Here's this weeks team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Bozo I just don't think he's been destructive lately at all. His runs aren't those bashing runs of last year, again I don't know if this is just through injury, but to me he reminds me of Uate. Uate a few years ago was a bullet at the defensive line, and then suddenly (I think injury) he stopped doing this. I think Jorge has become a bit the same.

Killer03 said:
@Bozo I just don't think he's been destructive lately at all. His runs aren't those bashing runs of last year, again I don't know if this is just through injury, but to me he reminds me of Uate. Uate a few years ago was a bullet at the defensive line, and then suddenly (I think injury) he stopped doing this. I think Jorge has become a bit the same.
I agree but only match fitness and confidence from his coach will bring out the best out of him .

Jorge has been ordinary but he is not the difference between us winning and losing. Unless I missed the fact he is the middle, that is where our main issues are.

I also do not agree with mass changes and some saying if that is the side we are doomed. Who is better to bring up? Chee Kam, Andrews, Sao, Littlejohn? You are kidding if you think they will make a difference to the result. Well the might but I doubt it will be positive. I just hope we are somewhat competitive. I have no expectations of a win with the current injuries and internal issues.

If Tafua drops the first bomb or even the 2nd bomb directed to him, will 2v do the brave thing and yank him and bring Blair on?

Tafua can then play the rest of the game in the forwards off the bench.

he had a shocker against the Cowboys the week before, but I didn't think he was too bad last week. No winger in the game would have stopped that Lote try from happening; the ball was put on a sixpence, and all the momentum in that situation is with the attacking team. Baring that in mind, I think he only made one mistake. 40-0 at one stage, so bigger problems than an out of form winger at the moment.

[/quote] I agree but only match fitness and confidence from his coach will bring out the best out of him .
[/quote]

That's true, but there's no second chances. If this was a regular season game I can see the logic. But this is must win and I believe both Gutho and Blair offer us a better option for Saturday night.

Confidence from a coach doesn't always mean picking him regardless. I think that is then a recipe for disaster. No player should feel they own the starting position.

I think this leads back to another NRL issue. We need that better reserve grade competition. So quality players (and I believe Taufua is), can go back and play in a quality competition just beneath NRL and fight back to win their spot.

Garts said:
Jorge has been ordinary but he is not the difference between us winning and losing. Unless I missed the fact he is the middle, that is where our main issues are.

I also do not agree with mass changes and some saying if that is the side we are doomed. Who is better to bring up? Chee Kam, Andrews, Sao, Littlejohn? You are kidding if you think they will make a difference to the result. Well the might but I doubt it will be positive. I just hope we are somewhat competitive. I have no expectations of a win with the current injuries and internal issues.
This is why changes are not made because the current players are the best we have and this lot had been leading the comp before we lost form recently . We can win this if we can turn our form around

XV-1 said:
If Tafua drops the first bomb or even the 2nd bomb directed to him, will 2v do the brave thing and yank him and bring Blair on?

Tafua can then play the rest of the game in the forwards off the bench.

That could be the very reason why Blair's on the bench.

Surprised Hasson was selected as I heard he'd be out injured. Wish Tyson Andrews was given another chance.

Personally, this is how I would have us or the game against Des and his Scumdogs......

Going on the assumption that neither Matty Ballin or Jayden Hodges will be fit (sorry, I can't see Matty making a miracle comeback. From a broken arm maybe, but not a broken leg)

FB - Snake
WG - Blair
CE - Killer
CE - Skivy
WG - Peta
FE - Foz
HB - DCE
FR - Kingdog
HK - JLJ
FR - BJ
SR - Lui
SR - Horo
LK - T-Red

RES: Star, JSL, Hasson, Andrews/Jorge

I would not play anyone out of their normal position other than bringing Jack Littlejohn to play Hooker. He's big, has ball skills and while he wouldn't be the quickest out of dummy half, neither was Matty. And he adds an extra kicking option. Jorge I would drop at least to the bench, at worst out of the 17 with Andrews coming onto the bench. And I would start Lui for Choc.

Just my two cents worth and thank God I'm not Tooves so I don't have to make these decisions.

BOZO said:
COMMANDER said:
BOZO said:
Snake said:
I think a good coach sticks by Taufua...the only coaches that would drop him would be Ricky Stuart and the arm chair brigade on this forum.
Taufua was on the verge of NSW selection this year . He has been a gun for us and last week he had an average game and the only way a good coach can build his confidence is to believe in him and not drop him and lose faith in him .

Mate Qld was rubbing their hands together waiting for him to get picked. Thurston would have bombed the crap him and he would have been found out then.

Jorge just needs an off season working on this obvious weakness. Manu Vatevai was the same; they sent him down and worked with him and he came back a lot better.
Brother , Before he got injured he was doing well under the high ball and that is why he was on the verge of NSW selection . One question I have for you . How many games has Taufua lost for us ?

Mate have you missed the last two games? There is every chance that we will be down 12-0 in the first ten minutes on the back of Canterbury kicking to Jorge.

If you asked Laurie Daley why Jorge wasn't picked it would be because he can't catch a bomb.

ManlyBacker said:
Cava, I don't think you win big games by moving players from their best position to cover somewhere else. You don't have to agree of course. I'd rather risk one player out of position to wholesale changes which can only result in untried combinations.

We tried your way last week and the week before. Look how that's worked out!
I stated this 2 weeks ago but IMO, our best shot is to have Foran in 9.
The more he has the ball in his hands, the better.
If we get over this game, we could have MB back next weekend.

All the Tafua lovers won't be saying how great he is once the Dog's bomb him like WWII and he drops or lets them bounce. For me it's Blair it's a no brainer he's solid under the high ball and his runs and defence are solid. Tafua is out of confidence dropping him will do him some good.

I'm hoping Toovey will make the change later in the week. I can see (or hope) Jorge wakes up with a cold game day.It may be already planned and just not putting the media spotlight on the replacement.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
All the Tafua lovers won't be saying how great he is once the Dog's bomb him like WWII and he drops or lets them bounce. For me it's Blair it's a no brainer he's solid under the high ball and his runs and defence are solid. Tafua is out of confidence dropping him will do him some good.

None of the wingers are much who they have picked, Hiku best position is fullback only. I have watched plenty of their Cup games and their defence is poor and Blair will end up in the forwards he is not quick in space, he is a big man and the tries he has scored have be right on the line only. But agree they shouldn't be playing Taufau on the wing. I feel for this guy and don't want to see him uncomfortable out there and feel embarrassed.

Since were down on troops.. im not a fan of starting Lui as it weakens our bench. We have no impact.

Providing Hodges and Ballin are fit.. i wouldnt mind seeing Ballin at lock to help out the defence. Young Jayden was solid in defence too. Lui can still come off the bench and give us something extra. I would hope Tooves would play Luaki. He has been in and around the side as a warm up/18th man. Blair has to come in for Tafua. Drop Tafua to the bench instead of having Blair there. Maybe bring Tafua for a few minutes in the forwards and see if he can make any metres if were struggling.

The problem is.. Tafua is not normally exposed as much because we tend to dominate possession. As we are down on troops we are getting beaten in the forwards and surrendering possession. We defend well and they get to 5th and Tafua either drops it or they score. Repeat set.. more pressure.. etc.

Watmough out as well now.. we cant play a forwards game. We simply cannot compete with the remaining sides forward packs.

Blair to start at winger and put Jorge to bench as another battering ram. Use him if we are behind to get us some hit up meters.

KaZa said:
Since were down on troops.. im not a fan of starting Lui as it weakens our bench. We have no impact.

Providing Hodges and Ballin are fit.. i wouldnt mind seeing Ballin at lock to help out the defence. Young Jayden was solid in defence too. Lui can still come off the bench and give us something extra. I would hope Tooves would play Luaki. He has been in and around the side as a warm up/18th man. Blair has to come in for Tafua. Drop Tafua to the bench instead of having Blair there. Maybe bring Tafua for a few minutes in the forwards and see if he can make any metres if were struggling.

The problem is.. Tafua is not normally exposed as much because we tend to dominate possession. As we are down on troops we are getting beaten in the forwards and surrendering possession. We defend well and they get to 5th and Tafua either drops it or they score. Repeat set.. more pressure.. etc.

Watmough out as well now.. we cant play a forwards game. We simply cannot compete with the remaining sides forward packs.

Drop Tafua from the side, Blair to the Wing and Luaki to the bench to give us some bulk and impact from the bench. If that happened I think we are a chance, if the side that is named takes the field unchanged then it will finish a similar scoreline to last weekend.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6