Home Game at Central Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I wonder what people think about the fact that Manly have given one of their home games to Central Coast Stadium or Blue Tongue or whatever name it has this week!!!

It means that from Round 18 to 24 we don't have a Brookie game. Also this game has been made a Friday night one making it doubly hard to get there for kick-off. Season ticket holders etc are unimpressed.

The traffic from where I live on Friday on Pennant Hills Rd is so bad that from 4pm on it takes over an hour to get to the junction of the F3, something that normally takes 15 mins.

We have also given Newcastle a free kick with crowd and taken away our home advantage. It is likely to be a Newcastle Crowd with limited Manly fans, especially given that it is Friday night and who will travel that far - when it is on telly live and free to air??

It could be the game that determines if we make the Top 2 or 4?

I am unsure of the financial advantage of playing there and after the way the Central Coast media/council etc undermined the Beagles we owe them nothing. I reckon this is a dumb move!!

It's a totally crap decision. Why put money into Singleton's pocket when you disrupt the teams supporters. And the majority of the crowd will be Drugcastle fans, thereby halting any home ground advantage. SSStupid.

Still not as bad as changing our game with brisbane. I know where I would rather we were playing our next game against them- AT HOME.

Regardless of what financial bonus there is for playing this game at Gosford it is just plain wrong.

Everything that CW has written is spot on. There will be much support from Newcastle fans at this match than there will be Manly fans. The F3 on a Friday night is nothing more than a mobile car park and if there is an accident it just becomes a car park.

Should the unthinkable happen & Manly miss out on a top 2 or top 4 spot by 2 points and we lose this game at Gosford someone in management will have to take responsibility for this ludicrous decision.

As a season ticket holder I am furious at this decision and the club should consider the ramifications from season tix holders if they are considering similar wanderings next year. Whilst we are offered "free tix" it cost me $4.95 for the Ticketek admin fee. Certainly not a lot of money but it was simply the fact that I had to pay more money for something that I already paid for just got under my skin.

Grant Mayer, should you read these pages I would suggest that you start considering one of your more valuable assets in your season tix holder and regular attendees at Brookvale before you ever again consider taking away a match from Brookvale. Whilst I know that the bottom line is important, but whatever financial advantage you gain from playing in Gosford you will lose in goodwill from the supporters.

CW you are spot on mate, whilst I have never been to a Manly game (live in the south island of NZ :yeah: ), I hate it when Manly can't play in front of their home fans, it just irks me.

What pisses me off even more is when Manly give up a home game and play it somewhere else, that is just plain wrong regardless of any monetary benefit that comes from it.

I can only see one very tiny positve to come from this and it is that assuming we make the top4 !pray: the Manly faithful are going to have been starved of their seeing their side and will pack Brookvale to the rafters come playoff time!

Poor decision.
I am not at all happy with the way the scheduling has been done this year. 2 Sunday games - in a whole season that is garbage. 6 straight games away from home at the business end when it all matters - a joke.

well they obvioulsy dont give a damm about season ticket holders because they already have our cash! whether we turn up or not. it wouldnt be too bad if it was saturday or sunday, but i cant get there on a friday night!

I have heard that the club is going to play two games next year at Gosford.

No matter what the cost benefit to the club they should not be allowed to treat season ticket holders and supporters this way and we should all tell them what we think to try and get them to change their mind.

To play any games at Gosford brings back memories of the bad old northern eagles days.

I put a post on MSE recently about it and admin did not comment. Maybe they will respond if someone else puts another post on asking if it is true that two games will be played at Gosford next year.

It sounds like the club has already agreed to this and they need to let the supporters know sooner rather than later so that season ticket holders can decide whether they want to renew next year.

I have 3 season tickets and I doubt that I will renew them next year if there are 2 games less. It will probably be cheaper to buy tickets for the individual games.

I totally agree the CW. I can't see what the gain is to play at the CC. Especially on a friday night. (to be fair maybe the club had no control of the friday night date)

Perhaps they put the game there knowing that the NC lot are the most likely to fill it up. Given its a Friday night it should be a full house.

If not good for the 1 sided crowed it should be good for the bank balance.

Great for the bank balance (is it?) but what does it do when Season ticket holders and loyal fans are disgruntled and may vote with their feet at Brookie in the future?

You could say that about a number of things.

It's 1 game CW. I never get to see the side.

If a fan is so disloyal as to get their nickers in a knot over 1 game being moved to a place where it will be 'harder' (not impossible) to get to then they are stupid.

Manly didn't pick the friday night time slot. I don't know if they made an application to have a sunday game or not but its not that big a deal is it?

Better there than Christchurch I suppose.

hey whats wrong with Christchurch, they will have at least one spectator turn up even if it does rain, hail or snow!! ;) I'm sure the boys are hard enough to deal with the -5degrees they may have to play in!!

RLW - Survey of Players

Which ground do you hate playing at the most? Canberra Stadium 15, Brookevale 14 , Cambelltown 10, Olympic Park 9, Mt Smart 8, Telstra 8, others 36. Last year: Telstra 22

Whos to say we dont have plans that necessitate these difficult decisions that are obviously revenue driven. We did lose sponsorship dollars with the Qld group issue didnt we?

So, I tend to think these decisions are made with the broader picture in mind. Even though im not fussed i can understand season tix holders being disenchanted with that particular decision.

Regardless of what financial bonus there is for playing this game at Gosford it is just plain wrong.

Everything that CW has written is spot on. There will be much support from Newcastle fans at this match than there will be Manly fans. The F3 on a Friday night is nothing more than a mobile car park and if there is an accident it just becomes a car park.

Should the unthinkable happen & Manly miss out on a top 2 or top 4 spot by 2 points and we lose this game at Gosford someone in management will have to take responsibility for this ludicrous decision.

As a season ticket holder I am furious at this decision and the club should consider the ramifications from season tix holders if they are considering similar wanderings next year. Whilst we are offered \"free tix\" it cost me $4.95 for the Ticketek admin fee. Certainly not a lot of money but it was simply the fact that I had to pay more money for something that I already paid for just got under my skin.

Grant Mayer, should you read these pages I would suggest that you start considering one of your more valuable assets in your season tix holder and regular attendees at Brookvale before you ever again consider taking away a match from Brookvale. Whilst I know that the bottom line is important, but whatever financial advantage you gain from playing in Gosford you will lose in goodwill from the supporters.

When "current" management attained their roles at The Sea Eagles Corso, unfortunately they automatically inherited pre-made contracts and licenses around amounts of games etc at Bluetongue Stadium.

As much as Current management would like to see ALL home games at Brookvale, unfortunately their hands are tied.

I know this to be fact.

While the above is based on fact, I personally believe we will be coming out of the Pat Wilson decision making era in 2009 or 2010.

Please don't take this as an argument against what you are saying Corso, because I wholeheartedly agree with you and CW here.

I just know that unfortunately, the clubs hands are tied, and if they refuse to play on the Central Coast, there could be legal ramifications.

If I was a betting man, I'd say current management would have all their home games at Brooky. What would be nice though, is that about 20k worth of people turn up each game.

Anika's 2 months old now, so I'm able to get down there more, starting Friday.

Whos to say we dont have plans that necessitate these difficult decisions that are obviously revenue driven. We did lose sponsorship dollars with the Qld group issue didnt we?

So, I tend to think these decisions are made with the broader picture in mind. Even though im not fussed i can understand season tix holders being disenchanted with that particular decision.

The decision was made prior to the loss of the Qld Group. It would appear that the decision is made pureley from a financial aspect and we will never know what inducement has been given to the club to play at Gosford. It better be a f- c - ing big one through.

But from a crowd perspective given fine weather it would be reasonable to assume a crowd of at least 16K at Brookvale for a Friday night. The capacity of Bluetongue is 20K. So assuming a sellout, which it will not be they are gaining very little from gate entry other than allowing Newcastle fans the chance to dominate the crowd and for their players to lift as a result.

From a straw poll of responses to this topic on MSE it is apparent that the majority of fans are not happy and will not be traveling to Gosford for this match.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2