Have we been to harsh!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Leighbra

Lets be honest we have played like absolute rubbish and probably the worst I've seen us play in the last 15 years but have we been to harsh given we have played 3 of the expected top 4 sides, all be it we got flogged but being realistic the best we could have hoped for was a close game rather then the blow outs we saw. The dragons result was the one that hurt the most I believe, but If I'm honest i think we can still sneak into the 8 once things click. I still have faith we can turn it around but we certainly have to show more effort and enthusiasm then what we have done the last 4 rounds and a bit of luck on the injury front

Lets be honest we have played like absolute rubbish and probably the worst I've seen us play in the last 15 years but have we been to harsh given we have played 3 of the expected top 4 sides, all be it we got flogged but being realistic the best we could have hoped for was a close game rather then the blow outs we saw. The dragons result was the one that hurt the most I believe, but If I'm honest i think we can still sneak into the 8 once things click. I still have faith we can turn it around but we certainly have to show more effort and enthusiasm then what we have done the last 4 rounds and a bit of luck on the injury front

Yep ... but this is the place if you like harsh ... blokes that have taken us to the semi's are apparently now not 1st graders ... etc etc ..

If it was just a couple of players down on form and confidence most would be optimistic ... but the whole team is performing poorly ... and without any evident structure or shape .. and the vaunted Dessie resilience and defensive mindset is non existent ... the why of it is baffling ..

I think everybody would be less harsh if we had at least shown some improvement in form and attitude over the 4 weeks ... but apart from a few glimpses ... nada ..

I am confident (hopeful anyway) that once some form returns the improvement will continue until we are again competitive ...

We have lost 17 out of 24 games..13 losses from 14..i dont think we are being to harsh at all

Don't judge Manly too harshly: Brown​

8 April 2021, 12:32 pm
9b6890de2b0a0ed4c129ad17131a199f

Warriors coach Nathan Brown believes Manly's winless start to the NRL season comes with an asterisk as the teams shape up for their Central Coast Stadium showdown on Friday night.
The Sea Eagles' season appears in disarray after failing to notch a win - or even mount a genuine challenge - in the opening four rounds.
The Warriors meanwhile, have split their results.

But Brown, who will mark his 250th NRL game as coach, felt Manly were stronger than their results suggested.
"The Eagles have played Penrith, Souths and the Roosters - all extremely difficult teams who were considered top four coming into the season," Brown said.
"They're going through some difficult times with Tommy Trbojevic being out and a couple of other blokes being out so I wouldn't look too much into where they are on the ladder.
"They've played some very good teams, and for us, we've got to sort out our own backyard to give ourselves a good chance."
Manly have named Jack Gosiewski in the second row to replace the injured Morgan Boyle (shoulder) while centre Morgan Harper will cover Moses Suli (back).
The Warriors suffered a huge blow this week, losing representative enforcer Addin Fonua-Blake to a knee injury which is likely to sideline him for at least eight weeks.
Tohu Harris has been named in the front row while ex-Parramatta prop Kane Evans has been included on the bench to make his Warriors debut, in a timely boost.
With the Warriors ranked first in the competition for set completion, Brown demanded an improvement in his team's defence following their 20-point loss to the Sydney Roosters last round.
"The key thing is obviously the defence," Brown said.
"We got well beaten there with the speed of the game by the Roosters the other day so it's an area of the game we've certainly got to improve."

Arguably we haven't been harsh enough.

You said it feathered friend
We have played like absolute rubbish and probably the worst I've seen us play in the last 15 years

Forget this living in denial of only 4 losses this year

The absolute rubbish and probably the worst I've seen us play in the last 15 years goes back to half the season last year

Those loses were also historic record breaking shameful thrashing including embarrassing spiritual home ground ones

Any one that thinks we should not be harsh on the ones that have dishonoured our Legendary clubs proud winning history have no passion or pride for it

Once we start taking our Legendary clubs high standards lightly we start accepting mediocrity and we degrade our culture

We are not going well at the moment but these momentary moments do not define the Greatness of our Legendary club .

What defines our Legendary club is the never say die , passionate ,resilient ,committed and loyal Manly souls including great players , Investors and Club members that stick around and rise above adversity like the Great Sea eagles that we are and soar once again to Glory

TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE !!!

20210110_081944.jpg

In general I don't think we've been too harsh. While we have played 3 teams who could feasible make the top 4 and a Dragons team just as they hit a bit of form, it's the manner of the defeats. The losses to Roosters, Souths and Panthers were dismal from both an effort and execution perspective. I did see some things to like against the Dragons but once they got out to a lead, the heads dropped and it was deja vu.

However, I don't think we can't keep playing this badly. Something will spark us into action. Maybe it's Turbo when he comes back. Foz is trying, maybe he forms a connection down his edge. The front row, as a unit, I think are playing reasonably well. I'm not sure what will lift us, but I do think there's enough talent in this team to get us off the bottom.

Last edited:
Leigh , we all have opinions and whilst I appreciate yours I do beg to differ a little.

Have we been to harsh ??

No

Why??

It’s not just four losses, it’s in fact one hell of a lot more with the only recent wins against spooner teams from 2020.

It seems they’ve given up!!!

Where’s that “ fight to the death “ Manly spirit ??

I’ll tell you where it is , in the toilet along with our season.

We are all passionate supporters. We have come to expect great things from our club. It's only reasonable that the players putting on that jersey every week reciprocate that passion. Until they turn their attitude around, dig deep and play with passion, they are not going to get any respect from me or most of their supporters. Harsh or not. That's reality.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4