Have the Roosters conned the Rugby league world

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Peter C

Bencher
Have the Roosters conned the league world with the signing of Cronk.
They knew there would be a negative backlash from Pearce when they signed Cronk, yet they have avoided all the negative publicity regarding the axing of a loyal one club player in Pearce.
Sure, they didn't sack Pearce when Cronk became available, that would have been tantamount to the utmost callousness, however they also knew that three into two wouldn't fit and rather than sack one player, they give Pearce the option of being a bench impact player for two seasons, and then take over from Cronk when he retires, they knew that this would have been unacceptable to Pearce leaving him with no option but to leave.
The Roosters knew he would go so did all his teammates , however there is no backlash against them.
It would have been similar if I brought another woman home and said to my wife, "darling she'll be here for a couple of years, however I still want you as well, and when her time is up, you and I will be together again", that would go down really well.

Their method of axing - giving him no choice but to quit - means that they don't have to pay a cent for him ever again, unlike if they'd openly decided to offload him.
Financially clever sure, but let's wait and see the effect it has on the rest of the team and their feelings of unity with the club.

Irrespective of any prospect or likelihood of any negative publicity , just seems that the Roosters made a calculated decision to recruit Cronk , rated Keary worth keeping more then Pearce , with Keary "s lower contract value [ and regardless of their individual playing comparisons ] and fully anticipated Pearce then wishing or preferring to leave This does appear to be quite a callous and insincere way of handling or facilitating the whole exercise but again quite intentional and calculated . Again rightly or wrongly , and no doubt even with the Roosters preference for less public or internal criticism , just seems that any possible negative or adverse publicity or reaction really did not primarily play a role in the Roosters decision to acquire Cronk .

It's a change from their normal procedure of moving on unwanted players who suddenly and mysteriously develop a "drug problem".....a drug problem that also suddenly and mysteriously becomes public knowledge.

Don't all clubs do this? Signing new players then making life uncomfortable for existing surplus contracted players is nothing new

• 👍
Reactions: Ben
It's how it affects the other roosters that will be telling. Cordner has already said he will testate open market.

It would have been similar if I brought another woman home and said to my wife, "darling she'll be here for a couple of years, however I still want you as well, and when her time is up, you and I will be together again".
Wow. What Cap are you operating under?

It would have been similar if I brought another woman home and said to my wife, "darling she'll be here for a couple of years, however I still want you as well, and when her time is up, you and I will be together again", that would go down really well.
You are just missing you saying "I know you can learn from her and her experience" and her (new signing) saying "I have things to learn from her" actually damn it, that sounds like a fantastic arrangement

It's a change from their normal procedure of moving on unwanted players who suddenly and mysteriously develop a "drug problem".....a drug problem that also suddenly and mysteriously becomes public knowledge.

Apparently a dog problem is a lesser evil than a drug problem.

Looks like they think everybody is stupid..very ruthless and underhanded way to get rid of a 1 club man. Whichever way you want to look at it that's a dog act. Karma's a bitch.. Soz but Pearce really got dogged.

Have the Roosters conned the league world with the signing of Cronk.
They knew there would be a negative backlash from Pearce when they signed Cronk, yet they have avoided all the negative publicity regarding the axing of a loyal one club player in Pearce.
Sure, they didn't sack Pearce when Cronk became available, that would have been tantamount to the utmost callousness, however they also knew that three into two wouldn't fit and rather than sack one player, they give Pearce the option of being a bench impact player for two seasons, and then take over from Cronk when he retires, they knew that this would have been unacceptable to Pearce leaving him with no option but to leave.
The Roosters knew he would go so did all his teammates , however there is no backlash against them.

Great points Peter. You are always spot on mate, with your stuff.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8