Have the Silvertails gone soft ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Will start by pointing out this is in no part a crack at Burns.

Recently we have had a player at the club say "Play me here or i am buggering off" and basically delivering an ultimatum.

Normally with that sort of talk, the player is hung, drawn and quartered on this site, imagine if Monaghan uttered those words :lol: :bdh:

So, have some of you lot mellowed in your old age and are softening up ? In the old days that comment would have commanded 20 new threads a day :drunk:

I think its more a case that when someone says something with a hard line they get chopped down.

Good job on dragging up the monas issue again KE.

Take a leaf out of your own book. ;)

I like to use examples flip, so pulled out the best one available, because it is the most recent :p

And also, in no way does it draw into the Ox v Monas bull**** anyhow :D

The Burns situation currently is almost a carbon copy of the Monas one from 2 years ago.

The two biggest differences are that a) the club has been more up front with Burns, and b) Monas was more accomodating with the media - much to his own detriment.

Not at all a carbon copy.

differences
- The club want Burns ->they didnt want monad
- Burns is looking around to see if anyone else wants him at 5/8 -> monas wasn't wanted by anyone else and cried foul over it
- Monas bitched moaned, whinged and cried to the media dragging us all through it with him.

There are some vague similarities but completely different.

You will find that Burns is conducting himself fairly and professionally, monas acted like a girls blouse

DSM5, you werent around at the beginnings of this site, it was brutal on any slipup.

Poor old Jye probably still can't sleep right :D

- Monas bitched moaned, whinged and cried to the media dragging us all through it with him.

I addressed that. His biggest mistake was being too accomodating to the media.

He could just easily have done the dealings behind the club's back and been paranoid about every single interview like Burns is doing rather than answering questions. I absolutely agree that Monas would've served himself better by not talking, but he was too helpful to the media. He always is.

The bottom line is that both players aren't considered the best option in a certain position because of high-priced recruits, and they're both looking elsewhere for better deals.

Monas wasn't without offers when his last contract was up. Granted, he was commanding more cash than Burns is now, but there were clubs after him.

I guess the main difference is. Monas is twice as good a player.

And yes KE Double standards are the go. ;)

If burns was carrying on like monaghan did in 05 than he would cop his share.

Just like monaghan did this year. I can only think of 1 person who really took him to pieces over leaving this time. And that person just cannot be explained. ;)

DSM5, you werent around at the beginnings of this site, it was brutal on any slipup.

Agree with you KE, all this success has let some of people think all things are rosey and we can rest on our laurels.

We have to keep improving setting the bar even higher if we are to win a comp.

Poor Jye kick one ball onto Pittwater Road and deservedly copped the mother of all hidings on here. neuman let 3 tries through his side of the field and everyone starts offering excuses and feeling sorry for him I don't think Des would have given him the same latitiude at training this week based upon his & Zorbas comments after the game.

and in true ST fashion the messiah gets pats on the back for leaving neumann with the overlap

Add Kite into the mix. He loves Canberra, doesn't know if he should have left, would consider playing there and no deal is done with us. Somebody grab a rope.....
:)

You boys al whinge when we whinge and whinge when we don't whinge.

sheesh

A lot of people enjoy telling you you are a wnaker mata, and those opportunities are getting less and less frequent :drunk: ;)

[quote author=Kiwi Eagle]

Agree with you KE, all this success has let some of people think all things are rosey and we can rest on our laurels.

We have to keep improving setting the bar even higher if we are to win a comp.

Poor Jye kick one ball onto Pittwater Road and deservedly copped the mother of all hidings on here. neuman let 3 tries through his side of the field and everyone starts offering excuses and feeling sorry for him I don't think Des would have given him the same latitiude at training this week based upon his & Zorbas comments after the game.
[/quote]

One problem with that - Jye had shockers all season and Des kept picking him and picking him and picking him. It wasn't till his famous knee injury was revealed that things were put in perspective. Monagahan ran around in circles for about ten weeks in a row as we drifted down the table and was probably trying too hard. He then walked out and didn't show at the end of year function though he was captain. Not to mention the Banaghan bleating. King had two seasons in which he was an embarrassment, especially since he had such a reputation. He may well have been injured but he didn't measure up on the paddock.

Much of the bleating was justified.

As we are doing much better at present people like Orford are being cut a bit more slack - though he and Jamie Lyon will need to keep performing to win people's loyalty. I can't bag Neumann as he is 19 and has played two games. If he learns and bounces back as Hayne did last night (after his Origin mistake) I am sure he will also be regarded highly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4