Head Injuries- 75 going to court

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Haven 't or not able to read the full article but unless it can be shown conclusively that the head [ no pun intended ] body was either aware or had been given qualified advice that the or previous guidelines or applying rules were directly causing some potential brain damage issues , hard to see how that type of a case could be that successful . it was shown in the N F L in the states when there was a class action some years ago that the head body was aware and given advice of then existing and past brain damage with the prevailing playing guidelines back then which made them liable . Not ideal and quite disturbing and hopefully some insurance safety net can come into play but to prove negligence or lack of duty of care on the head body , far from a fore gone conclusion .

In the NFL,the clubs are generally privately owned and they have set aside one billion dollars I am pretty sure I read to deal with the lawsuit either coming or underway.

Honestly you can see that the end is nigh.

Contact sports like the one we love will be under massive pressure of law suits start being successful.

Sad really .

1665281910037.jpeg

1. Did the players play a sport where you know physical contact is made?
2. Did these players mitigate their risk by wearing headgear?
3. After they sustained their first injury, did they return to the field despite experience?

Next we'll get boxers suing the industry for issues related to being hit.

Come on now.

1. Did the players play a sport where you know physical contact is made?
2. Did these players mitigate their risk by wearing headgear?
3. After they sustained their first injury, did they return to the field despite experience?

Next we'll get boxers suing the industry for issues related to being hit.

Come on now.

My limited understanding of the law has me thinking that you can only sue if there is negligence or if there is a failure in the duty of care on the part of the club or sport administration ...

The NRL will be trying to prove they have taken all recommended steps to mitigate injury and protect players .. and that they have not been negligent ..

10 years later and the winners are .. the lawyers

My limited understanding of the law has me thinking that you can only sue if there is negligence or if there is a failure in the duty of care on the part of the club or sport administration ...

The NRL will be trying to prove they have taken all recommended steps to mitigate injury and protect players .. and that they have not been negligent ..

10 years later and the winners are .. the lawyers

EXACTLY mate. In our case (not including the UK abomination League), surely we've done SO much to mitigate the risk? Is the UK version the same?

My mate is working with bran scanning machinery that the UFC have purchased in the USA. It detects swelling in the brain in real time with percentages on severity leading to medical time outs.

He’s peddling it to the ARU at the moment, and testing is happening with the juniors in sone NSW teams.

The NRL is next in line to do the preview. The AFL didn’t want a bar of it for some reason. He was saying that that didn’t want to acknowledge fault. so didn’t want to even look at the technology.

Interesting that the ARU will be the first to roll it out if it’s passed by the A.M.A.

My mate is working with bran scanning machinery that the UFC have purchased in the USA. It detects swelling in the brain in real time with percentages on severity leading to medical time outs.

He’s peddling it to the ARU at the moment, and testing is happening with the juniors in sone NSW teams.

The NRL is next in line to do the preview. The AFL didn’t want a bar of it for some reason. He was saying that that didn’t want to acknowledge fault. so didn’t want to even look at the technology.

Interesting that the ARU will be the first to roll it out if it’s passed by the A.M.A.

What spins me out is that in the NHL, if a player gets a concussion, they could be out 4-6 months normally. NRL, they are generally right within a week or two.

What spins me out is that in the NHL, if a player gets a concussion, they could be out 4-6 months normally. NRL, they are generally right within a week or two.
Mustn't hurt as much in the nrl.🙄

Good luck to the players suing the league, I hope they win some compensation. Would be great if they could add the TV companies and advertising sponsors like betting agencies and (more in the past maybe) tobacco and alcohol industries, I'd say it is they who made the most money out of the players butting heads for all those years. The actual English league (like the NRL) is probably flat broke ... possibly by design!

What it will mean is that the the game itself will become so sanitised due to health concerns that it will be unrecognisable even from what it is now. Not just RL but every contact sport. Soccer will be ok as any contact has been outlawed for over 20 years but heading will be a no no. Darts anyone?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4