Hip drop epidemic

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He has been charged and should end up out for a couple of games…..but gets one if he accepts the early guilty plea
Got a feeling it could be more owing to the severity of the RCG injury, isn't this how they now rule/view suspensions.

Looks like both he and Mam are only looking at a week on the sidelines, what a joke
And you thought the NRL were coming down hard on this , 😂😂😂😂.

Honestly it’s just the “ scripting “ , one team gets ahead , let’s sin bin one of their players so the others can catch up.

Sorry but I’m a real “ tin foil hat “ fan these days.

Simple. If it's a citable offence the guilty party sits out the length of the injury to the injured player. If its a season ending injury to said player then there should be a flat 10 round penalty applied. If no injury to player ghen it's the standard 2 - 3 week ban.
From day 1 of the season there needs to be a list of offences that fall under the rule. Hip drop, cannon ball, attacking knees of player already in a tackle, malicious head high, chicken wing, tornado leg twist.... there's a good list to start with.

Queensland must be laughing all the way. RCG is out for months and Haas is so lucky to get only a weeks suspension for that tackle!

These things come and go.

Who else remembers ‘The Great Shepherding Scare of 1975’? I believe it was Mr Jack Gibson at the Roosters who kicked that one (the use of the ‘shepherd’) off.

Or ‘The great Cannonball Tackle Crackdown of 1997’? Our own Steve Menzies was a past master at it.

I think I've seen 2 or 3 actual hip drops in my 40 years of watching RL. The modern day proliferation of this kind of tackle has been created by the single minded battle between attackers prioritising finding their front and defenders prioritising putting the ball runner on their back.

The priority should be metres for both parties. If the time of a PTB was standardised a lot of the BS in the ruck would go away. The constant battle to control the ruck is the biggest blight on RL. I'd love to see a game where every PTB was equal. It would prioritise attack and incentivise low tackles.

The speed of the ruck shouldn't be the be all and end all.
Every play the ball at the same speed

You're cooked mate that's a terrible idea, it's boring and repetitive

How do I know? It's standardised in the league games of the last 10 years and watching someone play a game of that is more boring than watching old men with zero rev rate play 10 pin bowling, Christ

If people are looking for consistency, they are watching the wrong sport.

Every play the ball at the same speed

You're cooked mate that's a terrible idea, it's boring and repetitive

How do I know? It's standardised in the league games of the last 10 years and watching someone play a game of that is more boring than watching old men with zero rev rate play 10 pin bowling, Christ.
Not sure what you mean by "league",can you clarify?

I realise the importance of safety first and looking after the welfare of players, but I reckon the amount of things being looked at now is ridiculous.
Soon it will be like the movie "Minority report" where players will be penalised for something they were going to do in the future.
I reckon the inconsistencies will continue also, with so many potential problems you can find in a tackle, there will be penalties every 10 seconds if this stuff keeps going

Not sure what you mean by "league",can you clarify?
Rugby league live 2,3 and 4

The games have zero flow, the game is hamstrung by glacial play the balls

The idea of standardised play the balls sounds good in theory, until you see it in practice, there's no momentum, while these games are the product of awful video game programmers don't think for a second this glacial pace wouldn't be the standard of the standardised play the ball, everyone onside always forever

Rugby league live 2,3 and 4

The games have zero flow, the game is hamstrung by glacial play the balls

The idea of standardised play the balls sounds good in theory, until you see it in practice, there's no momentum, while these games are the product of awful video game programmers don't think for a second this glacial pace wouldn't be the standard of the standardised play the ball, everyone onside always forever
Fair enough. I'm not advocating for a PTB clock, if I could change one thing it'd be the immediate call of "roll away" from the refs when they see a legs tackle. Allow the defender a little time to hold the ball runner down while they work themselves back into a position where they can be an effective marker.

Wow what a surprise. Lo and behold who gets the benefit of Haas and Mam suspended. The fuking putrid vermin. Who gets fuked over after they've had a weeks rest , us .Fuk that club makes me sick everytime I hear or see it.

Fair enough. I'm not advocating for a PTB clock, if I could change one thing it'd be the immediate call of "roll away" from the refs when they see a legs tackle. Allow the defender a little time to hold the ball runner down while they work themselves back into a position where they can be an effective marker.
Legs tackles are treated horribly I agree but I've seen an alternative that sucks

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8