Hate to say it but

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jake really tries hard every week. His workload has increased as Apil did so much around the ruck defence wise last year.

Since his shoulder injury and consequent surgery hes not quite been the same. As always he is courageous and passionate and I think he would really benefit from some younger players coming in to take some of the load off him.

Jake really tries hard every week. His workload has increased as Apil did so much around the ruck defence wise last year.

Since his shoulder injury and consequent surgery hes not quite been the same. As always he is courageous and passionate and I think he would really benefit from some younger players coming in to take some of the load off him.
Yep, does the defence for two people, his own tackles and a lot of covering up harse arse tackles.

If we had better depth on bench and an API like defender around the ruck he should be subbed off for a quick spell. Even the best locks have a spell. Sam Burgees often did, Cameron Murray has a spell, Taumalolo etc

Ja
Unfortunately there are number of players who simply haven’t played as well as they did last year, add in players who are missing and you get the same results that we have been getting.
I agree and this is why we should give our up and coming stars a run and add a new lease of life and inspiration to the team . Des has done a remarkable job with these no frills players and he can do the same with our rising stars .
You can do it Des !

It’s not Jake per se. It’s the way he’s overused as a second 5/8 with so many wasted lay offs. In my opinion he should be playing like Junior Paulo and the like where his role is a running forward first who uses his offload when the chance arises as opposed to an overused ball player who runs on the odd occasion.

Jake is playing himself into an early grave .... since the set restarts and the speeding up of the game ... he is still getting through the workload .... but the quality of his work has gone from exceptional to tradesman ..... needs to be rotated off for a break ..... rather have 60 mins of the old Jake than 80 mins of the new Jake ....

It’s not Jake per se. It’s the way he’s overused as a second 5/8 with so many wasted lay offs. In my opinion he should be playing like Junior Paulo and the like where his role is a running forward first who uses his offload when the chance arises as opposed to an overused ball player who runs on the odd occasion.

So is that a des symptom, or DCE being too selective of the ball he seems to accept or not

Jake is playing himself into an early grave .... since the set restarts and the speeding up of the game ... he is still getting through the workload .... but the quality of his work has gone from exceptional to tradesman ..... needs to be rotated off for a break ..... rather have 60 mins of the old Jake than 80 mins of the new Jake ....
Jake is playing himself into an early grave ..... That is so funny...
I love your expressions Woodsie....LOL
remote.png

Yes this is a system Des used back at the Dogs also with Graham with success for a while, then became very stagnent and predictable, where a select forward is used to play as a 2nd halfback....
There are 3 systems with ball in hand -
1) Play before the line
2) Play at the line
3) Play through the line
Jake is playing more option 1 than anything, maybe 2 and 3 would be more beneficial.

He is a better version of Aiden Tolman/ James Grahamat this point in time. Definitely coached.

And to be fair, Jake always looks a hell of a lot better with Tom running/ hobbling off his hip.

Jake --> Prop maybe

80 minutes --> 50 minutes certainly
I think this would strengthen our pack.. with one of AFB or taupau dropping to the bench.. our prop rotation would be the best in the comp. To do this we would need to bring in a lock.. a creative one preferably. I think schuster could fit the mould.. reminds me alot of feleti mateo

Unfortunately there are number of players who simply haven’t played as well as they did last year, add in players who are missing and you get the same results that we have been getting.
They dont seem to want to win..... if we can only win with an injury prone Turbo we need a big rebuild cross the total team.

He’s being overused as a 2nd 5/8 because a lot of the time this year as we haven’t had a real 1st 5/8 (not a Union one either). The over use makes him quite predictable as well. In saying that, he and dce are at times the only two busting a gut on both sides of the football.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4