Haslers thoughts on season from Telegraph

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hasler takes positives away
By James Hooper
September 12, 2005

DISAPPOINTED Manly coach Des Hasler still had cause for satisfaction yesterday after becoming the first coach in seven seasons to steer a Sea Eagles side into the playoffs.

Despite being slightly embarrassed by a first-half Parramatta onslaught, in the bigger picture the Sea Eagles have slightly over-achieved this season by breaking into the finals for the first time since 1998.

Hasler deserves credit for guiding Manly to an impeccable first half of the season, when the Sea Eagles were consistently among the top three teams in the competition ladder.

But a combination of the loss of key players during the Origin series, injuries and a slump in form for some stars saw Manly plummet down the ladder before just scraping into eighth place.

Quizzed about his take on the Sea Eagles' season, Hasler said: "If you make the semi-finals you've got to be reasonably happy," Hasler said.

"There are plenty of positives going forward. Plenty of optimism.

"I've got to say I was proud of the way the boys stuck to it. But Parramatta were just too good on the day.

"We didn't do ourselves any favours early on. We didn't execute well, turned over too much ball and struggled for yardage."

On the positive side of the ledger this season has been the performance of back-rower Ben Kennedy, who was purchased at the start of the season to try and instil a winning culture and has certainly done everything in his power to do so.

Advertisement:
The Sea Eagles can also look forward to the arrival of star new recruits Matt Orford and Steve Bell next season, who should add more strikepower to Manly's attacking arsenal.
Outspoken veteran centre Terry Hill played the final game of what has been an outstanding career yesterday, finishing with a typically cheeky motor-mouth performance.

The Daily Telegraph

Despite being slightly embarrassed by a first-half Parramatta onslaught, in the bigger picture the Sea Eagles have slightly over-achieved this season by breaking into the finals for the first time since 1998.

F-off Dessie, You were expected to take us into the semis. You merely achieved.

You're last 12 weeks were a disgrace. You're players didnt respond. You're team got smashed, after that great start you under-achieved when strong leadership was required.

You know we aren't looking to crash if Byso is finding things tough...

2006 Byso....2006 my friend.

:) :)

The last 10 weeks were a disgrace. A record loss to boot. Yeah I'm not happy with how we finished the year. :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2