Hooker and 2nd Row

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Look it's a trial. Ben turbo will be in 17, clearly backrow and centre versatile.
Schuster gets first shot to start I don't think a trial changes that.

Agreed, based on what I saw yesterday, this could be Croker's last year in the run on. Humpheries looked good and Gordie also starting the year very sharp. Gordie was very busy on the sidelines and keen to get involved. A Gordon/Humprheries combo in '25 is very likely.

Humpheries certainly taking a page out of Joey's book with that rump he's built in the off season. Those thighs are also huge. How does he find pants that fit!
This is what we need to happen. Croker is an accidental hooker who would have been a reserve grader if not for Fainu's stabby incident.

Let :s see how it goes with the extra intensity or more regular intensity in the middle against the Roosters line up and how Gordie and Jamie cope accordingly .
Though would have to suggest just on match reports , Humphries has done fairly well .
Not to automatically get a particular rating over Gordie "s good late season efforts and also maybe current performances but Jamie has certainly put in a pretty fair claim as an initial season [ proper] understudy to Froggy .
Certainly could be a bit of a conundrum with the Shu and Burbo especially with the apparent good combo Brooks has formed with Ben .
Shu "s [ at his most dynamic ] effective creativity and ability to crack the line to measure off against Burbo s willingness to get in the right position and use his mobility and size to maximum effect .
Again just have to see how both shape up against a for sure better organized and hardened Roosters defensive line this weekend .
Both not the most noted defenders on past indications and both to ideally improve against the more capable line ups . This will again naturally be the real test in vying for run on positions or bench for this pair for that matter with the also apparent depth factor and Brown also apparently going quite well yesterday

I think if Manly can keep their primary players on the field, supplemented by good back ups they now have, I can see Manly being a contender for the premiership. Early days, but just as Dennis Pittard in the late 60s came into a talented but lacking cohesion Souths line up, as the important final lynchpin at 5/8 and consequently assisted them to premierships, I get the feeling Brooks may do the same. Despite my desire for Schuster at 5/8 which I've spoken of many times, I accept now he's probably best in the back row. I'll eat humble pie there. Good to see Burbo also showing he's moving to the next level. As I said early days, but this team is beginning to take an impressive shape.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8