Hat A or Hat B

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does anyone know the actual original reason Manly are Maroon and White?

It really bothers me around Origin time coz I'm most definitely a New South Welshman...hence a ''Blue'' .

I don't mind the grey being used to compliment the maroon and white in merchandise , but the navy-blue is less appealing to me.

Colours of Freshwater SLC were adopted at the start.

It always amazes me that Manly yap on about protecting their Brand, but do not maintain their corporate colours - for the official members merchandise at least :huh:

At the GF, or any packed ground, how great is it to see the definable maroon and white section :)

The other merchandising lines, like pink for Women in League etc can be seperate.

The hideous Factory Outlet Budgie is also a half arsed attempt to create a new symbol - eagles have streamlined skulls to dive down to their prey! A simple google image search would have resulted in better alternatives :cool:

globaleagle said:
The Who said:
I have asked a graphic designer who works in my office to create an alternative. When she does I'll (try to) post it on this site. I can assure you it will be much more visually assertive than the US College style versions we have been asked to vote on.

Has she done it yet?

No, I just sprung it on her. It's a freebie so I can't push too hard. Good thing is she lives in the Manly area. But just from some initial ideas she had the design/s will have 'movement' in them to indicate an eagle in flight.

The Who said:
globaleagle said:
The Who said:
I have asked a graphic designer who works in my office to create an alternative. When she does I'll (try to) post it on this site. I can assure you it will be much more visually assertive than the US College style versions we have been asked to vote on.

Has she done it yet?

No, I just sprung it on her. It's a freebie so I can't push too hard. Good thing is she lives in the Manly area. But just from some initial ideas she had the design/s will have 'movement' in them to indicate an eagle in flight.

I was just kidding. :blush:

Because I asked only about an hour after you posted, annnnd any graphic designers I know a)usually hate being asked for those favours and b)take pride in all their work do no way was it going to be done in an hour.

:angel:

bob dylan said:
I know we are not the New York Yankees but when I went to Yankee Stadium last year and to the Yankees stores around Manhattan I had trouble keeping my cap selections down a reasonable number.

So many styles it was amazing.

Looking at the manly on line store thingy, etc... there are a heap of different styles in there as well, which is a good think.

I think the members cap should be:
1) Good quality (this year's is good quality)
2)Maroon and white
3) Say 2014 member on the back (obv increase for every year - that disclaimer is for you funny bastards....you know who you are!!)
4)If need be, sponsors on the side
5) The front - either a)logo, b) type saying manly warringah sea eagles, or, c)retro but recognisable logo

No diff colours, no fancy MW, no screwing around with it.

Have a thousand diff caps if you want, leave and make the members something special.

By the way, things are bad in Ukraine, hey.

Them crazy Ruskies just love fight, problem is they aren't real good at it.

Just saying, A Russian bloke,who's mum was Ukrainian told me it was just Ukraine, meaning "out there, edge", etc.
He said it like, Ook-cran, ook rhyming with book.

manlyfan76 said:
The Ukraine.

That was in the soviet union days......or possibly coming up in the near future.

Or a very very slight corner gas reference!

RiverEagle said:
Does anyone know the actual original reason Manly are Maroon and White?

It really bothers me around Origin time coz I'm most definitely a New South Welshman...hence a ''Blue'' .

I don't mind the grey being used to compliment the maroon and white in merchandise , but the navy-blue is less appealing to me.

Freshwater Life Savers Junior Rugby League Football Club.
Arko and Roy Bull used to play for them.
Colours were Maroon and White.
Slightly darker Maroon in the old days.
Certain Freshwater "influence" pass on the colours to Manly.
We're still the Manly Sea Eagles, Maroon and White.

-

Thanks @Ramrod (and HappilyManly mentioned that also).
I have noticed the darker maroon in older photos, and generally love our maroon and white...Just that State of Origin time that gives me the slight irrits.

To be fair though we have had a steady stream of quality footballers come to us from QLD down through the years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6