Hodkinson gorn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Darren link said:
all over the kennel as well!!! Well, get rid of him now!! I'm sick of these traitors, back to Sunshine and bring in Cherry Evans now, sorry, forget the crap of picking best team, we brought him when Parra treated him like crap, get lost in my opinion, I'd rather not be as good than to watch that tool run around in our beloved maroon and white. Perry's case is much different

Darren link said:
all over the kennel as well!!! Well, get rid of him now!! I'm sick of these traitors, back to Sunshine and bring in Cherry Evans now, sorry, forget the crap of picking best team, we brought him when Parra treated him like crap, get lost in my opinion, I'd rather not be as good than to watch that tool run around in our beloved maroon and white.

Why put **** on a bloke who decides to go elsewhere and call him a traitor. If he's gone well that's our bad luck, we've had lots of other clubs calling us poachers and theives for buying talent from them. This is a case of, the shoe on the other foot, get over it.

Would be the first time under the current coaching regime that we missed out on one of our own that we wanted.

Still, a wonderful record from Des & Crusher but i reckon its a bad miss brought about by spending too much on long term upgrades on existing contracts. We have kept too many of our former stars.

Ryans synopsis of problems in the ranks may have merit.

1.farrar/hoppa
2.robbo
3.whare
4.matai
5.farra/hoppa
6.LYON
7.foran
8.watmough
9.ballin
10.rodney
11.king
12.glenn stewart
13.perry

14.kite.15.rose.16.williams/cross.17.bailey/joe gavo ????? hodko has signed with bulldogs needs to step aside now he wont be trying he has a contract now hes got what he wanted.....fark off junior ROBSON from parra....

IF he has signed with the Dogs then bring in Cherry-Evans (preferably so long as he hasn't signed with Bradford).  Don't worry about disrupting 'stability' because right now we don't have any.  I think it'd be silly of Hodko to sign before Manly puts in an offer after the salary cap stuff has been finalised.  And also for him to say he loves being here a month ago... but i haven't seen anything official so who knows.

One thing is for sure, he can become a master halfback with Stewart and Lyon outside of him.  Right now he's struggling without them, but still learning and whilst showing a ton of promise, it's a gamble paying all that money.

In saying that, this could definitely pave the way for Orford to return for a year or two to...'steady the ship'.  And swap out with Daly (which being so young and going to ESL is a stupid idea)

forget the traitor stuff.any young kid offered that money from an area he was brought up in would go.dont see any of us complaining when we sign a player from elsewhere.

he is a talented kid just starting out.good luck to him.he should be treated like every other player.if his form warrants first grade selection once we get our senior players back he should stay in the top grade;if not he goes back to sunshine coast.that is the easy bit.

the hard bit  is what do we do now.whether KF plays half or 5/8 we need to find another player for the vacant position as lyon is a great centre and we should leave him there.

there are simply no halfbacks around(mail is storm will retain cronk at all costs) at all so maybe KF at half and try to find a 5/8 from somewhere if possible.no obvious contenders.only available one would seem to be finch and we are already an ageing side.i dont think we should go there.
not sure what his contract situation is but I reckon Jarryd Mullen could regain form at a strong club like ours but that is really left field.

the odds on favourite knowing des will be KF and lyon with whare and matai in the centres.im not sure about that even though both kieran and jamie are fine players.i know ive said it many times but i see KF as a ball playing,hard hitting lock a bit like the old melbourne 13 but with ball skills.

i admit i know not a lot about DCE as I havent seen as many QCup games this year.I remember from u20'S he was very slightly built but that can change quickly.What are the thoughts of those who have seen a bit of him?If english clubs are interested he must have some ability.

this does make things tricky as we need to find some fresh new forwards to replenish our pack but this may be thwarted by paying through the neck for a new half or 5/8.
i guess my preference would be to give DCE a go next year or if HK fades after his decision.that way we would have some ammo to look at youthful forwards.having not really seen DCE makes it difficult.

there must be some reason our game cant find halfbacks any more.we used to be innundated with them in past eras,now they are rare as hens teeth.

If Trent has really gone it can't hurt to have a few games with DCE at half and see if he will be an option going into next year. Or at least know whether its worth fighting with Bradford over him.

What can go wrong? We could lose, like its not already happening.

At least we would know where we stand with our current options and have a better idea what needs to be done for next season.

as i said flip that apart is simple.if HK fades away over next few weeks with our big guns back give DCE a go.judging him and KF(who has struggled the last 2 weeks as well) on the last couple of weeks with such a young backline is not the go.

Keep the pairing now that choc,lyon,matai are back.If HK struggles by all means give the DCE a go.We are still in this title up to our ears as outside saints all teams look terrible every second week.

Now that our side will get the guns back just pick the side on form.keep it simple.if HK stuggles with them back give the kid a go.i dont think we need a knee jerk reaction just because he has signed with dogs.

Sue - if there are no other half backs around as you suggest then why didn't manly go harder to retain Hodkinson? 

Maybe because they don't see him as a long term solution as our half back? 

Personally over the last few weeks I've felt Hodkos mind has been elsewhere.

I put it down to the Bulldogs negotiations. Hopefully once these are completely settled, not matter what decision he makes he can get back to playing the football we saw earlier this season.

If he continues his current form it cant hurt to slot DCE on the bench and give him a few short stints and see how things go.

Its not as if we're unaccustomed to using just 16 players anyway.

i think maybe the answer is 800k for three years.we dont have the money right now and the dogs have probably said he cant wait till this salary cap stuff is sorted or they will pull the offer.800k is a big punt on us matching the offer.he may just want to go back home or he may have signed weeks ago-who knows.

my mail is that des has always had him earmarked as our long term solution and nothing has changed.we need some perspective here.before last week we were running second with a huge injury toll and two new halves.hardly wristcutting stuff.the fact that des was not blowing up delux after friday night in his interview suggests he understands the current difficulties with young players and injuries.

a classic example is brisbane.henjak could eassily have panicked after round 6 when they were being bagged from pillar to post after dreadful displays but he kept faith in hoffman,gillette,winterstein,norman and co because he knew locky would get better and wallace,hodges,kenny and parker would return from injury.not dropping them kept up their confidence levels and now with a fit roster he is reaping rewards.

we just need to see how things unfold and pick blokes on the basis of their form now that we have most of our guys coming back.if HK is going backwards in a month then give DCE a go.as i said,that is the easy bit.planning for next year is the hard bit.

I have been a big proponent of HK long term BUT HE IS GONE.**** HAPPENS -WE MOVE ON AND PLAN AHEAD.CRUSHER AND CO HAVE NOT LET US DOWN IN RECENT YEARS RE RECRUITMENT,NO REASON THEY WILL NOW.

We are now running sixth. We are playing without passion or direction and we are being led around the paddock by someone whose heart is not with us. Another loss next week could easily see us out of the eight. Maybe it's not panic time yet but when the chips are down I want to see committed players out there not someone who can't wait to grab the dogs cash and run off to belmore

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8