Here we go again, the Rooster Rule

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
So if Boyd Cordner is pushed out because of his many/countless concussions and it can be proven that that it was the one from the State of Origin, $350,000 compo to the Roosters.

This from Fox sports
CORDNER’S FUTURE STILL UNCLEAR

The biggest question at the Chooks is when will we see captain Boyd Cordner back leading the only way he knows how — by example.

The Roosters are obviously consulting a plethora of the absolute best medical experts and there is a strong suggestion the skipper will most likely sit out the opening 12 weeks of the season.

The Roosters will also be eligible to apply for salary cap relief of up to $350,000 given Cordner sustained his latest concussion representing NSW in the State of Origin series.

There’s been no paper work submitted to the NRL as of yet.

Cordner is an out and out champion and everyone in rugby league is behind him.

What a joke - how can they prove which head knock was the one that requires him to sit out 12 weeks?

Maybe they should have sat him out for a few weeks after each head knock that occurred in normal comp games instead of rushing him back?

I can't really see a problem with it. It's fairly simple to pinpoint what concussion it was by how he either recovered or didn't recover from it.

As much as I don't like it ... this is not a medical retirement where the key is that it is not a pre-existing injury ... this rule is simply did an injury occur in a rep game ... and it did ...might be stretching the intent of the rule but not the basis of it ...

I can't really see a problem with it. It's fairly simple to pinpoint what concussion it was by how he either recovered or didn't recover from it.
I can understand why they get the cap dispensation - he suffered the latest injury playing Origin and not for his club so why should the club be punished. But he had a history of concussion and the Roosters could have (should have?) insisted he is not available, so perhaps they should wear some of the risk as well.

Also, I have no medical qualifications, but the 12 weeks off seems a bit arbitrary. I guess this is where some will be cynical as Boyd will be nice and rested for the back half of the year.

What would happen if Turbo is out for several months if he injures his leg in a rep game. Would we get compensated or would they class it as a pre-existing.

if we can claim compo them I’m happy they can too but doubt we would be able to.

As much as I don't like it ... this is not a medical retirement where the key is that it is not a pre-existing injury ... this rule is simply did an injury occur in a rep game ... and it did ...might be stretching the intent of the rule but not the basis of it ...
One could argue that his 27 concussions beforehand make it "pre existing" Therefore carried the "injury" into the game.

You have to admire the roosters .
They compete with tenacity on and off the field to gain the upper hand

It's like this:

Cordner suffered several concussions in club games last season but the Roosters either kept bringing him back onto the field as soon as they could in the same game or as soon after the game as possible.

He then suffered another concussion in SOO.

The Roosters are now trying to take the moral high ground by holding the NRL responsible because one of his concussions happened in SOO so are now (cynically IMO) seeking compensation for him missing games this season.

At the end of the day, if the Roosters were so concerned about Cordner's well being, they wouldn't have rushed him back in club games.

I suppose Cordner should be lucky that the rorters are trying to medically retire him.

there seems to be instances from the past when the rorters want to move one player on (to buy 10 internationals) that player has all of a sudden found themselves immediately terminated due to some misbehavior clause.

- Player 'x' found with cocaine...! Even though we give his more fancied team-mate 400 chances, player 'x' has got to go immediately!

~consequently sign 4 x 1 million dollar a year valued players + a 17 year old as they set to once again get the rules changed for age restrictions~

-allegedly ...

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7