Hayne and Cummins Grand Final Match Performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Little Grubber Kick said:
Here's a link to a photo of the Jennings NO TRY!!!! :huh:

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/michael-jennings-of-the-roosters-scores-a-try-during-the-news-photo/183253566

no mate , that was a fair try , that pic is 1/2 second later he grounded that..

hayne on the other hand .... wanker

kept them in the game first half !!!!

we got penalised for a late hit on a kicker ... ok fair enough where was our penalty when the same thing happened in the 2nd half ????

also do i need to go to OPSM tomorrow or did jennings take out lyon without any intent going for the ball ????

bulls##t

Little Grubber Kick said:
Here's a link to a photo of the Jennings NO TRY!!!! :huh:

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detail/news-photo/michael-jennings-of-the-roosters-scores-a-try-during-the-news-photo/183253566

It's a try. That shot is a split-second after his contact with the ball to ground it. We copped some dud calls, but that is not one of them.

Spot on summary Silvertail.

That is exactly how I saw it and was absolutely seething at half-time. The right calls may have seen us well clear and the Roosters shattered by half-time. We'll never know.

Hate to whinge after a loss, and a really fantastic match with the 2 best teams in the comp turning it on. But FFS surely Hayne has to be held accountable if they were fair dinkum in reviewing the ref performances. Cummins seemed fine BTW.

This from a chooks fan on their forum sums it up???

We only conceded 2 penalties.

Surely I'm still pissed.

Every single call that could go against us Hayne took control and gave them the call????

I counted 5 times when we should have had them on the backfoot after calls but Hayne gave it to them???

The Ballen call was shocking, then to not give Manly the penalty for the headbutt was not only a shocker its was a bloody disgrace!

The forward pass was clear the ref was running alongside Jamie and clearly saw it and thought oh **** I don't wont to be the one to call back a try so lets it go????

Having said all that very proud of the boys and don't want to become bitter about loosing but have to say our grand finals deserve better than Hayne he is the worst ref in a big game I have seen since Harrigan and that's saying something!!!:huh::(

To rub it in, the only controversy that the media will write about...will probably be the penalty try.

It was a ****ing disgrace but hardly surprising when the ****wit Hayne was named as ref. Someone needs to take that prick out of the game permanently.

globaleagle said:
To rub it in, the only controversy that the media will write about...will probably be the penalty try.

Fortunately not!! I don't think it was only the eagles fans seeing that game as a one sided refereeing debacle (debacle is used to purely describe Hayne's adjudication)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/string-of-refereeing-shockers-cloud-epic-nrl-grand-final-between-roosters-and-manly/story-fndujljl-1226733886204

I knew we were in trouble as soon as I saw Hayne had the job. He has given us a bad deal all year. He hates Keiran and Jamie for questioning him. Would have awarded thetry to Gallen in the semi until Klein intervened. Manly has to take his performances over the year to the Nrl. Make up a video package of his blatant bad calls and make them justify them. Send a copy to all media outlets. Last night he wasn't even going to rule a line drop out when they forced Toupou in goal. He was on the spot but it was left to Cummings to come from 10 metres away to rule a line drop out. As mentioned earlier he is a disciple of Harrigan who went into Manly games with preconceived ideas. The club can't just sit back and continue to take this c@@@.

About a week after moving into a townhouse in chermside, brisbane....

We got broken into.

They (although I know it was the foxtel installer as someone up the street also got broken into and had a visit by foxtel)....

they stole my tag watch, my wife's $600 bracelet I just bought for her, about $1500 in cash, and all my change I had in different jars (they left the 5 cent pieces though...lol)

BUT

I felt more robbed after last nights game!!!!!

At 6-0 down, and us well on top and the Roosters rattled, it was pretty plain to see the refs were evening the game up in the first half. They missed the Pearce strip on Foran and the Wheara-Hargraves headbut. I still can't believe they missed the forward pass in the Jennings try. The only thing that went our way last night was the penalty try, and even then Gould and the commentators whinged that it wasn't a penalty try (I thought that call was fair). I hope that both refs never come within a bulls roar of another grand final, they were clearly not up to it.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

What would like to know is, who judges the referees' performances? Given that Anderson's job depends in favourable reviews, then I hope it's not him.
I was driving to Sydney for the game yesterday afternoon and they interviewed him. He was all jovial, everybody's mate, and actually had the hide to say that poor decisions, Tooves' rant etc "adds to the theatre". As soon as I heard that, I wondered how in the hell referees' performances will improve if poor decision making can be brushed off as casually as that.

TWO DOGS said:
I was expecting to be dudded as soon as I knew Hayne was appointed. I don't think he is incompetent, I think he is a cheat.

I can see why you're saying that. But I'll stop short of calling him a cheat. I think he's more from the Harrigan school if refereeing where he imposes himself on the game. By that, I mean he he considers what he thinks the result should be, and referees accordingly.
SBW being dominated? Manly must be offside. Penalty. JWH losing the ball? Must have been stripped. Penalty. Foran losing the ball? That was just Roosters being dominant. Scrum.
Same as Harrigan penalising serial offenders, whether he saw the offence or not.

Rosco's post says it all. I knew we couldn't win when Hayne got the call. The club needs to put in a formal complaint against this guy. He refs us, we lose. Simple as that.

If that GF was any major horse race all betting records would be called in and thorough investigation of the event would be held. Including bank accounts and phone records of wife's relatives and girlfriends of all parties under scrutiny.

If the NRL want to allow betting on their sport they need to ensure all is above board checks and balances in place.

Don't be surprised if sometime in the future yesterday's game isn't highlighted as an example of match fixing. I am not say it was but it will come under the microscope at some point.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4