Head of footy, todd greenbers likes the standard of the refs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
So the head of football operations has give the refs a big tick. Thats sad. Until you admit you have a problem its very difficult to address

If they honestly believe they have this covered they are idiots. regardless of the high shot on cherry I thought the way maxwell handled the situation was poor. He was ruffled and acted accordingly.As a Manly fan i even feel some sorrow for parra in the way it was handled.Nah.....only kidding.

In saying that there were 2 play the ball infringements in the game that I am still at a loss to understand. After 12 years playing the game and 42 supporting it i still have no idea what the infringement was, even though the ref explained it

On the footy show the clear message was that round 4 there would be a clamp down on the play the ball. using the hyphenator JWH as an example it was about the players not using the feet.Remember this chestnut. Every few years the same old same old. This is not a new rule. It was never scrapped BUT the refs let it slide. In all of the video sessions, refs bosses on salaries,team meetings, whistle polishing sessions no one saw it or cared to rectify in the course. But greenberger is happy and has got it sorted

Now its week 4 we have a grand final rematch as the first game of the round BUT, it is set to be destroyed by an over enforcement of a rule that they forgot about, but Fishberger is happy they have it covered

I challenge the almighty Tacoberger and his team to visit every League forum and compile a report on whether the Fans think he has it sorted. 8 of those teams were winners last week so its not all sour grapes.

The Baconberger was a myth at Canterbury. They had very little success under his tenure. The Leagues club is a goldmine and the No 1 sponsor would support them financially even if Charles Manson was the CEO. His dealings in poaching a successful coaching team were clumsy , unethical and sloppy. Sure he loves his head on the box, he is a decent mouth piece and was very happy to admit errors of the former management over the rorting of the cap. The trick here will be if he can accept his own errors. ben barber and the refs is a good start

But cheeseberger is the least of my worries. Im falling out of love with my sport. I know longer think about my sport when im alone.
The spark has disappeared, we are just going through the motions for the kids sake.We had a break up through the super League, got back together but its never the same .Now I have all these new rules I have to adhere to, i feel like a prisoner in this relationship. We both need out of this relationship and to move on and start seeing other sports. Ill try to remember the good times but its hard to do that when i know you dont respect me anymore

xoxoxoxox

PS. At least i appear to have my appetite back

After the Storm v Knights game on Triple M, Sterlo, Johns & Constable Bill thought the penalty count was over the top.
Though they didn't say it outright,
Point being, poor refereeing.

Our collective views of Greenturd are thus validated :cool:

Yesterday's charging of Kingy, has me wondering why I pay to be aggravated by nincompoops, albeit 'happy' ones :dodgy:

Someone artistic could do a 'Bill and Todd's most Excellent Adventure' Poster to celebrate the standard of Refereeing :idea:

Has the NRL actually considered that the introduction of two refs has been a failure?
Has the NRL considered that trial-by-video has been a failure?
They are now talking about reverting to basics when it comes to rules, yet they are the ones who are changing rules and interpretations all the time.
Currently we have a confusing system where two on-field refs interpret the match differently. That's human nature. You should only have one boss.
Then we have a video ref (how many people do we now have in the video box making "decisions by committee"?) chiming in whenever a player stays on the ground. They don;t jump in and tell a ref when he's made an obvious mistake.
By trying to make decisions 'perfect' - which is impossible - the NRL has worsened what used to be an uncomplicated game. They have eroded the power, and confidence, of the whistle-blower. It has led to more penalties, and the outcome of more matches being decided by referees than the players.

I've made the point on other threads about my utter disillusionment with NRL. To be honest the only thing that keeps me going is this Forum. I will continue to financially support the club I have passionately followed for over 50 years but the administrators of our great game have ruined it.

I'm ashamed to admit, but I plan to watch the AFL this weekend, but I won't watch any NRL. I will continue to financially support the club I have passionately followed for over 50 years, but that's where it ends until there are some changes.

You're welcome Ralphie, I know it's me that keeps you going.

Plus...I watch other sports...no biggie. Go the swans! And aussie cricketers...and the canucks (you guys suck) and the list goes on!

No Manly fans will be complaining after the last 2 weeks surely.

Refs gifted us both games, and of course there will be no complaints if we get a rough deal this week.

Keep it real people.

Why do the refs need to be told to police one of the fundamental rules of rugby league , the play the ball. Because instead of reading & learning the rule book, like refs of old, they have their heads full of Greens**t's corporate marketing spiel about speeding up the game.The refs have to play to the Ch9 tune & the NRLS fashionable rule of the week instead of policing the rule book. That bald headed twat is happy with it is he. I'd be happy if he fu**ed off into the Bermuda triangle never to be seen again.

Greenberg as head of footy in the NRL, and him overseeing the referees and refs boss = the blind leading the blind.

The NRL has a bright future under this knob lol

Does anyone expect him to come out and bag the ref's?

Consider the commercial nature of the NRL - do you really think the head of operations is going to come out and say we have a problem with the refs?

I am not saying this is the right approach but I am not sure what else you would expect regardless of who is in the role

It's a simple game. The officials insist on making it as complicated as possible so nobody understands the rules and referees have more discretion and scope to help their chosen teams win games. It happens in every match every week. Welcome to NRL 2014.

Greenturd is not a good leader, not transparent either.

The example he set over the Barba affair last year pointed to that.

He has overseen major inconsistency in the refereeing and match review committee. Some of the charges are a joke. Especially the should charge where Kingy gets done for a bump when Teo hits a guy late and escapes charge.

The fans are voting with their feet. Only 14K at Brooky on a warm Sunday against an old foe is worrying. The fans are being ripped off by unprofessional leaders in the game and Greenturd is the head of that snake.

Never forget the Dogs thought it was proper conduct to cause a rift at Manly and in the media in the days after a grand final to agitate to get the coach released, ruining Manly's celebrations and probably costing the Manly club the usual post grand final financial windfall from extra merchandise, corporates, sponsors and membership. Every sporting club knows you lose money most years and only make serious financial gains after a championship win. For a club to do that to another in the days after a grand final win was in my view despicable and selfish.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8372874

While Penn stopped short of accusing the Bulldogs of anything illegal, he claimed Canterbury's conduct had been far from first rate.

"Timing is a massive issue here," Penn said. "We would have thought our counterparts may have given us a bit more time to celebrate, and that didn't happen. That was their choice."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/game-changer-20130527-2n6ft.html

Perhaps the most controversial moment of Greenberg’s tenure at the Bulldogs was his poaching of the premiership-winning coach Des Hasler from the Manly Sea Eagles in late 2011. Most Bulldogs-friendly opinions describe it as a coup.

But Scott Penn, co-owner of the Sea Eagles since 2004, who had to deal with the loss of the coach before the sounds of celebratory corks popping had dissipated on the Sea Eagles’ 2011 season win, isn’t quite as impressed. “It was very clear cut from our end: we had a firm contract, but an employee of ours was encouraged to break our relationship,” says Penn. “I certainly saw the irony with them taking such a heavy stance when Sonny Bill broke his contract and then, on the flip side, doing the same with Des.”

For Greenberg’s part, he says that in looking for a coach, “if I didn’t go and make an approach to Des and do everything in my power to get him to the Bulldogs, I wouldn’t have been doing my job. My message to those people who are angry is that I have to do the things that are in the best interests of the club that I’m working for. And I hope people see that I’ll be doing the same thing when I represent the entire NRL.”

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8