Hate for Nate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Heavy loss, not much to be happy about, gloomy future...

I know, let's turn on each other in the ST forums. So ****ing predictable!

When I look at Ned's photo, I'm getting a strong Larry the Cameraman (Chris Elliott in Groundhog Day) or Gary Walsh (Tony Hale in Veep) vibe.

Looks like a contestant in the Lurker Lookalike Contest,

While I don't think our fellow Sea Eagle really wants Nate Myles dead (I hope not anyway) his frustration is understandable. In Myles 12 year career, he has never really stood up. Let us not forget, has been part of a phenomenal QLD side. That has cloaked his mediocrity. Unfortunately for us, we signed him at his very worst, and I suspect it may have been done to appease the over paid and under performing Cherry-Evans. Granted a half does need his forwards to set a platform however Cherry-Evans touched the ball five times against the eels. Myles ran 4 times for less than 20 metres. One could say the Titans dodged a bullet.

When I look at Ned's photo, I'm getting a strong Larry the Cameraman (Chris Elliott in Groundhog Day) or Gary Walsh (Tony Hale in Veep) vibe.

Looks like a contestant in the Lurker Lookalike Contest,

I deadset thought it was Simon Pegg before looking closer

Wow. Wishing death on someone ?

Looking forward to next week when he condones domestic violence.

Take a valium and watch the sunset Ned.

None of us disagree with the sentiment on how Myles is playing ( although for 20 minutes yesterday he wasn't too bad), but I don't wish death on anyone.

I'm sure the poster was fired up and only venting BUT that's crossing a line we don't need on this forum.

I understand why this has been left open but Mods, probably time to close it off!!

None of us disagree with the sentiment on how Myles is playing ( although for 20 minutes yesterday he wasn't too bad), but I don't wish death on anyone.

I'm sure the poster was fired up and only venting BUT that's crossing a line we don't need on this forum.

I understand why this has been left open but Mods, probably time to close it off!!
I agree it crossed the line. I only ever wish season ending injuries on current or past purple scum that participated in stealing the 2007 Premiership from us. I accept that is a flaw in my character, but it is what it is. I know it may seem hypocritical but there is a monumental difference between the two positions.

I agree it crossed the line. I only ever wish season ending injuries on current or past purple scum that participated in stealing the 2007 Premiership from us. I accept that is a flaw in my character, but it is what it is. I know it may seem hypocritical but there is a monumental difference between the two positions.

A season ending injury and death IS a monumental difference.

I'm sure if Ned thought about it a bit he may not have used those words.

His sentiment however is shared by most, if not all on here.

dies? Really?
I can put you in touch with the club if you want to take it up with them or Myles himself

He has underperformed and to his credit he has come out and said his form last year as terrible and he is working on it. I'd like to see more from him and I am sure we will in the weeks to come, if he doesn't improve, when Marty et al come back he will move back to the bench.

What I would like to see going forward is players earning their spots and being punished for form or attitude. Myles is clearly trying and tackling he just isnt moving forward as well as he is capable of when firing.

Personally I would probably keep him starting and move Marty out wider than prop. I think Marty is wasted in prop and more damaging running out wider on the smaller men with his size and mobility.

I get the impression that Myles will play himself into form from starting position rather than playing off the bench

I disagree I would leave marty up front he is a perfect forward who can bend the line when he doesn't fumble, he can also defend quite well through the middle. Having a man of his stature out wide I just don't think he could defend against the likes of the more agile and strong centres in the game. Could you picture him trying to defend and do damage against a penrith backline I don't he is not fast or nimble.

I do not see nate myles returning to former self, he just looks war torn and battered even after a pre season, he used have a good name for his work load and defence but hes now missing tackles he doesn't bend the line and he rarely shows an offload. I think 500k a season can be going to someone else with more potential.

• 👍
Reactions: Ned
let him
Sure Nates out of form. Has been for a while. Self admitted as well.

But he wears the Maroon and White so I'll be cheering for him week in/week out till the day he stops wearing it.

Wishing death on a Manly player because of his lack of performance on a footy field probably suggests your grip on the keyboard is a little too tight. I'd enjoy seeing you detail your level of disgust with Nate face to face and not from behind a keyboard. Perhaps you would take a different approach?....

All Nate can do is come back next week and try again. Let's just hope he can do that and improve.

Well trent should make the call and let him try in the nsw intrust super premiership not try and build back lost form in first grade when we don't have time for that within our team. We are chasing our first win its time to get younger forwards in to take his place and learn off marty .

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish death on the guy, I just want him out of my team ASAP. If he won't leave and he happens to have an unfortunate accident I won't be upset. Look at his stats today, pure garbage, you want him starting!!! I wouldn't have him in the 7, even with AFB and Tapau out.

Like I said before IMO he is a worthless piece of sh1t. The hope that he will regain form or purpose is gone, there is no chance of that. This guy is a leach sucking up the last years of a first grade contract. He will NEVER be worth half the money he is being paid and because he is soooo sh1t no other team will want him so we are stuck with the big headed lumbering log for 2 more seasons. So sorry no I wouldn't be upset if he died.
He needs to be shown the door to the English super league where ex nrl players seem to finish up.

• 🤝
Sorry Ned, but you have reached the low, low levels of ST.
A club of 2 imo.

Well done !!

The bottom line is we paid overs for him for 2 reasons:
1. To try get DCE to re-sign (good mates)
2. We were struggling to attract top talent to the club

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8