Haumole Olakau'atu re-signed (to 2024)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Good signing
He seems happy with it so must be aware the Des is just getting him ready then it will be full steam ahead for this guy
If not for his injury he would have been getting a bench spot at least

honestly best news of the week. Badly underused, he's the future so we gotta persist with him. I've said this so many times on this forum, he is honestly the best second rower in our whole club. Hoping he secures his starting position, and we let go of Siro and Jetski at the end of this year and sign a big second rower to start with haumole. Have Davey as our bench backrower as well. Forward pack can finally shape up a bit more.

Great news on Olakautau, interesting timing, perhaps waiting till Des was confirmed?

In 2019 Des played Olakautau off the bench in finals against the Sharks over Tony Williams because Olakautau had been able to play reserve grade and Des voted youth.

In 2020, there was no reserve grade, and we had plenty of experienced, 'safe' backrow backup options (Waddell, Jetski). As we saw eventually w/ Hoppa (unfit + confidence died) and Schu (cramped up + injured), bringing in underdone players was a risk.

In 2020, if reserve grade was a thing, I'm sure we would have seen some Olakautau and more of Schu.

In 2021 I think Des will use players like Olakautau, B. Trbojevic (maybe), Harper and Schuster because they're at least playing some football in reserves. While rd 1 selections were too conservative I agree, rd 2 has seen Des make 4 or so slight changes. And I expect that he will gradually make more this season, when they are ready.
Agree with this. In REALITY, Des' calls on the younger "stars" have in hindsight been a lot smarter than most here have given him credit. Young Hoppa is not even making the 21 with the Warrors for example.

A senior moment, sorry...still hasn't made the Raiders 21 after many here were in fits about him not being selected in our 13 and touted him as being a team-changer. Does that make you feel better? It shouldn't..Des was right.
I prefer Hoppa was wrong....again.

Apart from turbo and the ****house performance on the weekend the only bad news has been unfounded rumours and complete BS on here as usual.

Normal service will continue tomorrow I'm sure with Schuster once again looking to leave.

You do realise that this is the MO for Silvertails since day 1.

The highs !!!

The lows!!

And everything in between.

It’s just “ the vibe “ .

Hi Moley

@Mitch soon I imagine it’s where he gets his Sea Eagles info from.

Funny but the Facebook pages might have the numbers but this is where the journos come !!

I’m absolutely certain of it mate! Posts on here saying there has to be something wrong within the playing group...next minute The Mole has an article around player unrest at the club haha.

Good luck to him though, there is some good mail on here at times so go keep looking for the scoop Moley!

I’m absolutely certain of it mate! Posts on here saying there has to be something wrong within the playing group...next minute The Mole has an article around player unrest at the club haha.

Good luck to him though, there is some good mail on here at times so go keep looking for the scoop Moley!

There’s some very well connected people on here , I used to be one but I’m just a bog average punter these days !!

Hi Moley

@Mitch soon I imagine it’s where he gets his Sea Eagles info from.

Funny but the Facebook pages might have the numbers but this is where the journos come !!

I noticed on the Facebook page El Jefe has announced the page will be locked for comments during the game today & for a certain period afterwards until the admin deems it appropriate to re-open @:D

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6