Home ground

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just got back from a visit to Manly to see family, on the trip home I decided to check out what is happening to Brookie. I stood on the hill and remembered some of the things I'd seen over the years. It was strange to be the only one there. There are a few bindi's on the hill, but it looks pretty plush, and so does the playing surface. Plenty of weeds growing under the seating on the eastern side. I also had to do some weeding around my paving block. The paver area looked a little sub-par, which was slightly disappointing for a new initiative, I'd hoped it would be maintained and look good year round. Oh well I guess they'll clean it up for next season.

Bit hard to see exactly what work is being done. The roof is off the Jany Try, but nothing was happening while I was there. However everything - including all the seating - in all the stands is covered by giant tarps. Anyone know what that is for? It looks weird and I can't guess the purpose. It's like a big secret!

The cover is to protect the seating form direct sunlight, which makes the plastic brittle and tends to break and fade if not covered.

Thanks. And there was I thinking they were secretly painting the seats a different color lol.

Seaeagle63 link said:
So I take it Brooky is unsecured and anyone can just wander in?

The oval is a public space, and is open year round, aside from during game times. You can often walk/ride through, the only exception that I can think of is when it is obviously off limits due to construction.

[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185950.msg306070#msg306070 date=1289806604]

Hopefully an international front rower will walk in one day soon.

[/Quote]

Very few arrive at brookie already internationals, many arrive discards and become internationals however.

When I worked at Brookvale or the mall used to walk though the oval on my way to work. Miss those days.
Was visting the beaches as well last week and also had a walk though playing eagle rock on my ipod as i do when i go though the oval.
Did look a bit strange with the roof off on the Jane try stand though

tookey link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185950.msg306070#msg306070 date=1289806604]

Hopefully an international front rower will walk in one day soon.
[/quote]

This

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4