HISTORY

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagles2win said:
The Eagle said:
Stevo said:
So is Beaver a 1 club player yet or what?

No,he played for Bradford and plays for Catalans yeah?

Stats people count the Northern Eagles as another team even though it was Manly's license

Someones done the sums and if Barba maintains his try scoring and doesn't get injured he could get Irvine's record.
The last time someone mentioned a player this was for it was Snake and unfortunately got injured (lost 2 seasons).
So touch wood it doesn't happen to him.

I don't care which team a player play's for records are made to be broken

I care immensely which team a player plays for !! lol

If Slater played another 5-6 years at 12-15 tries a year he will be touching that record and I would hate that !!

If the Beaver fell in Sherwood Forest and no Manly fan is around to hear it does he make a sound?

How many captains of premiership winning teams have then gone on to coach that same club to a premiership in their first year in charge ?

May be a captain coach in years gone by , but I'm more interested in the 2 roles seperately .

Big chance of it this year for sure .

Beaver is a treasure and belongs to the game as a whole. But his heart and his most amazing feats always belong to Manly.

dceagle said:
How many captains of premiership winning teams have then gone on to coach that same club to a premiership in their first year in charge ?

May be a captain coach in years gone by , but I'm more interested in the 2 roles seperately .

Norm Provan is the only one I know of - but he is as you pointed out captain coach

dceagle said:

That's a fairly specific set of ToR's!!!

But just to exploit a (small) loophole in your elements, Phil Gould did it by captaining the Bulldogs 1985 Reserve Grade side to a victory, then coaching the Bulldogs to a premiership in his first year as the Dogs coach in 1988.

Although he didn't win a premiership, Michael Hagan captained the Knights and then won them a premiership in his first year as the Newcastle coach.

Vyssini said:
I have had an absolute gutful of reading how a certain person is on course to make rugby league history by becoming the first coach to win premierships in consecutive years with different teams...but the REAL question should be...

Has any club won back to back premierships with different coaches?

(David Middleton where are you?)

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles- the History makers!!!

82 & 83 we should have. Ray Ritchie & Bob Fulton.

MadMarcus said:
Rex said:
If the Beaver fell in Sherwood Forest and no Manly fan is around to hear it does he make a sound?

Trick question - Beaver would never fall over.

Semi v Dragons in 2008 he not only fell over but also head-butted the ball with his hooter!

The Eagle said:
Stevo said:
The Eagle said:
Stevo said:
So is Beaver a 1 club player yet or what?

No,he played for Bradford and plays for Catalans yeah?

Bradford and Catalans are in the NRL, Yeah?

Perhaps not, but they aren't Manly and are also top flight clubs, he may have had to oppose Manly had things fell the right way

BLASPHEMY!

Beaver would never run out against us. Don't say it.

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4