Hiku named for Kiwis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Glad Hiku agreed to terms with us before this selection. If we had of snoozed on signing him until after the test his value probably would have gone up. Good timing

Well done to the lad.Shows what playing with a club like ours can do to bring the most out of a young guy.

On another note surely the administrators must be worried about this game.We normally towel them up in this game when they are full strength.How many games has the hooker played?Dropping JWH?Weakest kiwi side I have seen for many years(injuries in key positions doesn't help).

The game needs a strong kiwi side to keep the international game alive.Hope they compete well next week.

What is of note is the recruitment, the training, the coaching and the senior player mentoring of raw talent.
This is why the Manly polish the natural talent into a marketable, RL representative Players :cool:

I couldn't find a link to JLJ's post match Fox interview. But it underlies all of the above. He said how nervous he was all week, how the Coach just told him to keep it simple and how the Players calmed him down :)

Even Brandy commented how Manly missed the quick tap advantage of the 40/20, because they were all so excited and congratulating the debutant :angel:

Manly Culture - Manly Character :cool:

susan said:
Well done to the lad.Shows what playing with a club like ours can do to bring the most out of a young guy.

On another note surely the administrators must be worried about this game.We normally towel them up in this game when they are full strength.How many games has the hooker played?Dropping JWH?Weakest kiwi side I have seen for many years(injuries in key positions doesn't help).

The game needs a strong kiwi side to keep the international game alive.Hope they compete well next week.

I'm sure the refs will be under clear instructions to keep the score close.

MadMarcus said:
susan said:

You didn't watch last years ANZAC Test then, ref's did everything possible to keep Australia in the game for 1st 60 mins until they got their s#@$ together!!

AshfieldBazza said:
MadMarcus said:

You didn't watch last years ANZAC Test then, ref's did everything possible to keep Australia in the game for 1st 60 mins until they got their s#@$ together!!

I did watch it. The score was 6 all at half time last year despite Australia turning in a woeful performance in the first half - If that's not consistent my comment that the refs will have instructions to keep the score close I don't know what is!!!

HappilyManly said:
Even Brandy commented how Manly missed the quick tap advantage of the 40/20, because they were all so excited and congratulating the debutant :angel:

It was probably more because the Manly ball boy was meandering up the touch line with the ball and had to get up there and put it on the ground on the touch line before the player could pick it up.

Earlier in the season one of the teams kicked a 40/20 and the ball boy fired a pass to the winger so they are cracking down on that one now.

With Cherry and Jack in the team they'd better have a little chat with the ball boys so they're ready for it.

Yeah, well deserved spot for Peta in the NZ team.

He has been fantastic for us. I just hope that now he is a rep player that his value doesnt goes up :s ... well not until we have re-signed him. :)

Really happy and proud of Peta. I always knew he would be successful when he decided to make the move over to Manly. He originally turned down the Warriors before he came to Manly, even when they offered him more money. So was no surprise when he turned them down again this year, be it much more money however. Manly offered him a better chance of making and playing 1st grade which has proved to be the case.

Obviously I was biased being a Manly fan and didn't expect success to come this quick but I ain't surprised one bit. The history and family culture of this club is second to none. The ability to turn young talented players or discards into quality or representative players is proof. Also last year the media labelled "Old" Manly team was the perfect fit for Peta because he has had the opportunity to learn from some of the best veterans in the game. They would also ease the pressure on the field for him with their premiership winning experience and guidance. He owes a lot of his success to his team mates, coaching staff and the Club.

In saying that you have to use your talent and make an impact with your play, which Peta has done. He may not have freakish speed or power, though has enough of both to be effective and possesses a good football IQ. He also has a bit of mongrel in him and he won't back down on attack or defence. The key attribute I think Peta has is he quite a composed individual. His brother has even referred to him as "The most chilled out athlete he knows" lol.

This past Sunday you couldn't have scripted it better with Peta scoring 4 tries against the Raiders then being named in the Kiwi's. Such an honour for him to represent NZ at the top level after doing it at Junior level. Again so proud of him as is the rest of the whanau/family. Also hope this is only the beginning of great things to come for Peta. Well done nef!!!

Jax24 said:
The key attribute I think Peta has is he quite a composed individual
The other attribute which he showed from his very first NRL outings is that he wants to get involved and make a difference, he never just hangs back waiting for something to happen. Seems like a real 'footballer' as opposed to just another athlete.

Jax24 said:
Really happy and proud of Peta. I always knew he would be successful when he decided to make the move over to Manly.

When he and his Uncle visit Canada, I'll supply a beverage of his choice!*

Well done to him and he's looking fitter every week.

*Litres of liquefied gold not included.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Jax24 said:
The key attribute I think Peta has is he quite a composed individual
The other attribute which he showed from his very first NRL outings is that he wants to get involved and make a difference, he never just hangs back waiting for something to happen. Seems like a real 'footballer' as opposed to just another athlete.
Yeah totally agree mate. This was one of the reasons he was selected for the Kiwis. Selector Richie Barnett said Peta was and old school type player and they like that about him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6