Here's the thing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
What kind of refereeing policy allows a ref to clearly decide the result of a titanic game like last nights? In extra time the refs must cut both sides some slack so that the players can decide the game. For Hayne to ping us for going on with the tackle when the Dogs were doing it every tackle all night, is a disgusting decision. The players are rooted in extra time and to expect a fierce competitor like Foran to not swear at that penalty is fully unrealistic. So then to march us 10 which doubly gifted them the range to slot the penalty is horrifying. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Hayne is normally one of the better refs, if that's possible, but last night's rank and unsportsmanlike refereeing should have him suspended for 6 months. Or sacked. He was out of his depth last night.

Hayne has had it in for Foz since the 2011 Semis when he told him to get lost. :mad:
It was a highlight on all the sunday footy shows and I recall MG saying that Hayne is not a fit Referee for the GF due to his attitude to that Player.
Hayne did not referee us in the GF that year!

In the Scum game, he also humiliated Foz by making him retract a correct comment by Foz on Hayne's wrong call on our tryline :mad:

In a game with Ennis, literally chasing the Referee to get his point across, penalising Foz in extra time is worthy of Anderson investigating Hayne's bias :idea:

Baz my question is why did Glen even attempt to lift the player???.Surely in the back of his mind he knew it could backfire & concede a penalty.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Baz my question is why did Glen even attempt to lift the player???.Surely in the back of his mind he knew it could backfire & concede a penalty.

My question is I saw T Dog do exactly the same thing to choc earlier in the game and nothing was done about it.Hayne yelling held while Tdog had his leg in the air. The only difference was that Choc wasn't a cheating scumbag dog in diving to the ground like the **** that Reynolds is.

In cricket, umpires cant stand over a game involving their own country.

It's time that the nrl wussbags start deny certain refs standing in charge over certain games.

I am certain that the ref penalised us for flipping Reynolds over. If he wasn't flipped I doubt there would have been a penalty. The problem is we DIDN'T flip him. Reynolds milked it by leaping off his one leg that was on the ground. He milked it - plain and simple.

Just like he milked the try when he came up short of the line. He convinced the ref to claim it was a try thereby forcing the video ref to find compelling evidence to overturn the ref's call. Once they started viewing the low camera angle from behind the try line over and over again I knew they would award the try. That angle was inconclusive. The higher camera angle from in front of our line clearly shows Reynolds coming up short. FFS one of our players grounds the ball ON the line after Reynolds slams it down and it takes a couple of rolls forward!

Reynolds won them the game through those two incidents. He is a very good player. I hate that he got away with both those shocking calls but the blame is squarely at the feet of those two refs and the idiot refereeing by video. Reynolds did what he could and the refs obliged.

We wuz robbed.

Mal Cochrane said:
Gift didn't attempt to 'lift' the player. He just held one leg up to slow things down. Happens all the time....
Exactly Mal. The dogs were doing it all night. All night, lifting the leg in almost every tackle. Why ping it then? Why?

Im actually blaming inglis for this 'jumping'. he was the one doing earlier in the season to milk a penalty and it seems everyone is starting to follow.

Just heard DESpicable on radio and he made a valid point about video decisions: He argues that the on-field ref should also be in on the decision making. He knows best if his initial decision was right or wrong.

The Who said:
Just heard DESpicable on radio and he made a valid point about video decisions: He argues that the on-field ref should also be in on the decision making. He knows best if his initial decision was right or wrong.
I thought he was already involved by having to signal whether it's a 'try' or a 'no try' before he sends it upstairs.

bones said:
The Who said:
I thought he was already involved by having to signal whether it's a 'try' or a 'no try' before he ends it upstairs.

Yes he has but I still can't see why he can't have a further say on the decision result once that he has also seen the video footage. He may even change his own initial decision.

Jethro said:
bones said:
The Who said:
I thought he was already involved by having to signal whether it's a 'try' or a 'no try' before he ends it upstairs.

Yes he has but I still can't see why he can't have a further say on the decision result once that he has also seen the video footage. He may even change his own initial decision.

Because he's a moronic douche-bag.

Here's the thing, Foran isn't the captain and as such has no right to say anything to the ref. If Foran keeps his mouth shut, then we aren't marched the 10 and we may well have defended the next set.

Gee a lot of the posts on this Forum are looking and sounding like souffs fans, you know, a bloody big chip on their shoulder.

Foz is human - a human who just played his guts out for 80 minutes and got his Team back from 18 points down. :angel:

I can not fault his instinctive defence of his team mates.
Everyone in the Stands/Ground also yelled that 'he jumped,#@*'

The Ref however is there to be level headed, and he wasn't in his walking Foz the 10 m :mad:

HappilyManly said:
Foz is human - a human who just played his guts out for 80 minutes and got his Team back from 18 points down. :angel:

The Ref however is there to be level headed, and he wasn't in his walking Foz the 10 m :mad:

All good and well then, so we no longer expect discipline from our players?

Ralphie said:
HappilyManly said:

No, it is easier to blame had refs!

Ralphie has hit the nail on the head. It's bloody time we move on and build a bridge. The two points are gone no use crying over spilt milk.
We lack discipline and that's why we are the most penalised team in the comp. Giving penalties away costs you in the end.

Ralphie said:

Well, it doesn't seem we can get discipline from some fans on the exclusive side of Brookie!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4