• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hey Vid,

Mate I'm approaching my 21st year as a Leagues club member so i thought it's about bloody time i become a Football club member as I've been putting it off.

Well I've received my Football club application form for membership today which is $25.00 to join and I'm cool with that.

I forgot to ask the club today when i phoned what will i get once I've joined is it like my Leagues Club membership you get a card ? and how long will i have to be a Football club member before i can vote ? also can i vote by way proxy ?

Also i think its a nice touch with the Eagle on membership form.

Cheers EP

EP- you do get a card, it is basically the same as the Leagues Club one, I recall it is 3 years before you can actually vote, you can provie a proxy to a nominated eligible voting member- it is done by completing a proxy form & sending it to the secretary 48 hrs prior to the meeting.  $25 gets you membership until 31/12 or thereabouts.

Hope that helps, if I am wrong I am sure Vidmar will be able to clarify

The Wheel link said:
EP- you do get a card, it is basically the same as the Leagues Club one, I recall it is 3 years before you can actually vote, you can provie a proxy to a nominated eligible voting member- it is done by completing a proxy form & sending it to the secretary 48 hrs prior to the meeting.  $25 gets you membership until 31/12 or thereabouts.

Hope that helps, if I am wrong I am sure Vidmar will be able to clarify

Wheel cheers mate.

I have been a Footy Club member for about 5 years now and I think Wheel may bew rong about the 3 years to vote, that may well have been the go in the OLD DAYS, when you had to be nominated by two members to join the Football Club and then wait for sometime before you could actally do anything.

I am 95% sure it's changed, you join, you get a vote straight away!!

But I do say 95%, 5% is maybe not!!

Hope that helps.

You should ALL be Footy Club members, I actually think it's even more important than Screaming Eagles....that supports the Franchise but home is where the heart is, and the heart of the Sea Eagles is the Football Club!!

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I have been a Footy Club member for about 5 years now and I think Wheel may bew rong about the 3 years to vote, that may well have been the go in the OLD DAYS, when you had to be nominated by two members to join the Football Club and then wait for sometime before you could actally do anything.

Hope that helps.

You should ALL be Footy Club members, I actually think it's even more important than Screaming Eagles....that supports the Franchise but home is where the heart is, and the heart of the Sea Eagles is the Football Club!!

Mark - it was changed back to 3 years at the AGM 2 years ago

Fair enough Wheel,I did say 95%.

I suppose that is to stop "branch stacking" (in a manner)....ie all you guys join and we nominate Matabele for a board posistion and get him on in one fell swoop, then all let our memberships lapse.

Hope that helps.

Mark - I agree we should all be Football Club members but those who can't afford it etc i respect that.

Yes mate appreciate that wasn't meant to be a sermon just a statement.

I think we all want to "own" the club, the idea is eventually for the Football Club to keep buying back shares from Penn and Delmege, eventually taking control again....it may well take 20 years to do it, but ecah $25.00 for membership helps.

But yes mate appreciate 150% there are a lot more important things to spend your money on today than Football Club membership.

Perhaps I should have said "if you can afford it you should be a member"

Luckily I can!!

Fair enough Wheel,I did say 95%.

I suppose that is to stop \"branch stacking\" (in a manner)....ie all you guys join and we nominate Matabele for a board posistion and get him on in one fell swoop, then all let our memberships lapse.

exactly why they changed it - it was also when Penn/Max nominated for a spot on the board, then withdrew their nominations

Yes mate appreciate that wasn't meant to be a sermon just a statement.

I think we all want to \"own\" the club, the idea is eventually for the Football Club to keep buying back shares from Penn and Delmege, eventually taking control again....it may well take 20 years to do it, but ecah $25.00 for membership helps.

But yes mate appreciate 150% there are a lot more important things to spend your money on today than Football Club membership.

Perhaps I should have said \"if you can afford it you should be a member\"

Luckily I can!!

Mark - No worries mate i know where your coming from I'm just glad ill be Football club member myself soon.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6