Hey hey it's Daryl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Gronk

Bencher
Well they have done their two reunion shows now and I guess the question is should we be seeing this show on air on an ongoing basis?

I think if so it would need a bit of an overhaul - you can't have every cast member being over 50 and expect to get a broad audience.

However the concept is a hell of a lot better than the reality rubbish we get most of the time on the commercial networks.  

Re: Hey hey its' Daryl

I doubt that they could come up with anythign new.  The same old faces and jokes are funny to see again as a one off but not on a regular basis.

Would rather keep the good memories of the show. 

It is like bringing back John Howard to run the NRL - full of racism and yesterdays heros.

Better still we could go back to figjam wingnut David Murray so that he can rip a cool $100m or so out of the company as salary and bonus' by ripping off the people of Australia by fees and charges.

I havent seen much of it, I have jsut been too busy at work.

The endings I did catch seem like they are worth giving a one season run to see how they go.

Then they should bring back the full scaled "it's a knock out" not the silly wipeout alternative.

I think we really need "it's a Knock Out" and also "press your luck" no whammy's!

tookey link said:
Better still we could go back to figjam wingnut David Murray so that he can rip a cool $100m or so out of the company as salary and bonus' by ripping off the people of Australia by fees and charges.

Never recall David Murray being on hey Hey its Saturday

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181875.msg244098#msg244098 date=1254962852]

Never recall David Murray being on hey Hey its Saturday
[/quote]

He was too busy counting his bonus' on a saturday night and working out how to screw customers to appear on HHIS.  You seem so pro CBA these days wheel.  I think you need to spend more time with Jock. 

If you really look at most comedians they are taking a shot as someone in the community. 

Steady eddie used to make jokes about his disability.  I am sure that somewhere there were disabled people who were offended by his humour.  Vince Sorrenti and Carl Barron have a go at everyone and most nationalities. 

What about the nutty professor where there were plenty of jokes about fat black people.  I am sure there would be plenty that were offended by that movie.  the list goes on and on.

Harry Connick apparantly has a clip on youtube which shows him portraying a black person.  Isn't that offensive? 

To be honest I found a bit offensive (and I am a white male) but really my opinion means nothing. The people who count are the people who are being parodied i.e. black people.

They are the true judges

The show was rubbish 20 years ago so can't see how it would be any better this time around, in fact their jokes are probably even more dated. The GFC must have hit Darryl Sommers hard if he has to wheel out Hey Hey again.

Maybe they could cut costs and put on one show called 'Hey, Hey, It's the Footie Show'. Who could tell the difference?

Fair Dinkum!

If that attempt at humour was all people have to worry about- life can't be all that bad?

GFC? Drugs? Child abuse? Violence in society?

Bugger that! we're worried about a skit on hey hey.

Get over it people.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6