Home grown Salary cap relief

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It should be a sliding scale reduction of the Cap.
Then Clubs could reinvest in bringing Juniors through.

Full season only so a Club can't sign a player at 30th June and gain the full discount or a single player getting the discount at two diffetent Clubs if he changes mid year

Discount:
If player at Club for Harold Matthews then 5% reduction
Plus
If player at Club for Flegg then 5% reduction added to Matts discount
Plus
If player at Club for NYC then 5% reduction added to Flegg discount
Plus
If player at Club for Reserves then 5% reduction added to NYC discount
Plus
If player at Club for NRL then 5% reduction added to Reserves discount
Plus
1% for each full season of NRL

This would see a Turbo (started Matts) initial NRL contract begin with a 25% Cap discount
Or
Chez (started NYC) would see an initial NRL contract begin with a 15% Cap discount
Or
Siro (started Reserves) would see an initial NRL contract begin with a 0% Cap discount as he didn't play full season in Reserves

Discounts are forfeited once a player changes Clubs.

What about SGBall ?
There should be a discount too.

The problem I see with a broad based scheme such as you suggest .... is that out of a squad of 30 .. teams with massive juniors might be getting various discounts for say up to 20 players as opposed to some clubs with less juniors only getting discounts for say 10 players .... The nett result would be that apart from then giving these teams a massive differential in Salary cap spending to counter the lessor clubs offer ... it would also unwittingly increase the overall spend of clubs by increasing the salary cap significantly ...

My gut feel is that it could only be managable for a set number of marque juniors ... say 4 per club ...
The 5% is at each level, it is player based.

So if a Club spends on Junior development then their Harold Matts cost is reduced by the players they develop.

As I stated, we don't know the history of each NRL roster.

I used Manly as an example as I've watched TurBros, Cust, Chez etc come through the ranks.

Say Turbo is valued at 1 million, then due to his playing all Junior through Senior level at one Club, his cap slice is 750k.

The 250k 'freed up' would compensate Manly for the years they spent on him prior to his NRL debut, and by default his Juniors Team mates who have since left Manly or are still languishing in our lower grades.

Manly would spend it on 'imports' who no longer carry a discount as they broke away from their own Juniors pathway to the NRL level :nerd:

As each Club has a limit if 30 players, what proportion of that 30 is from Matts onwards?

Currently we only have TurBros and Cade which is 10% of the roster.

Players will continualy change Clubs so I don't fear an NRL roster of more than a handfull who would attain the full 25% discount. Plus the 5% rate is just to simplify the maths :D

It's just a simple idea on how to grow the game :)

Not gone ... mis-used, how many Parra juniors are playing for other clubs ..... how many u/16 teams play in the Penrith/ Parra comps .... and how many play in the Manly comp .... it is a numbers game ...
Exactly, those players broke the discount chain and Parra don't have their NRL roster stacked whilst other Clubs have the opportunity to hire them :happy:

Local juniors should after 5 years start having a percentage of there wages coming off the total club cap. cap...i.e. 6th year only 90% then 7th year only 80% of their salary cap is added into club cap. and so on so after 10 years you only have 50% of the contract added into your cap. Just a way of keeping them on a good wicket and stops the raids by others. Also maybe after 5 years there is a transfer fee also payable by any club that poaches them, which has to be added to that clubs cap for the first year.

Have I made that understandable ????

Brainstorming would be step 1 that the NRL should undertake :lightbulb:

I came up with this idea whilst watching a recording of a TV crime Show :rofl:

Point 1 - Brainstorming at the NRL - now that's very ambitious
Point 2 - how bad was the TV crime show that your attention drifted to a complex revolutionary plan to revamp the NRL?

Towards the end of the ‘13 import’ era, they brought in a rule that allowed a long serving import to a club to be classified as a local junior. I think it was a minimum period of five years.

Players like Graham Eadie and Bruce Walker thus finished their Sydney playing careers as Manly ‘juniors’.

It should be a sliding scale reduction of the Cap.
Then Clubs could reinvest in bringing Juniors through.

Full season only so a Club can't sign a player at 30th June and gain the full discount or a single player getting the discount at two diffetent Clubs if he changes mid year

Discount:
If player at Club for Harold Matthews then 5% reduction
Plus
If player at Club for Flegg then 5% reduction added to Matts discount
Plus
If player at Club for NYC then 5% reduction added to Flegg discount
Plus
If player at Club for Reserves then 5% reduction added to NYC discount
Plus
If player at Club for NRL then 5% reduction added to Reserves discount
Plus
1% for each full season of NRL

This would see a Turbo (started Matts) initial NRL contract begin with a 25% Cap discount
Or
Chez (started NYC) would see an initial NRL contract begin with a 15% Cap discount
Or
Siro (started Reserves) would see an initial NRL contract begin with a 0% Cap discount as he didn't play full season in Reserves

Discounts are forfeited once a player changes Clubs.

As this is a sound and reasonable option to help clubs retain juniors means there is no possible way the NRL will implment it.

The NRL will implement a knee jerk juniors salary cap relief when a love child like Donkeys or Souffs is looking at losing a handful of their juniors and they have a big cry and hoo haa to Toddles.

I was thinking about @HappilyManly 's idea (which has merit) and wondered about the ave career of an nrl player.

Without looking too deep into it, this is from a 2010 article on nrl.com:

With the current statistics showing that an average length of a Rugby League player’s career spans 43 games over three to four years only.

So that's not a hell of a lot, considering what it takes to get there. Makes me wonder that the nrl really should get serious about cap discounts for longer serving players, one club players, and players brought through the ranks. If they got their poop in order they could do something like Happily said and increase the cap considerably (because they'd be making money).

43 games. Makes me want to give an extra "well done" to Siro today. :)

I was thinking about @HappilyManly 's idea (which has merit) and wondered about the ave career of an nrl player.

Without looking too deep into it, this is from a 2010 article on nrl.com:

With the current statistics showing that an average length of a Rugby League player’s career spans 43 games over three to four years only.

So that's not a hell of a lot, considering what it takes to get there. Makes me wonder that the nrl really should get serious about cap discounts for longer serving players, one club players, and players brought through the ranks. If they got their poop in order they could do something like Happily said and increase the cap considerably (because they'd be making money).

43 games. Makes me want to give an extra "well done" to Siro today. :)
This why rewarding/encouraging Junior development is so important, yet is being ignored by NRLHQ as they just want to glory of mixing with established players :confused:

If we don't supply the next 43 game player, the game will stagnate with teams of players who 'played one season too many' :(

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4