Hooker for 2017: POLL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be our primary Hooker for 2017?

• Apisai Koroisau

• Lewis Brown

• Pita Godinet

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Don't worry,all our problems are solved,we have signed Jesse Martin from Raiders U20's side,he will be our saviour at hooker....... Bwahahahah

In the Seggy poo poo article Bozo said hooker is covered by Api, Brown and Hastings in that order. So that settles that.

It'll be interesting. got a few former top grade players in the extended family so the convo came up over a few pre xmas beers last night. General opinion was that Api will be the starting #9 and it is his position to lose throughout the year. (no surprises there) They expect a much better season than last from him due to him being in a better headspace. They rate him alot more than I have been, but none believe he is an 80 minute hooker. The pre-season battle they say is between Brown, Cullen & Hastings for utility bench spot. Hastings on paper the most likely to get it as he can cover backline as well as halves better than the other two in case of injury in a game, and can kick. They were saying Barrett will not want to use Brown as a centre at all if possible. So with no injuries in a game, the selected utility probably be looking at 25-30 mins of gametime as hooker and maybe a short stint in halves / centres pending the opposition. Opinions on Cullen are high, so none of the blokes were surprised about the article offering Brown an out if he can get a gig elsewhere as it is very likely he will be leapfrogged in utility ranks before a ball is kicked, and likely to be starting second row for Blacktown. They seem to think he will get a 1st grade gig elsewhere pretty easily, but other clubs will know the situation and will ensure manly continues to pay a good chunk of his price. That's going to be the hurdle, striking a good deal. They were of the opinion that the money saved on Buhrer will cover hastings, cullen and lussick, money saved on parcell and if they can manage to offload Brown and Lawrence, that will secure a top line centre which i think we all agree is the last piece of the puzzle. Said another year of failure won't be tolerated from up top and there is another level of brutal they can and won't hesitate to go to if there isn't success. Always interesting at the once a year catch up to get the blokes opinions, most haven't played for a number of years, but all are still involved in the game in some way or another and are all straight shooters. They believe current squad can be successful, but it will require alot of quick gelling and injury luck. I'm not sure what they're predicting is what will happen, but their opinions are a bit more qualified than mine! So come the early rounds, will be interested to see what unfolds. They were spot on with their predictions of a mediocre year last xmas, so i had nothing to rub in this round of beers as i thought i would after the last recruitment run. **** that was long. off to the pub.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8