Help Needed with Player ID

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Who was the backrower that played for Easts during early 90's after starting at Canberra. His surname started with G. He was quite a decent player who had a bad run with injuries from memory.

Just out of interest have you found out the answer - I have no idea and the only backrower I can think of starting with a G was Gilli and he didn't play for Canberra

Bugger - this always gets me too when I see him on the coaching staff of either the Dragons or Roosters.

He played a fair bit of origin but I always get him mixed up with Fitzgibbon, and then can't pluck the name.

I don't think it started with G though. You may be thinking of Scott Gourley who was a Wallaby and then went to the Dragons, then to Easts.

This other bloke, his dad was an official or something?

It's not Gillmeister or Gourley.

I don't know whether he is involved in any sort of coaching role at the moment. Also not 100% sure that he played SOO.

Are you thinking of Nigel Gaffey? Won the GF with Canberra in 1990 and played mostly lock for Easts from 1992 - 95.

Yep Gaffey, that's who it was. Thanks, it's being annoying me for two days. Does anyone know if he played SOO.

I thought Gaffey played one of the bench once but it could have been just in a city v country match- he was a fairly solid unit with a flat top wasn't he???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4