If we do not try and better the Benchmark we miss the mark of Progress
Anything is possible and you dont have to be a Rooster to achieve that
You just have to be Innovative
View attachment 26452
I'm not sure Cheese is a better hooker than Croker.

And Croker at 400k over Cheese at 800k? - the choice is easy.

Probably not the best example to put forward.

I'm not sure Cheese is a better hooker than Croker.

And Croker at 400k over Cheese at 800k? - the choice is easy.

Probably not the best example to put forward.
We will agree to disagree feathered friend
Have a happy and healthy day

I'm a Croker defender, but I do get the argument re lack of creativity etc. Lawton is a Croker clone, ie solid but limited creativity. Agree with other comments that I'd like to see Gordy or Humphries in the 14 to see if they can provide a bit of impact. I'd lean towards Humphries as I thought he looked good in the pre season and would also provide cover for the halves.

The comment around needing more spark.....we are 3rd for points scored.

We have spark all over the place.

Look at the Panthers, depending the make up of your team a defensive hooker can be the right fit.
Think this is a really good point.

Of course we all would prefer Api or Grant.

But we have spent our money elsewhere, so what is it that the team needs most? Strong middle defence for a start.

Croker has entered the building.

Look at the Panthers, depending the make up of your team a defensive hooker can be the right fit.
Another good point. Ballin wasn't the most creative dummy half but complemented players like DCE, Ox, Foz and Gifty perfectly.

100%. Calling out our attack is unusual. I get that everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I personally don’t get it. We have two halves that need the ball in their hands, not a 9 that should be stifling our attack through ball hogging creative endeavours. Horses for courses. Put Croker in a Titans or Tigers jumper and you might think there is a problem, but we don’t need another cook in the kitchen. He is perfect for us. Makes his tackles and feeds the more influential players.

My only criticism in the past has concerned his ability to bring forwards onto the ball. However, we have a clear tactic of pushing the ball wide on yardage sets to use our speed on the edges and it’s somewhat mitigated this concern.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8